+++E Tenebrae Lux+++

I still haven't finished calculating the points... :( Been adding WYSIWIG, making sure I actually have the special weapons and so forth. Is there any advantage to making a super vow? That is to say would pledging the whole 5k+ immediately after I finish organising and calculating it provide any more points/something than say doing ten man squads at a time and making a new vow after every squad.

Is there some limit to vows? Can they only be made at certain times?

...things I should have checked before vowing such a pitiful amount...I will be crushed if I now cannot vow the rest for weeks or something =/

There is no limit. They can be made whenever you finish a previous vow

O, Emperor, in wrath rejoicing

at bloody wars; fierce

and untamed,

whose mighty power doth make

the strongest walls from their

foundations shake.

All-conquering Master of

Mankind,

Be pleased with this war's

tumultuous roar.

Delight in swords and fists red

with alien blood, and the dire

ruin of savage battle.

Rejoice in furious challenge, and

avenging strife, whose works with

woe embitter human life!

Accept Any Challenge, No Matter The Odds!!

NO PITY! NO REMORSE! NO FEAR!

5th Vow Completed

http://i.imgur.com/TRUqc.jpg

Gallery here

“I, Brother Darklight, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete A Predator Destructor w/ LasCannon sponsons from Codex: Black Templar of total value 125 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to The Black Templar and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

@ Castelan Alaric: I'm assuming you're declaring completion If so, please make it clear in your post so there will be no misunderstanding.

@ Brother Darklight: Congratulations! On to your sixth vow!!! Good luck mate!!!

I still haven't finished calculating the points... :) Been adding WYSIWIG, making sure I actually have the special weapons and so forth. Is there any advantage to making a super vow? That is to say would pledging the whole 5k+ immediately after I finish organising and calculating it provide any more points/something than say doing ten man squads at a time and making a new vow after every squad.

Is there some limit to vows? Can they only be made at certain times?

...things I should have checked before vowing such a pitiful amount...I will be crushed if I now cannot vow the rest for weeks or something =/

No limit to vows BUT you need to finish your previous one before you make a new one! Once you finish a vow you can, at any point until August 15th, to pledge another vow. Even in the same post that you declare your completion of the previous one.

Hope this is clear. If not feel free to PM me!

Capital. I shall crack on with those ten terminators now then, =/ can I add two special weapons to that vow? If I cannot I shall have to do some of the future ones in 5 man batches just to add those two models in >_< We templars are fortunate in that respect that we can still have two specials in a 5 man unit I suppose so, yeah, not a big problem if I can't edit it o.O

I have completed my third vow of a single land speeder typhoon w/ a multi melta 5 man terminator squad w/ 2x cyclone missile launchers and 5x chainfists and 5x crusader seals.

gallery_41305_6870_510374.jpg

gallery_41305_6870_93090.jpg

i know the speeder sucks, it is so beat up I just didn't really want to mess with it to much, just get a decent job of paint on there and go.

as for my next vow (the fourth for me) I will vow 3 models for a total of 481 points

first up is another master of sanctity, w/ a bolt pistol, and artificer armour. (131)

the second is a marshal, w/ termi armour, a master crafted thunder hammer and a storm shield. (165)

the third is a second marshal, w/ termi armour master crafted pair of lightning claws, an adamantine mantle, and melta bombs. (185)

trying for more of a strategic vow as of right now to maximize my points to painting time.

“I, Reinhard, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete A Swordbrethren Terminator Command Squad, armed with a Heavy Flamer and Chainfist from Codex: Black Templar of total value 175 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to The Black Templar and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

I trust this is legal even though command squads aren't able to be fielded without a HQ unit to lead them? Still waiting on bits for them to arrive so I can put them together, and would like to get started on these guys while I wait. Providing a before pic since i seem to recall that you should do this.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7087/7388624486_43b467981e.jpg

Vow Complete!

Before

http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af155/Nards08/2012-06-16154856.jpg

And after

http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af155/Nards08/2012-06-17231147.jpg

http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af155/Nards08/2012-06-17231209.jpg

“I, Nards08, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete a Land Raider with smoke launchers, hunter-killer missle, and searchlight from Codex: Black Templars of total value 269 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to The Black Templars and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

Excellent work there Nards, I'd like to see an army painted to this quality!!! Well done on the helmet conversion - not a big fan of Helbrechts head either! :D

Table updated with your completion and your second vow! Good luck!

Here's the start of my vow...

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh170/merc3065/IMG-20120615-00039.jpg

BB Camera is poop, so I will have a proper digital camera for individual shots later.

My FW Venerable Dread is sitting at my friend's place which I will be picking up this weekend to start work on it as well.

So it begins :)

@Nards08 What in the name of Holy Terra are you using for the outside of the cape?! That colour and level of shading... I must know!

It's actually quite simple. First is a layer of Dheneb Stone foundation paint. Next a solid wash of Gryphonne Sepia. Once dry I follow along the high edges above the recesses with the new Ushabti Bone layer paint. I blend it out to the whole large area of the cape. I try to leave the dark areas following the folds. I switched over to a large brush on the big area to keep the paint smooth. Its the easiest way I have found to paint tabards and capes so far.

I like the blue exhausts.

How did you paint the Crux?

Simple two layer dry brush. Light dry brush of Ushbati Bone, (Bleached bone if you still have old paints) followed by a bit heavier of a dry brush with White Scar. (or Skull White)

Really have to be gentle though and take your time. Otherwise it ends up lookin weird.

I, Deadman Wade, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete: Black Templar Terminator command squad with assault cannon of total value 180 pts, crusader squad with missile launcher and plasma gun of total value 96 pts, crusader squad with power fist and melta gun of total value 105 pts and a rhino of total value 65 pts, all from Codex: Black Templars, on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to Black Templars chapter and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

E TENEBRAE LUX – 5th WEEK UPDATE

So, after 5 complete weeks and with the teams for each forum fixed, E TENEBRAE LUX is entering its second phase – that of the build up of critical mass of completions. This is actually the most important part since it’ll require a lot of commitment as the initial enthusiasm wanes and the finish line is still way into the future. People might feel they have plenty of time yet, but this is an illusion! If people become complacent and lose their momentum now, it’ll be very difficult to regain it when the deadline is imminent – it’ll be just too scary. In my view E TENEBRAE LUX will be won or lost between June 15th and July 15th so get those completions done and renew vows early – because last minute renewals also carry a disproportionate amount of risk in them.

On more practical level, there is not much change since the June 15th extraordinary update. Overall the teams have had some completions and some renewals but the basic picture remains largely unchanged.

E TENEBRAE LUX – 5TH WEEK UPDATE
Black Templars 68 30,961 455 4,757 15%
Blood Angels 51 26,977 529 3,190 12%
Dark Angels 69 36,092 523 755 2%
Codex Space Marines 49 30,309 619 220 1%
Space Wolves 40 26,919 673 3,078 11%
Chaos 40 14,104 353 3,446 24%
Ordos Inquisition 18 5,341 297 2,198 41%
Total 335 170,703 510 17,664 10%
Index Astartes 24 13,267 553 85 1%
Liber Astartes 14 9,663 690 135 1%
Ultramarines 11 7,379 671 0 0%

Comments:

The Dark Angels are comfortably positioned for the next month’s effort. However currently they are significantly lagging in terms of completions with a completion rate with only 2% vs. an average of 10% of the entire event. Just to make a point here, if the DAs had a completion rate in line with the current average of the ETL then they would be at ca 3,600 completed points and in second overall position. That would be achieved by only being average. In fact they would lose only to the BTs that have a much higher-than-average completion rate (15%). As it stands now though they are the second worse in the competition, with only 755 completed points. Unless the engines start soon, the 1st Legion is in for some serious embarrassment!

The Wolves appear to be calmly in control. With completion rate of 11% (very close to the average) they do not seem overextended and with an absolute number of completed points of above 3,000 they appear to be following the developments from a close distance – a distance that they can easily cover if it appears to widen. Their only real problem is structural, i.e. the relatively small amount of participants. However at this stage of the competition it does not show… yet!

Blood Angels are a force to be reckoned with. With completion rate of 12% and with almost 3,200 total completed points, they are currently in similar position with the Wolves (i.e. comfortably close to the leader without any particular worries) but without the Wolves’ structural issues as they posses significant numbers that give them much higher staying power… However if they want to make it for the top they’ll need to improve completion rate further and start on second and subsequent vows fast. And yes, the BAs can easily do that.

Black Templars, still crazy after all these years... After a fantastic show of commitment in the closing stage of the recruitment period, they carry on with completions and new vows that lower their completion rate. As a result their completion rate is “only” 15% (which is still 50% higher than the average) translates to almost 4,800 completed points and are currently at the top of the competition. They have huge momentum and sky-high morale! However the risk of an early burnout is very much a consideration. It’s still early on guys, if you overextend yourselves you might not have the drive in the final stages where competition will undoubtedly peak!

Codex Forums have been quiet for some time now. The vows are in but where are the completions? Really, where are they? They have a good mix of high-value/low-value vows so by now they should have some completions under their belt. With the completion rate of just 1% (even lower than the DAs and the lowest overall) they only have a meager 220 completed points. This is in many respects a similar situation as the DAs since the Codex Forums are the third in terms of pledged points and above the 30k mark. But guys, the winner will be the one with the most completed vows. So get down to it – or the competition will leave you behind very soon. Don’t forget, number of participants make a difference only if you follow the competition closely. If you’re left behind and other forums have made tons of second or third vows, your relative advantage would be wasted!

Chaos has come together very nicely so far. Their completion rate is the second highest at 24% however it only translates to some 3,400 completed points underlying the low value of the average vow. If their average vow was at par with the average of the ETL (510pts/vow) then with this completion rate they’d be leaders, marginally ahead of the Black Templars with 40% less pledged vows! To be fair a new mega-vow of ca 2,000pts is to be submitted soon (some tweaks remain) and this will both raise the average value and lower the completion rate somewhat. So let’s see… Chaos (as always) is interesting!

Ordos Inquisition are the heroes of the ETL: Completion rate 41% the highest in the competition while 40% of them (i.e. ALL those that have reported completions) have made a second vow. The first vow completion rate is 53% (!) So guys, can you do 100% completion rate for the first vow at least?

So until the next weekly update, farewell and good luck to all!

Archived