your dark vengeance minis

Brother Nathan

IP- Great job with the lord, he looks really intimidating with that excellant paint job!

I love the skellie on his base too.

Brother nathan- Are you able to take some pics of your Iron Warriors? I'm sure everyone else would love to see them too.

Nearly finished 2 more chosen and started on a test model for my cultists:

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s301/mikeymouatt/th_Photo0966.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s301/mikeymouatt/th_Photo0965.jpg

Hope to start on the Hellbrute soon and after seeing all these brilliant different chaos lords i'm tempted to try and fix mine and slap so paint on him.

Cheers,

Mike.

i am painting them up as Night Lords (will post a pic of one of my chosen later, almost done ^_^) but i wanted to start on the lord soon. But i cant think of a colour for the cloak to go with it.

Does anybody have an idea for the colour of clothing/cloaks for Night Lords? Red, skin coloured or something else?

i am painting them up as Night Lords (will post a pic of one of my chosen later, almost done :lol:) but i wanted to start on the lord soon. But i cant think of a colour for the cloak to go with it.

Does anybody have an idea for the colour of clothing/cloaks for Night Lords? Red, skin coloured or something else?

I'd suggest a red cloak like on Danny Cyanide's Alpha Legion. Red is the secondary colour of the NL scheme so its a perfect fit.

i am painting them up as Night Lords (will post a pic of one of my chosen later, almost done :D) but i wanted to start on the lord soon. But i cant think of a colour for the cloak to go with it.

A darkish Grey might complement him well?

But a dark flesh/tanned leather cape sounds super badass :lol:

When I get my starter set, I'm going to try to paint lord and chosen into Night Lords, but don't know if models fit for that (like tentackes reloading bolters and such). What do you guys think? Also, I heard WHFB Vampire Counts have models with bits, that can be used for NL, any tips on which box would have these?

Night Lords can be just as corrupt as any other Chaos Warband. IIRC Kreig Acerbus leads the largest Night Lords force, and he's a Daemon Prince. You can imagine his followers have therefore embraced Chaos to the full. (Though this may have been retconned, I haven't heard about it.)

When I get my starter set, I'm going to try to paint lord and chosen into Night Lords, but don't know if models fit for that (like tentackes reloading bolters and such). What do you guys think? Also, I heard WHFB Vampire Counts have models with bits, that can be used for NL, any tips on which box would have these?

That would be the Grave Guard box you're after. Personally I wouldn't worry about the tenticles etc. NLs are CSMs after all :(

After my question earlier, i wanted to post my own DV miniature

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l579/UltraWaarom/Night%20Lords/DSC03910.jpg

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l579/UltraWaarom/Night%20Lords/DSC03912.jpg

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l579/UltraWaarom/Night%20Lords/DSC03913.jpg

I feel weird quoting my self, but I have an issue with these two guys. I'm not quite sure what colour to do the cloaks on Arkos and the Apostle... I'd like to stay away from green if possible, as I think it'd overpower the highlights. I'm open to any suggestions and if anyone has painted pics of Alphas in cloaks of various colours, I'd love to see them.

Some light brown color or "skin" maybe? It's neutral enough not to clash with your very interesting blue/green shades and you move away from the "standard" red which clashes with your sceme imo... Not to mention the skin connotations... :)

After my question earlier, i wanted to post my own DV miniature

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l579/UltraWaarom/Night%20Lords/DSC03912.jpg

Very nicely done, particularly the flesh tones. The middle of the backpack looks almost like a brain. Creepy and wonderful!

Hellrender, what base/wash/highlight do you use for those flesh tones? They are great.

i start with scorched brown for the big surfaces, like the ''brain'', face and loincloth. Then Bugmans glow. Washed with Leviathan Purple (not sure how it would work with the new purple shade, but shades tend to sink deeper, and do not discolour the base colour as much). Then Cadian fleshtone (i think its called), with elf flesh highlight where i found it appropiate (i am not good in edge highlighting, so i tend to skip it a lot). Then go back with small brush and leviathan purple, and put some small patches of it where i found that it could use some more (mainly on the shoulder pad though)

thanks for the comments all. Its good to hear something like this -_-

Looks good Hellrender.

Danny, why not do blue with green highlights for the cape? Blend it together, or do you think that would take away from your highlights on the armor? If it does then maybe black? I think black would work better than the red you currently have.

I did avoid blue/green because I thought it would detract from the effect on the armour. I'll consider black, but for now I think they might be done. Perhaps I'll use the colours to differentiate different squads in my AL force... Red cloth squad, black cloth squad, blue/green cloth squad etc... We will see if the new Chosen minis that are rumoured to be coming out soon have a bunch of cloth tabards and capes as well...

Hellrender, what base/wash/highlight do you use for those flesh tones? They are great.

i start with scorched brown for the big surfaces, like the ''brain'', face and loincloth. Then Bugmans glow. Washed with Leviathan Purple (not sure how it would work with the new purple shade, but shades tend to sink deeper, and do not discolour the base colour as much). Then Cadian fleshtone (i think its called), with elf flesh highlight where i found it appropiate (i am not good in edge highlighting, so i tend to skip it a lot). Then go back with small brush and leviathan purple, and put some small patches of it where i found that it could use some more (mainly on the shoulder pad though)

thanks for the comments all. Its good to hear something like this :P

Thanks for the info, I ended up picking up Dwarf flesh, elvan flesh, and Leviathan Purple wash. I couldnt find a Cadian fleshtone but dwarf flesh looked mighty similar to what you used.

Archived