Imperial Fist Expansion II

Dosjetka

Well after the LPC, Black Templar Exp, and the ETL I was quite burnt out on painting. I have taken a break and am ready to give my boys in yellow some more attention. So that being said...

I, Nards08, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least 1 Stormtalon Gunship on or before the 29th of December, 2012. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms. Ave Imperator!

I, Eliath, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least 2 tactical squads, 5 scouts, and a Terminator Librarian, on or before the 29th of December, 2012. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms. Ave Imperator!

I, Brother Mord, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present a Drop pod and a Combat Squad of Devistators (5 man squad) on or before the 29th of December, 2012. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms. Ave Imperator!

Just a thought, but in the last expansion we all posted links to our WIP threads. I think it would be a good idea to do that again, as then we can see how everyone is going with their vow and give encouragement as we proceed along.

I'm placing all my vow shots here in my Heresy era Thread in the WIP forum.

Maybe Ludovic could update the first page next to the vows so we can gain easy access to the links? Please? :devil:

Looks like the perfect excuse to start working on my Heresy Era Imperial Fists army. :tu: It's a little ahead of schedule for me, but I'm sure I'll figure something out. Until then, I'll start with a 5 Man Squad, to be expanded upon later.

I, Mystech1, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least half a Tactical Squad on or before the 29th of December, 2012. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms. Ave Imperator!

I, Brother Kataklysm,vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least one badass tactical marine on or before the 29th of December, 2012. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms. Ave Imperator!

First post update with vows and available progress threads :P

Rhetoricus:

How to include a link into your B&C signature: Step 1

Select the URL address in the URL bar at the top of your Internet browser as shown below. Copy it either by right-clicking on your mouse and choosing "Copy" or by holding down CRTL + C on your keyboard.

gallery_45765_7779_109446.png

Step 2

Click on the "My Controls" option in the top right corner of the B&C page.

gallery_45765_7779_56625.png

Step 3

Click the "Edit My Signature" option in the bottom left of the Control Panel page.

gallery_45765_7779_2062.png

Step 4

Click the button shown by the arrow in the picture below to add a link.

gallery_45765_7779_2324.png

Step 5

Paste the copied URL address into the box of the pop-up window. You can do this either by right-clicking with your mouse in the box and selecting "Paste" or by holding down CRTL + V on your keyboard. When you have done that, click the "OK" button.

gallery_45765_7779_6272.png

Step 6

Then, enter the name of the link that people will see in your signature. When you have done that, click the "OK" button.

gallery_45765_7779_98688.png

Step 7

A string of code will appear in the white box where the signature can be edited. To confirm that you want to include the link into your signature, click on the "Update my Signature" button.

gallery_45765_7779_64366.png

Step 8

Your new signature will now appear in the area shown by the arrow in the picture below.

gallery_45765_7779_50479.png

Ludovic I could lick you. Thanks mucka. Expect pictures of all my TDA later today. I'll get em up before I prime them. Then I'm diving straight in. Gonna build a wet pallette today as well I think. Oh my I'm getting a little giddy. For me the expansion begins today.

For Terra.

Note that an alternative to entering the URL for the expansion discussion is to link to the first post.

So the URL for the discussion is http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...261571&st=0 while the first post is post # 3182977.

Linking to the URL would look like:

[url=http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?showtopic=261571&st=0]Image/text that appears as the link[/url]

Whereas linking to the first post would look like:

[post=3182977]Image/text that appears as the link[/post]

The difference from a usability standpoint is that using the URL method, clicking on the link will open the targeted site in a new tab/window (depending upon your browser) while using the post method simply moves to the targeted site in the current tab/window. You can see examples of this below:

URL

From a browser perspective, using the URL method uses more data space, creating a longer period of time for your browser to open the page. Admittedly, the additional time is negligible as the increased data space is really miniscule. Meanwhile, using the post method creates additional navigation time when you use complex linking within a discussion as the navigator will first open at the top of the page and will then move down to the targeted post. This is most noticeable in complex linking constructs such as the Tabula Astartes, Tabula Sororitas, and Legio Lexicon.

From an editing standpoint, the post method creates less data in your posts, making it easier to pinpoint what you might be trying to edit. Again, this is more noticeable in frequently edited discussions such as those I listed above - it probably won't matter when you're just providing links in replies.

Just something to consider. :D

I, BattlebrotherJohn, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least one Captain and one " count as " Veteran Sergeant Haas on or before the 29th December 2012.

I promise to provide at least two WIP updates , preferably with pictures , in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator !

That's really quite handy Brother Tyler and I didn't know that could be done. The amount of times I referenced threads and told the person the post number, this method looks a lot easier. Cheers!

Plus another Fist for the cause! Looking like this is going to be a good expansion!

Depending on the success of this one, I'm sure there may very well be one in the future. Though since this one goes to the end of the year, then its the LPC. If there is another one it won't be until after the LPC next year at the earliest. Shame you can't join in, but I'm sure you will have an opportunity to do so in the future.

Depending on the success of this one, I'm sure there may very well be one in the future. Though since this one goes to the end of the year, then its the LPC. If there is another one it won't be until after the LPC next year at the earliest. Shame you can't join in, but I'm sure you will have an opportunity to do so in the future.

Thanks and yeah I will join in next time, just at this moment in time I've still got my Crimson fists I'm building up, and adding an allied detachment of (dare I say) Flesh tearers, as well my local games store doing a tale of four gamers with the new HH book and I've been elected as the WE player lol. I want to do a crusade force comprising of my Crimsin fists, Imperial fists and Black Templars so next year should be plenty if time to get all hat I need out the way to do that.

Again good luck to everyone and so far all the posts and updates I've seen are looking sweet.

Rob

Archived