your dark vengeance minis

Brother Nathan

over all for assembling my hellbrute was the most annoying to work... i don't know why it was but literally all the pegs inside of its body were out of alignment i had to cut just about all of em out to put him together even then it didn't fully line up everywhere @.@ was really annoying but hey at least his done!... hmm wait... on the matter of being done.. *runs off to get photos*

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN2668.jpg?t=1353056893

Damn, that looks fantastic. How tricky a conversion is that?

Fairly straight forward. I cut the boltgun off, being careful not to break the chain. I then added the Plasma gun. I had to shave down the other side of the gun a little bit so that it would fit tightly against the chest. The left hand was cut from a regular CSM arm.

sorry friends for the delay in the post ended up getting the photos then passing out last night was extremely tired after a long day. anywho! onto da posts. as I have said here is my Hellbrute with Heavy Bolter and Heavy flamer on the power fist. here ya go hope ya like, and i just like to state this is my first time trying to use greenstuff for connecting the heavy bolters to the gun arm so i hope i did well *bows*

Front:

gallery_14366_7738_382687.jpg

Power fist (top of)

gallery_14366_7738_642554.jpg

Heavy bolters:

gallery_14366_7738_735447.jpg

Rear(yay glowy powerplant.. kinda)

gallery_14366_7738_176932.jpg

enjoy fellows and see that i'm still working on those chaos DV minis!

@the colossus: um kinda but still glad you like em. is my painting giving you an idea or something? *is curious*

@The Octagon: thank you the scales are definitely interesting to do they are easy and difficult to get right depending on how many and such but hey i got em B)

I had to shave down the other side of the gun a little bit so that it would fit tightly against the chest.

That's partly what I was wondering bout, I was toying with the idea of a similar weapon swap and figured getting it to fit against the torso might be awkward. Nice to see it can be done though.

@the octagon: *chuckles and smiles* hey man ya don't need to worry, :lol: I'm glad to help *nods* how i did it is pretty much close to what you said, i started with the same basecoat as the rest of the model of necron abyss, then painted a couple of layers of slightly watered down snot green to get the flush coverage over the plates without to much streaking in the paint, then i painted on Dark Angels green to make the criss/cross as you put it starting in one direction and only doing the opposite after i finished. and then lastly doing a little watering done i pulled out scorpian green and did the chevrons being careful to not cover the dark angels green and like with the criss/cross doing them one side first then the other.

hope this helps man *thumbs up*

cheers.

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/1756/20121121110752.jpg

DV got me back into the hobby after a fairly long absence, and I snagged a second set of Chaos figures from a friend. Sadly, the the latter was damaged in a few places, like the Chosen Champ's Maul. Now he's en route to becoming an unmarked or Slaaneshi Sorcerer, once I get some putty on him...

Has anyone else noticed that the DV Chosen have very small heads and backpacks compared to the standard plastics? I had to use a Marauder head here to keep the same kind of proportions as the original...

@ kizzdougs- nice and simple- I like it.

I already have 3 sets of DV CHosen and am after more. Initially I thought I was going to be stuck using them as they come in the DV box set. But seeing the conversions in this thread makes me realise I can do more.

With loads of old CSM sprues I have many spare Plasmaguns and a couple of Meltaguns. And with a couple of new Warp Talon/Raptor boxes I have more options with Lightning Claws but especially the chainswords- they are almost too nice to put on normal CSM but should be great with the ornate Chosen.

Cheers

James

I'd really need some additional DV Chosen (seeing as there really aren't other Chosen) to convert for shooty purposes, since I do want to keep these first ones as they are for CC purposes. Gotta ask around at the LGS if someone doesn't need theirs I guess, as I haven't seen anyone actually use Chosen so far, aside from me.

I'm cheap, here's my conversions of some traitors! Painting in progress!

First, who knew that the golden boys of the imperium where harboring disease and pestilence under those magnificent golden suits of armor.

http://i1033.photobucket.com/albums/a412/Bromskad/PlagueMarines1.jpg

and of course Typhus.

http://i1033.photobucket.com/albums/a412/Bromskad/Typhus1.jpg

hey everyone here giving you the preview of my latest project from the DV box set, you asked for it.. (well not all but a few XD) so i gave it to you! Imposter Dark Angel Tactical Marines, those tricksy ALpha Legionnaires have now taken out and begun to replace a tactical squad on the lines can you spot what on this model is wrong compared to actual Dark Angels.

Imposter:

gallery_14366_7738_538496.jpg

I'll tell you one thing, there is a star of chaos on the underside of the purity seal, ya can't see it but there are 2 things that are visiable that should give away something is off by this 'son of the emperor' want to see how many of ya catch it :)

Cheers,

Da Kits.

P.s. I'm hosting a tally in my hall of honour post and so i feel as i'm not getting much in votes i'll ask you guys as well. please respond by sending me a note! a private message... well unless you want to put it up in channel, anyway the tally vote is that I don't know how i want to paint up my chaos lord from the DV box set. as such I'm leaving it up to all of you guys! *points at you all* so pass me a vote for any of the original 9 legions or even one for the red corsairs, why not the force is undivided ya never know who will be in command for a bit. if you care to see what my tally is at, and hell any of my works so far that includes non DV models cheek out my HoH post here:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...261410&st=0

is the dark angel missing the proper icons glorifying the emperor from hs chest and bolter well done also the tactical arrow aint wwhite... haha

also i like the choosen coversions going to steal...

Archived