+++E Tenebrae Lux+++

That's great GK Purifier! Congratulations - I'm a big fan of drop pods - so much cooler than the Rhino/Razorback alternatives! I'm updating your status to complete.

Just let me remind you that you cannot claim points for Furious Charge as it cannot be represted on the minis. Could you please re-calculate the total excluding FC?

Grrrrr... So many people are finishing and I still have another 3 termies to do, plus the Reclusiarch. Not enough time in a day I say. Oh well I got the next vow stuff in so once I finish I will be ready for round 2!

as i've missed the point that you have to present a photo of before, i dont have a photo of before, so will post a process pic

in process:

gallery_62076_7388_208621.jpg

Fist marine is nearly finished, flamer needs a bit of polishing,and one of the chainswords is 60% done, others got a bit of undercoat,sadly spray went off during the coating,which leads for it to be bad

P.S. can anyone give advice how to paint bases, not a big fan of using base materials,so if anyone know a good way to paint it it will be great.

Question: one of my termies is holding a genestealer head and spinal column, but how vital is that I paint them now? the reason i'm asking is because I have a friend who plays tyranids but hasn't quite decided on a theme yet, so i kinda want to leave the genestealer fleshy bits clear until I have something I can match...

Question: one of my termies is holding a genestealer head and spinal column, but how vital is that I paint them now? the reason i'm asking is because I have a friend who plays tyranids but hasn't quite decided on a theme yet, so i kinda want to leave the genestealer fleshy bits clear until I have something I can match...

Oh, c'mon! :)

Look, if you say you are happy with the mini being declared complete noone will dispute you. If you can sleep at night though it's an entire different matter. :(

Oh, c'mon! :lol:

Look, if you say you are happy with the mini being declared complete noone will dispute you. If you can sleep at night though it's an entire different matter. :(

Can't say we lack creativity... Lol

@Reinhard: When your friend chooses to his colour scheme and you finish the model, I'd very much like to see it! Even if it's after the ETL challenge ends!

Before I started my BT, I started 40k off playing Tau. A friend of mine plays as Ultramarines and he had many spare bits, so I did something similar for my Crisis Commander. He's standing on a Terminator's Helmet.

@: Grey Knight Purifier: Thx for that - everything is updated!

@ Dark Scipio: No, no... It's just that I asked GK Purifier to recalculate his vow excluding "Furious Charge" . It has nothing to do with your vow - that doesn't have Furious Charge in it anyway! :D

Since someone mentioned being able to count it if it can convincingly be modeled I've been trying to think exactly how one would show that. Other then having them slicing an ork in half or something on their base.

Also if I do a Land raider crusader can I do blessed hull if I decorate it appropriately? (I'll probably decorate it anyway but would be cool if i could get points for the effort)

Grrrrr... So many people are finishing and I still have another 3 termies to do, plus the Reclusiarch. Not enough time in a day I say. Oh well I got the next vow stuff in so once I finish I will be ready for round 2!

I feel the same way, but I am at least taking comfort in that I am making good progress. My initial steps had to be worked out because I'm deriving how my BTs are going to look as an army and I want the look to be consistent for everything.

Anyway, I'm close to finishing my vow and am targeting completion within the next week.

Then on to #2.

Hang in there Lysere, we'll get there.

My only problem is fitting doors, hurricane bolters, and all the stuff i want to put on it on... Oh well I got over a month to do this and another vow probably.

Okay brothers the next section of my vow is done!! Babysteps right :yes:

Initiate Squad of 10 w/ML: gallery_66974_7235_1993280.jpg

That's it for today...maybe this weekend I can get my primed Grimaldus or Sword Brethern squad done

I have a quick question: is it permissible to vow a Caestus Assault Ram? Or is it not because its rules are still experimental? (I somehow feel that a similar question has been asked, but I can't find it anywhere).

CAR rules are no longer experimental.

I have a quick question: is it permissible to vow a Caestus Assault Ram? Or is it not because its rules are still experimental? (I somehow feel that a similar question has been asked, but I can't find it anywhere).

CAR rules are no longer experimental.

Good to know that. The rules which I've found in the .pdf in google still had an "experimental rules" stamp. Does the non-experimental vehicle still cost 235 points?

Okay brothers the next section of my vow is done!! Babysteps right ;)

Initiate Squad of 10 w/ML: gallery_66974_7235_1993280.jpg

That's it for today...maybe this weekend I can get my primed Grimaldus or Sword Brethern squad done

Have to say that is one badass looking squad. Especially love the bases. Are those pre made resin sculpts or did you do them yourself? Love the paintjob, they look very dusty and dirtied.

Correct me if I am wrong CS, but because the Caestus is not a part of our codex, it is not allowed as part of the ETL challenge. I think I've made up my mind that I'm going to get one before too long so it will be interesting to see how yours turns out.

@hart3856: I really like how your squad looks like it's right in the middle of a crusade. Well done!

Forgeworld: Forgeworld entries are legal provided it is clearly stated that the unit can be used in the chosen Codex in the 40k context. They worth the points as depicted in the relevant Forgeworld publication. The only exception here is Imperial Titans. For people that want to have a go with Imperial Titans they can legitimately do so if the vow is pledged for Adeptus Mechanicus. That’s the only non-Codex entries that are legal in this Challenge and the only vows that can be pledged on behalf of the Adeptus Mechanicus.

Quoted from Captain Semper on page 1. I'm pretty sure that means that if the FW rules state BT can use a Caestus Assault Ram, then it is legal.

Have to say that is one badass looking squad. Especially love the bases. Are those pre made resin sculpts or did you do them yourself? Love the paintjob, they look very dusty and dirtied.

I'm pretty sure the bases have been taken from the GW WH40K basing kit. And yes, it's an absolutely fantastic looking squad...

Archived