I've got one of those somewhere. It was a right pig trying to work out his helmet I seem to remember. I think I tried to do the Eavy Metal/RT era halved colour scheme but I don't think it really worked so I'll look forward to seeing what you make of him!

I'll be painting his psychic hood like I have done below. As I do an "inverted" Librarian scheme for my army, I think it works out quite nicely

12M Challenge - January complete

Sanguinary Priest

gallery_62972_9848_50021.jpeg

gallery_62972_9848_37665.jpeg

gallery_62972_9848_6180.jpeg

gallery_62972_9848_31143.jpeg

Librarian

gallery_62972_9848_12116.jpeg

gallery_62972_9848_9914.jpeg

gallery_62972_9848_37188.jpeg

gallery_62972_9848_16081.jpeg

Sanguinary Priest/Novitiate

gallery_62972_9848_38069.jpeg

gallery_62972_9848_8085.jpeg

gallery_62972_9848_31655.jpeg

gallery_62972_9848_16086.jpeg

Librarian has a magnetised backpack in case he requires a jump pack (so now I have one of each melee choice painted and with both transport options)

Bottom image is in Novitiate mode but has a magnetised gun arm (weapon choice and Priest upgrade) and backpack.

The sad things is, I'm about to run out of those backpacks

Guy with the collar looks cool. But no Sergeant? Are they reinforcements or is there more to come?

They are reinforcements, technically. They can be anything legal from a Sergeant, VAS, Sternguard, CV. I'm still one of those oddballs that runs a 4th edition Rhino rush type list that involves VAS without jump packs... so the choppy ones may feature there. The other three will likely be Sternguard.

The Mk I from that set was painted yonks ago. He tends to be a Scout Sergeant...

Marine update

gallery_62972_9848_179861.jpg

Most blinged Tactical Marine I own so far and Mk I who will lead my Sternguard (or Scouts)

There's got to be a squad there somewhere- sternguard maybe, made of a single marine in each armour mark. That takes you to 8 marines, then a deathwatch mk8 (customised) for no.9 and maybe a single primaris or leave the 10th space for a hero/ancient to fit in the squad transport...

There's got to be a squad there somewhere- sternguard maybe, made of a single marine in each armour mark. That takes you to 8 marines, then a deathwatch mk8 (customised) for no.9 and maybe a single primaris or leave the 10th space for a hero/ancient to fit in the squad transport...

I've got some GKPA bits too to really mix it up :wink:

I have three more metal RT models painted so I can push them out as CVs easily enough.

Working on the jump Ancient now (yes it's Legends but shrug).

As it will just be a Company Standard, I'm going to paint is as 1st Company as that's the take I get from the fluff. The only other alternative would be 8th Company and I don't particularly want to do just one model for a single Company (my plethora of Captains aside, but they used to have a purpose as a squad back in Apocalypse). Sound reasoning?

Our banners can be found in the Resourses Section, specifically here.

Edited by Jolemai

• 2 weeks later...

Scout Theme Musings

Had this theme idea on the go since 2016 and I'm not prepared to put it out to pasture yet, especially as I have loads of (metal) Scouts and they remain amongst my favourite models.

The different themes for my lists exist simply so I can attempt to make use of all my collection and so that I'm not playing the same thing over and over again. I like attempting to think outside of the box and trying to win in different ways - maybe this is BA on hardmode but I wouldn't have it any other way :blush.:

To me, a Scout list can be comprised of a number of things:

• Captain and Lieutenants (two according to the fluff)
  • Chaplain, Priest, Librarian, Techmarine (to assess the Scouts or to learn)
  • Command Squad (HQ needs a body guard - CVs today)
  • Scouts
  • Scout bikes
  • LSS
  • Tarantulas (these used to be able to deep strike or be concealed. Also good sentry units that Scouts would use imo)

Like all themed lists, there's a tipping point. They all need something else there to make them slightly competitive. In the past I've used:

• Focused on the Command aspect with a Captain + Command Squad arriving via Drop Pod, usually with combi-meltas
  • An Assassin Execution Force (hilarious)
  • Fortifications

For the current idea, it's a Patrol and a small base of operations, with the core Scout band doing the legwork. Will see how it goes.

How do the LSS and scout bikes work for you? They are pretty much the only firstborn units I never picked up and keep tempting me occasionally.

Despite having the model, I haven't used the LSS yet. I'm intrigued by the current strategy detailed on our very forum a few months ago - it's basically that first turn push into your opponent's Deployment Zone for secondary objective points (scramblers, table quarters, and so on).

The Scout Bikes still have a phenomenal amount of anti-chaff firepower and mobility, which makes them interesting and sadly, a target to those who know about them. Personally, I think I still struggle with bike usage either by over-committing them or leaving them exposed as an easy-ish target (at least, my group likes to target bikes before other things...). Ideally, I see them as support for my Scouts and/or grabbing lightly defended targets/objectives.

Should point out that I haven't used either in 9th and haven't played post-Supplement yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Razorback and Jetbike WIP

So you've seen these before. However, they need fixing and tweaking as detailed below. The Razorback will just be improved like the Dreadnought was (streaky red, so maybe painted in the same era...)

June

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of June pledge to complete 1x Imperial Jetbike and 1x Razorback by month's end.

gallery_62972_9848_119138.jpeg

To do:
  • Jetbike needs fixing and touching up in it's current setup

• Jetbike requires the extra parts to enable it to be run as a regular Imperial Jetbike Marine in 30k (rider not shown, but arm is. Will be magnetised)

• Razorback needs fixing, filling, extras adding

• Razorback needs the red and metal to be re-done (streaky), and then onwards to completion (so, detail and highlights, etc)

I *may* add to this later, but June is looking busy irl so...