Elmo's seemingly constant WIP

elmo

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately I will not be joining The Rock in this years ETL as I have committed to do some Xenos (for the Greater Good :) ) to help clear down the backlog from my first 40K army...

but fear not Brothers - I am already planning to come back with another company and some additions to the Armoury later in the year.

I have a large quantity of MKIII armour to paint up and 2 Landraiders and 2 Rhinos from the Talons of the Emperor set but I spotted something on my FB feed which I just had to try out.

Kromlech has a conversion bundle for turning a Rhino into a Predator and as I am a little short on Preds I thought I would give it a try and bought an AC and LC upgrade - so late summer I will be starting them and I will keep The Rock informed of the progress ;)

gallery_62353_11005_62934.jpg

Oh no the first are betrayed.

Fist Bryan Blaire pledged his ETL loyalties to pointy eared zeros and now Elmo the painting servitor pledges to the fish men.

Oh waily waily waily......

Well, we lost boys. Elmo contributes 50% of our points.

:woot:

Not true... you sell yourselves short Brothers. I have every faith that the Sons of the Lion will prevail this time.

Last time I may have painted a Company but points wise it was not a large contribution to the cause.

looks like you may get some RW.... sort of from me   :wink:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/346733-chaos-space-marines-outpost/page-2?do=findComment&comment=5070240

As an additional motivation/punishment for failing the chaos gods the last time I participated in the ETL:
I, TheDevourer, vow to purchase and paint a unit of Dark Angels (Elmo's choice) should i fail to complete my vows this ETL.

In addition, I solemnly swear that I will refrain from making any chaos references about the Dark Angels chapter around

Elmo's person in the future.

Apparently I will be painting up a ravenwing force of 6 bikes, an attack bike and a land speeder should I fail this vow!

Edited by elmo

My order arrived from Kromlech for the alternative Predator turrets and sponsons.
Great quality and a fast delivery. The assembly was quick and easy as they are mainly large blocks of resin with some small bits to glue on.
Size wise - the turret is slightly larger than the GW one which is not a bad thing. The cupola recess will take the standard GW fit but comes with a closed hatch if you don't have any spare ones.
The sponsons fit directly into the gaps on the hull after the doors are removed which is great as I magnetise them anyway ;)
I have not tried the extra side armour yet as I will have to chop off the top of the exhaust stacks to make it fit.
gallery_62353_11005_27624.jpg
gallery_62353_11005_145615.jpg
gallery_62353_11005_2429.jpg
gallery_62353_11005_113307.jpg

The fun will begin after the ETL :)

Looking fwd to seeing your Tau vow come along.  Am I allowed to say that in the Da forum? :unsure.:

A user avatar of a Space Wolf, Faction Wordbearer, on the DA forum talking about T'au.....

Are you sure you are not Alpha legion :P

Looking fwd to seeing your Tau vow come along. Am I allowed to say that in the Da forum? :unsure.:

A user avatar of a Space Wolf, Faction Wordbearer, on the DA forum talking about T'au.....

Are you sure you are not Alpha legion :P

Boooooo boooooo traitor, booooo I say boooooooooooo

Shush... don't want the Chaplains knocking on my door....

No filthy xenos here Brother Chaplain... nothing to see. ;)

Well, sad to see you not on the side of the light this time around Elmo.... but we look at the big picture. Be rested while dabbling with the Xenos and come back re-imbued with righteous fury for the ETL VII which shall coincide with the 20 Year Celebrations of the B+C in 2019!!

The Dark Angels are definitely winning that one.... 2018 is just a dry run....

besides we need target practice so your tau oaths will come in very handy... :whistling:

The Kromlech turret looks really great  ... with a lot more muscle to it..

SG

Well, sad to see you not on the side of the light this time around Elmo.... but we look at the big picture. Be rested while dabbling with the Xenos and come back re-imbued with righteous fury for the ETL VII which shall coincide with the 20 Year Celebrations of the B+C in 2019!!

Sounds like a plan... I will keep the diary free and the large points DA models in the painting queue ;)

He might be a traitor but at least he’s not a slacker

:P

A Xenos sympathising traitor to be sure but no one can ever accuse Elmo of slacking.

I will enjoy your work whatever forum it’s posted in.