Some progress on Miss Charlottes sides. Basicly laying in shadows and such. LOTS of detailing to be done. Still working out exactly how I'm going to do all that.

charlottesides01.jpg

A little progress on the Warpsmith as well, starting to progress through the washes and seperate the fleshy from the not-fleshy bits....

warsmith10.jpg

warsmith11.jpg

The carapace is just the base color at the moment, but since you like the sheen it gives me an idea.  Alot of those faces came about at 3-4am, so some are pleasant suprises , some intentional.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In an attempt to consolidate my threads, now that I can post Xenos and such, I'm officially folding my Traitor Guard Army into this thread.  If you aren't familiar, here's a link to the old thread....

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/298648-the-sons-of-dooooom-nurgly-traitor-guard/

...but all new posts will be here. Like this update...

Before my Dark Imperium box arrived I was working on the rank and file of the Sons of DOOooom.  Lots of aftermarket stuff from England, Australia and Poland, trying to make the lads look a bit different.  Nice part is, I can use most of them as cultists in the CSM list too.  But I'm SO in love with the autoguns/lasguns from Victoria Miniatures that I ordered 50 more .

guard001.jpg

I got a bunch of them primed today, so hopefully a bit more progress before the August Arena challenges begin.

Cheers Ya'll!

Edited by rednekkboss

God choice merging your threads. :tu: 

Those cultists are looking quite spiffy! Are the bodies recast FW or from a third party? They look pretty sweet! I always wanted to start a penal squad from Victoria Minis, but they're pretty expensive... 

In any case, I'm looking forward to these finished!

God choice merging your threads. :thumbsup: 

Those cultists are looking quite spiffy! Are the bodies recast FW or from a third party? They look pretty sweet! I always wanted to start a penal squad from Victoria Minis, but they're pretty expensive... 

In any case, I'm looking forward to these finished!

They are Forgeworld, just older ones. I think I got them as a Christmas present (as in "go order yourself something for Christmas") soon after they first came out.  There's some gaps that needed filling and the gear around the waist hides some fit problems. I've got some primed and they look good. So I can use them as guardsmen, cultists or even genestealer brood brothers. The Victoria miniatures stuff is first rate.  Prices are good and I actually got them quicker, from halfway across the world , than I did some of the stuff I ordered from Poland. Highly recommended.  Same goes for Anvil Industries.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, the August Arena Challenge mini will be a nasty plaguecaster. I was going to go with a jump pack sorceror (which may still happen), but found after my first skirmish with the new rules that the plaguecaster was definitely something I like (even though I lost the game... barely.... I hate Tyranids)  So here is the mock up with parts from the fantasy range so far, but I'll be adding more 40k as I go along.

plaguecaster01.jpg

plaguecaster02.jpg

The plan is to do some preliminary sculpting/green stuff work, then add the 40k bits, a pistol, etc.  I still haven't settled on a head, but that'll depend on the feel the model starts to get as the sculpting takes place. To stay on track, I figure I have 7 days maximum to finish the build before I start painting to get him done by the end of July.

Edited by rednekkboss

Its two different bitz from the Maggoth Lord fantasy kit.  The main part is a banner pole, the other part(with the flies) of a scythe Also got the pointing arm from there. The rest comes from the putrid blightkings kit. Lots of gaps and holes to be filled then sculpting to make it all look like it belongs together in the 40 k universe. Regrettably, the "honey-do" list keeps getting in the way. My wife is a teacher and I'm ready for her to go back to school already. ;)

Turned out it was the only one that would fit in between the shoulder plates. :)  I'm going to chip a couple parts of it away to make it look like the organic parts have started to fuse it to the plaguecaster.... and it'll likely be the source of a few tentacles.  Still haven't quite figured out how to put in a bolt pistol yet, but its likely to be holstered on the left side.

Plaguecaster build is done and ready for priming.  Things are looking good for a finish by the end of July.

plaguecaster06.jpg

Followers of Nurgle don't worry about things like..... pants....

plaguecaster05.jpg

And for the "Hey! Lookey wot I found!" File..... Micheal's Craft Store in the bead and jewelry department has some useful stuff. I found some round  half beads (which is harder than you might thing... many are slightly oblong or you'd have to buy 3000 to get several sizes.) in varied sizes for eyeballs. PLUS, this cool thing of 96 different gear like things for all sorts of applications.

micheals01.jpg

Always keep your eyes open, you never know what you might find.  Cheers Ya'll!