+++E Tenebrae Lux+++

Go right ahead Roesor - the Codex is what makes you BT - not the color... If you use the BT codex to choose the unit, the equipment and the point cost then you're vowing for the BTs! Paint them what you like! ;)

Edit: typos

Already posted this in the other thread concerning this but I suppose here is the correct place. If I didn't in fact ask when I first saw it and forgot.

I have finished my Templars.

However, I do have a Templaresque DIY chapter who are seeded from Rogal Dorn, and who make no secret of their firm allegiance. May I be permitted to add what I do for them to the Black Templars roster?

As the Shields of Sigismund, their entire purpose is to aid his Sons and the Sons of Rogal Dorn.

I think it's been answered in the other thread, but I'll answer it here for everyone else's sake:

Yes. They are completely valid.

The only requirement is that it must be a legal Codex: Black Templar unit. Meaning you could field it in a game of 40k. Does it have to look like a Black Templar colour scheme? No. Does it have to look 'templaresque'? No. As long as you can say "this is such-n-such unit from the Black Templar Codex" then it's completely legal for this painting challenge.

Only aesthetic rule is that, for example, if you claim the unit to have Meltabombs, then the models need to have Meltabombs (or at least a component that represents meltabombs) incorporated in some way.

Brother Darklight, I think I leave this thread to you to run! ;)

Seriously though - you are doing an awesome job! you guys have added 15 vows since Tuesday the biggest addition compared to any forum (even DAs) have done in a week! And still more than 24 hours before the deadline! Well done!

Updating my vow

Hello,

i answer for the challenge from the unforgiven,and pledge to paint:

Marshal (161)

- LC

- SS

- Artificer armor

- Frag grenades

Castellan (120)

- PW

- PP

- Iron Halo

7 initiates (140)

- Pf

- Flamer

- Frags

Dreadnought (145)

- Lascannon

- Missile Launcher

Grand total: 546 points

Will paint them on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to The Templar Order and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end

P.S1 might go for venerable dread,but not sure as my paintings skills arent impressive,so i pref to stick to standart dreadnought.

P.S2 might include some neo and another squad,but depends on time issues.

Marshal (161)

- LC

- SS

- Artificer armor

- Frag grenades

- termi honors

- melta bombs

Castellan (150)

- master-crafted PW

- PP

- Iron Halo

- termi honours

- orb of antioch

7 initiates (154)

- Pf

- Flamer

- Frags

- crusader seals

Dreadnought (145)

- Lascannon

- Missile Launcher

Grand total: 610 points

P.S. got ideas for melta-bombs and mastecrafted version of sword on the way home, also checked mistakes in point estimates for marshal,sorry

I've completed my first vow for E Tenebrae Lux and am providing proof of my deed below:

Group shot:

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5442/7187004367_7b7c4692aa_b.jpg

Individual units:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7213/7186976973_c55e119105_c.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7237/7372206568_8946965c1f_c.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7221/7274155392_be787465c4_c.jpg

Second vow currently being planned.

Reinhard

That's fantastic Reinhard!!! Never seen your work before and I have to tell you - it's very inspiring!!! Congratulations on completing your first vow - table updated!

Those termies, man...

I Brother Cristopher answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete 2 Rhino transports and one Razorback transport from Codex: Black Templars of total value 204 pts on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Templars and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end

2x Rhino with smoke launchers

1x Razorback with smoke launchers, pintle mounted storm bolter and hunter killer missile

Unfortunately, I don't have my codex where I am and the point values are taken from memory. Can anyone please verify this?

And I have one more question: can I add PoTMS or Extra Armour (on standard models) to my transports? I'm guessing I can't, because there is no physical representation them in WYSWIG. However Land Raiders are imbued with it and the only representations are some machine god symbols.

I Brother Cristopher answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete 2 Rhino transports and one Razorback transport from Codex: Black Templars of total value 204 pts on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Templars and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end

2x Rhino with smoke launchers

1x Razorback with smoke launchers, pintle mounted storm bolter and hunter killer missile

Unfortunately, I don't have my codex where I am and the point values are taken from memory. Can anyone please verify this?

And I have one more question: can I add PoTMS or Extra Armour (on standard models) to my transports? I'm guessing I can't, because there is no physical representation them in WYSWIG. However Land Raiders are imbued with it and the only representations are some machine god symbols.

I just checked and the total is right, good memory Brother Cristopher!

You can only claim points from WYSIWYG upgrades, so unless you actually put extra stuff on the vehicles, extra-armor is difficult to claim. PotMS might work if you were to draw mechanicus symbols on the tanks, a templar cross over a mechanicus cog or something, to represent the revered status. Captain Semper should draw the line on this one, I guess. I'd give it to you, but I'm a little biased ;)

I Roesor answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete a ten man squad of terminators from Codex: Black Templars of total value 400 on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Shields of Sigismund and their Templar brethren and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

I will edit this tomorrow to include the actual about of units and points, I am in effect simply putting this here to register formally, I am yet to tally the points. Although I did a rough calculation...it's in excess of 5000 o.O

I Brother Uriel Sanguis answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete One Master of Sanctity (With a Master-crafted Powerfist, Terminator Honours, Jump-pack, and Holy Orb of Antioch), 5-man Squad of Assault Initiates (One PF, Two Plasma Pistols), and three Biker Initiates (One PW, Two Meltas) from Codex: Black Templars of total value 454 pts on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Templars and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

If this price range is wrong, please give me pointers on correcting it, thank you very much ^ -^

is how Reinhard's work makes me feel.

Haha! This forum is full of beautiful.. inspiration indeed. At least we can ask the painters how they manage it too ;)

I will edit this tomorrow to include the actual about of units and points, I am in effect simply putting this here to register formally, I am yet to tally the points. Although I did a rough calculation...it's in excess of 5000 o.O

WOW Brother! That sounds like a hefty vow! If you pledge all that, you will probably redefine the meaning of "Super-vow" and teach the pups what ambition is. It may be better to pledge small amounts first and add more as you complete some?

I Brother Uriel Sanguis answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete One Master of Sanctity (With a Master-crafted Powerfist, Terminator Honours, Jump-pack, and Holy Orb of Antioch), 5-man Squad of Assault Initiates (One PF, Two Plasma Pistols), and three Biker Initiates (One PW, Two Meltas) from Codex: Black Templars of total value 454 pts on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Templars and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

If this price range is wrong, please give me pointers on correcting it, thank you very much ^ -^

I get 195 points for the Master of Sanctity, 135 for the assault squad and 126 for the bikers, for a total of 456 points. Check your totals and send me a PM if it still doesn't match :(

I would like to amend my vow by adding:

1x marshal with PW and master-crafted bolt pistol - 110

1x master of sanctity with plasma pistol - 125

Here's the WIP shots

just using a sword brethren model for the marshal since I have a full squad already

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/marine555/Black%20Templars/Picture1resized.jpg

I started painting the LRC already, hope it's not a problem

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/marine555/Black%20Templars/Picture2resized.jpg

nothing special for the chaplain

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/marine555/Black%20Templars/Picture3resized.jpg

Hopefully I'll get a better camera when I've finished painting.

Hey Brother Chris welcome to the ETL. Regarding your question you can onlyclaim points for things that can be physically represented on the mini. Which means PotMS won't give you any unless you are super creative. ;) Also extra armour has to be represented somehow. If you do not have upgrade panels think twice. :) Good luck!

If you have such a large stash, I'd say keep a lot of it in reserve. You will be the person your brothers will turn when they run out of tricks. Do not waste ammo so early in the Challenge. However this is only my opinion, feel free to do whatever you like! Good luck ;)

My Catelipsean node is giving way... you work it out tomorrow - I'm updating the table with your vow as is for now. Good luck!

I would like to amend my vow by adding:

1x marshal with PW and master-crafted bolt pistol - 110

1x master of sanctity with plasma pistol - 125

Updated your vow to 500pts. Check it out, let me know if everything is OK.

“I watanabe2k answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete:

10 initiate squad (with plasma)

10 Initiate Squad (with flamer)

Venerable Dreadnaught

Terminator Chaplin (Master of Sanctity)

Jump pack Chaplin (Master of Sanctity)

High Marshal Helbrech

from Codex: Black Templars of total value 883pts on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Templars and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

ONLY 24 HOURS TO GO FOR NEW ENTRANTS TO JOIN E TENEBRAE LUX!

The current situation in terms of participants:

Black Templars 50
Blood Angels 46
Dark Angels 60
Codex: Space Marines 45
Space Wolves 32
Chaos 35
Ordos Inquisition 12
Total 279

So make haste – this time tomorrow the doors close to new entrants forever! Set your B&C clock to GMT time, this is what I’m going by. Good luck to all!

Brothers we overtook everyone but the Dark Angels! Of that bunch, half are traitors any ways, so we're well ahead of them too! :P

We are now in very good standing for the challenge. Any Templar who hasn't vowed yet should, or they will miss this opportunity to show all Astartes who really are the best!

Accept any challenge, no matter the odds brothers! And the odds on this one are very good for us!

Archived