That knife will melt!

The white certainly makes it a little more vibrant though, but I suppose maybe an additional highlight colour on the grey would sort it?

He's in the RAS so it's been affixed for the charge :wink:

It's only one chap and a bolter chap at that, so there's no real need to go overboard with additional highlights (and yes, I hate that I have to say that) but this kind of the problem that arises from not using Mephiston Red. White -> Evil Sunz is brighter but potentially requires more work if you mess up a dark colour like black. Grey - > Evil Sunz is more dingy so I need to work more but it's better for everything else (such as the brown, green, base, etc).

*sigh*

Yeah that knife on the flamer made me laugh real hard. :biggrin.:

I like white better as well but the difference is so small it could just as well be the lighting lol

Melta* - my flamer guy for my RAS has an axe head on his :tongue.:

Can assure you there is a difference regardless of the light. It would probably show up more on a larger scale model.

Yeah that knife on the flamer made me laugh real hard. :biggrin.:

I like white better as well but the difference is so small it could just as well be the lighting lol

Melta* - my flamer guy for my RAS has an axe head on his :tongue.:

You are not making it better! :P

I can't really tell the difference between the grey and white primers, and I like to think I have a pretty good eye for red :biggrin.:

Maybe they look more different in real life, and it's just the pic that makes them look so similar. But if they are really very similar I'd say go with the quickest / easiest method!

GBBO update - Librarian

Vow 1 of 2 complete!

Librarian:

Front:

gallery_62972_9848_117958.jpg

Left

gallery_62972_9848_5464.jpg

Back

gallery_62972_9848_45871.jpg

Right

gallery_62972_9848_45757.jpg

Angle

gallery_62972_9848_170859.jpg

Shopping list

• Imperial Phallus Jetbike sans rider
  • Space Marine biker legs and left arm
  • Grey Knights power armour torso back and front
  • Grey Knights Terminator bare head
  • Death Company right arm and right shoulder pad
  • Grey Knights power armour warding stave
  • Terminator bling
  • Blood Angels brass etch (x2)
  • Space Marine Tactical Squad bolters (x2)
  • Second edition shoulder pad, bolter sprue
  • Green stuff, paperclips, glue, etc

The easier of the two, it just needed some tweaking to make it 40k legal - so bolters added (magnetised so I can still use it in 30k one day) along with some bling, as well as changing the arm of the Librarian and head position to make him less static. Tried a spot of green stuff on the shoulder pad to get the horned skull Librarian emblem thingy but I suck... :sweat:

I suppose I could have done more. Perhaps added a book, etc, but I'm really concerned about the time everything is taking me and I've got a lot to do before the Apocalypse (if it goes ahead that is... The venue has closed down so we're looking for alternatives :dry.: )

That's what I did. It looks like I gave the skull a wig...

Awful lighting but it's the "right" picture.

Definitely getting the GW sculpting set for my birthday in May (and Lost Patrol too just because).

Edited by Jolemai

Looks better from a desktop and OMG did I actually submit a picture of him sitting like that!!! He does fit properly, honestly :blush.::blush.::blush.:

To be honest I was thinking about making some of my Biker with melee weapons look like that on purpose. :D

Plan for the rest of this month is to finish of my thirteen Marines (just details for nine to go and then thirteen bases) and to then get my Inquisitor finished. In April I need to paint ten BaC Marines and these have so far been undercoated - will likely just aim for the three base colours and based level of painting here as they need to be complete by April 28th. I also need to magentise my Imperial Knight as it's too heavy for prolonged blu-tacced-ness. What? That's totally a word... :sweat:

So the question is, do I try and fit in a void shield generator kitbash or not (again, to be done by April 28th)?

:yes::no: 

Marine update

This is as far as I'm taking these for now. They still need highlights and minor tidying up, but I've got a backlog to clear...

gallery_62972_9848_37657.jpg

Will be very sad the day I run out of these to paint...

gallery_62972_9848_137467.jpg

Third edition chap was a freebie. New way of doing the eye sockets and I love it.

Second edition plastic and metal heavy bolter equals on of my "Character bases" to stop him falling over... I got the model with some bits and this is the best solution for him...

gallery_62972_9848_31333.jpg

Left over Command Squad bits with some second edition bolters.

gallery_62972_9848_153040.jpg

Regular SM Tactical box was used here. Heavy flamer is FW.

gallery_62972_9848_179861.jpg

Most blinged Tactical Marine I own so far and Mk I who will lead my Sternguard (or Scouts)

gallery_62972_9848_69498.jpg

Command squad for the 3rd Company. Powerfist is magnetised.

How old (real world time) are the tacs in the first pic, Jol?

20/21 years old now? Maybe produced a few years earlier. Up until this year they were in Space Wolves colours.

The heavy bolter is the same age.

Oddly, the Thunder Warrior is one of the newest in my collection (Finecast).