Just a small one this month. I was actually saving him for the ETL but :sad.:

November

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of November pledge to complete 1x Lieutenant to the defence of the Imperial Faction by month's end.

Hidden Content

gallery_62972_9848_407247.jpg

To do:
~ All of it.

Below is pretty much where I'm at with the bases. In the case of the Lieutenant, it's a 25mm base stacked on a 32mm base, but with more sand in the mix than flakes (as I'm running low these days). I also cover the uppermost rim on stacked bases now, something I never used to do.

That base looks great! I'm on my phone and can't check now, but do you have your basing technique detailed in here? If not, can you share it? I'm not sure how I feel about my "urban" bases...

Well, first you need to settle on something to add to your base. I've genuinely got no idea what I use* but the nearest equivalent I've seen is some flower pot stones found at garden centres. This I add to a base using PVA and then seal it with watered down PVA. This is preferably undercoated whatever colour I'm using and turned a dark grey (most of the time I use Codex Grey (Dawnstone); the Stormraven base being larger allowed me to spray it with Halford's Grey Primer). Then I wash it with Nuln Oil (this is actually a new step but I like the look so...) and drybrush it with Codex Grey, then Fortress Grey (Administratum Grey), then Bleached bone (Ushabti Bone).

On my models I don't mind it "splashing" on their legs as the colours appear to me as a clay-like mud. I paint the rims Goblin Green (Warboss Green) as it is a nod back to my older bases and it blends in my vision on how I want my terrain to be (overgrown, muddy, forgotten - I have a lot of ruins).

* Seriously no idea. It's a packaging material for chemicals; gold-coloured and lightweight, it was often found to keep glass vials from breaking in metal cans or in large boxes to stop things from rattling around. Going to be really sad when I finally run out

Basing

So I thought I'd post up how I am currently doing my bases. There's nothing new here and a lot of folk probably do similar already, but for me it's significant. At the start of 2017 one of my goals was to improve my efficiency at painting. This is one of the major contributions to that which I've started doing this year.

Step one

gallery_62972_9848_3979.jpg

Blu-tac model to base (preferably unpainted) and apply PVA. Haven't tried this with a slottabase yet...

Step two

gallery_62972_9848_365679.jpg

Dip in bag to get the "rocks", then swirl in the sand to fill up the remaining space. The rocks are packaging material often used for transporting chemicals, glass vials, etc. If anyone knows what it is then send me a PM!

Step three

gallery_62972_9848_958496.jpg

Remove model and blu-tac, then seal with watered down PVA

Step four

gallery_62972_9848_122942.jpg

Spray with Halford's Grey Primer (fabulous stuff)

Step five

gallery_62972_9848_798032.jpg

Shade with Nuln Oil

Step six

gallery_62972_9848_450906.jpg

Drybrush with Celestra Grey and then Bleached Bone

Step seven

gallery_62972_9848_353447.jpg

Attach model and paint rim Goblin Green

• 2 weeks later...

Work continues on the Cerberus. Main gun hinge fixed and I've magnetised the sponsons. Pintle gunner is complete bar assembly. Need to tweak some other bits too but otherwise, it's (kinda) on course to be done by the end of the month.

December

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of December pledge to complete 1x Cerberus Heavy-tank Destroyer to the defence of the Imperial Faction by month's end.

gallery_62972_9848_111118.jpeg

To do:
  • Subsequent coats of red, recess wash, highlight
  • Detail
  • Magnetisation (just weapon mounts left, weapons complete)
  • Assemble and touch up
  • Bonus - if I have time I might go for muzzle burn, but this remains in the maybe category.

• 4 weeks later...

Hail Reclusiarch!

Any updates?

Sadly not. Thanks to Covid (I'm fine, don't worry) restrictions and lockdowns, I've been nowhere near the tank since the 6th December :cry:

Thanks for the interest though, it remains a priority asap.

Hail Reclusiarch!

Any updates?

Sadly not. Thanks to Covid (I'm fine, don't worry) restrictions and lockdowns, I've been nowhere near the tank since the 6th December :cry:

Thanks for the interest though, it remains a priority asap.

I was asking as due to those same reasons ill be picking up my brushes during the next few days.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2020 Compilation

Here's mine:

gallery_62972_9848_139926.jpeg

Close ups:

gallery_62972_9848_1988.jpeg

Back row -> Dante; Sanguinary Priest, Techmarine, Tactical Marine (plasma gun); Scout (missile launcher)
Front row -> Librarian; Lieutenant; Sanguinary Priest/Novitiate; Scout (Sergeant/Lieutenant)

gallery_62972_9848_64263.jpeg

Space Hulk Terminators (+2 more); Space Hulk TDA Librarian; C.A.T

gallery_62972_9848_127304.jpeg

Eight miscellaneous Death Company and bits; Lemartes (old/disco); Chaplain on bike; Space Marine biker

gallery_62972_9848_118033.jpeg

DC Drop Pod

Goals for 2021 remain similar to last year:

• Continue moving more of my collection to completion (and lessening the use of blue-tac)
  • Fully participate in this year's 12 Months of Hobby Challenge
Edited by Jolemai

Death Company Imperial Knight. Now that's a terrifying thought.

I used to run it with my DC lists so from a fluff point of view, it made sense that this Freeblade pilot would paint his machine up to match :tu: