Brother Nihm

Gods of Chaos hear my call!

I Capitano (the one and the same) hereby pledge my soul, my allegiance and that of my troops, to chaos eternal.

I swear to you that i will paint and present two squads of chosen of the Night Lord Legion before January 18, 2013

Capitano

Squad 1

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/SaintCapitano/2012-10-29_01-44-52_121.jpg

Squad 2 yeah both the samething but still...I mean really..

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/SaintCapitano/2012-10-29_01-44-58_301.jpg

Full 12 Man squad just for quick proof

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/SaintCapitano/2012-10-29_01-45-13_436.jpg

I Teku hereby pledge my soul, my allegiance and that of my troops', to Chaos Eternal.

I swear to you that I will paint and present 1 Chaos Lord in Power Armour, 1 Squad of Plague Zombies (14models) of Nurgle Angels before January 18th, 2013.

I also promise to provide a project update, at least twice per month.

You can follow my progress here: Nurgle Angels Blog

Teku

I am out travelling so replies will be sporadic until Thursday.

I tried to paint my miniatures a few years ago so one of my terminators already has base coloring on all black and metall parts. My sorceror is completly base colored but i would have to repaint everything except for the gold parts to make him fit my army.

If it makes them illegal i can basecoat them again.

From the rules of the Call:

Sign-up will commence on the 19th of October (today), 2012 and will close November 2nd, 2012. You are welcome to use this time to plan, assemble and prime models that you have entered into the Call.
Basecoating (i.e. the first layer of paint on top of the primer is a no-go unfortunately).

I'm afraid I will have to withdraw my forces due a shortage in resources, brethren - I won't have enough time to make sufficient progress for the competition due to the interferance of real life, so good luck to whoever replaces me in the Long War!
Duly noted.

If we get filled up to 100, can we move forward and start painting on the 31st/1st? I am th most impatient person ever.
Nope!

Patience is not something I'm accustomed to as well. First squad has been built, just waiting to prime them and start painting. However, we must allow everyone to prepare for total domination.
See the part above about the preptime. Priming is OK!

As i failed the last CoC please add one more character to my list to redem myself in the eyes of Chaos. now to decide who...
Done.

Wait were not meant to have started painting yet oppps. I swear I've seen others having started painting already?

Will I have to withdraw if my OCpaintingD doesn't let me wait till 2nd Nov?

Also can I change my warband name to Preachers of Pestilence. It just sounds a lot better lol.

Cheers

James

Name changed, but remember, any items that are being painted before Friday does not count towards your pledge.

Pah papa Nurgle cares not what his children call themselves only that his great gifts are spread.

Hmmm ok well then I'm goign to paint a test model from the Chosen unit and not touch the rest is that ok?

Cheers

James

EDIT: Also if the number in brackets next to my name on the list is the amount of units were painting shouldn't that be 5?

1 Choas Lord, 1 unit of Chosen (minus one guy that I'm currently painting as a test model) 2 Units of Cultists and a Hellbrute :P.

Test models are fine as long as they are not used in the Call, number of items changed to 5 (not to worry, a final confirmation/notice will go out on Friday, asking you all to double check and confirm.

The Chaos Gods do not like indecisive servants. ;)

They also do not like paint on models entered into the Call - until the 2nd of November.

Any such items will not count towards the pledge.

Hmmm... I will try... for Khorne's sake...

Also, a quick question: If I have a 5 man chosen squad as part of my call and I finish my entire Call... Would I be allowed to add on more members to the unit? Also, I am adding an item to my call, because you have me listed as making 5 things when I only signed in doing 4. I will register in another character for the 5th item, probably a raptor lord.

You cannot add more models to an item, but you can add them as a separate item (e.g. a 5 man Chosen squad) once you have painted your existing items. No need to add another just yet, I may have misunderstood your original post. Number of items set to 4.

Sorry.

I missed this in the first go.

BrokenGlytch of The Cult of Flesh.

The same fate as Neigorath applies to you as well I afraid, as you also fell in the fourth Call of Chaos,

You fell in the past.

What will you do to redeem yourself in the eyes of the gods?

I have heard whispers that if you either paint up a Chaos Spawn before the Call starts, or add an additional item to your pledge - then you might be allowed to partake in the glory. Should you fail this time however - woe unto you.

Very well. I shall add an additional item to my pledge - one Defiler, dedicated of course to Slaanesh. Original post has been amended and said Defiler has been placed in the bath to remove the incomplete paint job I wasn't happy with anyway.

Done!

Sadly, I must withdraw my pledge. The demands of the real world combined with travel and the holidays means I'm just not going to have the time to do any painting this winter. :(

Sorry.

Noted.

Just a kind reminder to everyone.

DO NOT START PAINTING YET!

Balls, I couldn't sleep the other day (I work 3rd shift), so I painted some (laid down the Chaos Black over the Primer on the CSM Squads, and Khorne Red where it needed it.) November 6th is going to be...a return to another Long War I've longed to get back to since the Disappointment two years ago. I hear they're bringing My Sword back from the 3rd installment. I look forward to proper sword matches in Halo again so I can get my Achilles on. The Fish is new(er) too, with a fully customizable Custom Class system...so November and December are going to be pretty soaked in blood for me (digitally speaking of course).

In light of that, I wish to 'downgrade' my vow to 1 Lord with magnetized Backpack/Jumppack and 5 raptors, who need sand and priming.

Please see above regarding basecoating.

Downgrading is also not possible, you are free to paint a different item however (see the rules about what constitutes an item)

I don't really know why I didn't make it to the list, since I did put a post in quite a while ago.

Please add me for 5.

Here's why:

only 5?

I can do 5. 2 brutes, 2 cultist squads, 1 lord.

wip link

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=249710

Ah but the gods do not listen unless you beseech them.
;)

Entering the Call of Chaos

To enter the call, all you need to do is sign and post the following in this thread:

etc. etc.

So i have a question, since im technically doing a Ahriman force for the call of chaos, should it be listed as Thousand Son Exiles or Tousand Son Renegades as in reality Ahriman was exiled and is not part of the Thousand Sons Proper anymore. And currently its just listed as Thousand sons (in both my post and main list). Should it be changed as i prefer to be fluffy if possible?

I don't really know why I didn't make it to the list, since I did put a post in quite a while ago.

Please add me for 5.

Here's why:

only 5?

I can do 5. 2 brutes, 2 cultist squads, 1 lord.

wip link

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=249710

Ah but the gods do not listen unless you beseech them.
:)

Entering the Call of Chaos

To enter the call, all you need to do is sign and post the following in this thread:

etc. etc.

I have edited to fix it.

I Bymis hereby pledge my soul, my allegiance and that of my troops', to Chaos Eternal.

I swear to you that I will paint and present 1 Typhus Herald of Nugle, 1 Squad of Plague Marines of The Death Guard and 1 Squad of Plague Zombies, before January 18th, 2013.

You can follow my progress here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=264741

-Bymis

Just wondering, are we required to submit a pre-work photo like many have or not? I remember the LPC requires you too but I dont think the Call did last time. I probably still will as part of my first round of updates but thought I had better ask.
Wait and see. :)

Also, tomorroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow!

The Chaos Gods do not like indecisive servants. ;)

They also do not like paint on models entered into the Call - until the 2nd of November.

Any such items will not count towards the pledge.

Hmmm... I will try... for Khorne's sake...

Also, a quick question: If I have a 5 man chosen squad as part of my call and I finish my entire Call... Would I be allowed to add on more members to the unit? Also, I am adding an item to my call, because you have me listed as making 5 things when I only signed in doing 4. I will register in another character for the 5th item, probably a raptor lord.

You cannot add more models to an item, but you can add them as a separate item (e.g. a 5 man Chosen squad) once you have painted your existing items. No need to add another just yet, I may have misunderstood your original post. Number of items set to 4.

No, no, no wait! I have already constructed 5 items and have updated my post with the 5th item! Here's the lsit of what I am doing: 1 Counts as Khârn, 1 Chaos Lord, 5 man Havoc Squad, 8 man Chosen squad and a Helbrute.

so before i start painting tomorrow nght after work we can start tomorrow right....

ie friday...

i was going through my paints and brushs have not painted anything in a year and some of those paints are even older i got rid of about 2h3 of my paint jars...most were dried out or gel...but 9 out of 10 were just drier out...but still 4 were gelled up...and i had to get new brushes my daughter used mine it appears as they are dried up wth paint and the brush is dried and well looks like :lol: haha

Ladies and gentlemen, spawn and daemon-kin,

The fifth Call of Chaos is officially open and you may now begin to paint your pledged units.

Please double-check the amount of pledged units listed on page 1, versus your original pledge; as well as check that the link to your WIP thread is correct.

Also,

Please take note of the following:

Your very first update MUST include pictures of pledged units that you have started on- unpainted (primer is OK, basecoats etc. are not)

Because as always, all models that have been painted before today (again, primer doesn't count) do not count towards your pledge.

The clock is ticking - the Gods of Chaos are watching.

Good luck, have fun, and paint hard!

Also, do we have to have all of our units modeled before we can begin painting? I modeled a few of them but, I was planning on just modeling and painting them as I go

Seconded on that question, I'm receiving my second, secondhand army lot today to be able to do my ideal conversions for my guys, so wasn't able to do any modeling work barring my Rhino up till today.

Mission Statement

To assist players in the building, converting and painting of their army. By using open project threads, each player will be able to inspire other players with what they are doing, and at the same time receive feedback on the progress of their army. Each player is encouraged to provide constructive feedback to her/his fellow participants throughout the Call.

Call of Chaos Requirements

1. Your army must be a supported Chaos faction on the B&C (E.g. Power-Armored and/or under an Existing Sub-Forum). e.g. Codex: Daemons is allowed.

2. The Call will last for 3 months only. Please be aware of this when entering what you will paint. From past experiences, time management is key to success.

3. You are allowed to submit between 2 to 5 items; no more, no less. An item is defined as: a single character/squad/vehicle from your relevant codex.

4. You are expected to submit a minimum of 2 updates in this thread, per month, for the duration of the call. There will be consequences if this is not followed. Making an update here is quite easy, you simply post a reply in this thread with a link to the relevant updates in your WIP thread.

From that I inferred the modeling would also be an ongoing part of the Call, not just the painting.

Edit: Amended question with quote from OP.

I Dez hereby pledge my soul, my allegiance and that of my troops', to Chaos Eternal.

I swear to you that I will paint and present 6 Bikers and 1 Chaos Lord of The Death Guard, before January 18th, 2013.

You can follow my progress here: Dez' Death Guard

-Dez

Whoops. I messed up big time. I need to amend my vow to reflect the fact thats some of my vow items are way past basecoating.

AMENDED VOW

I, Marshal Sampson of Terra, hereby pledge my soul, my allegiance and that of my troops', to Chaos Eternal.

I swear to you that I will paint and present one squad of Chaos Space Marines, one squad of Raptors, one "Huron Blackheart," one sorcerer, and one unit of Posessed of the Alpha Legion, before January 18th, 2013.

You can follow my progress here: Warlord Kaetus' Alpha Legion

-Marshal Sampson of Terra

++Update One++

++Novemeber++

My first update on the Mauler Fiend model WIP photo getting already to start.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...50#entry3227872

&

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...00#entry3227874

One topic in the WIP area & one in the Chaos area.

IP

I too must amend my vow as I am not stripping the guy I started accidently to get this done. All it is is just one less Chosen. Also I haven't got all my models I intend on painting yet so does it matter if I submit a pre-work photo of those before I start on them when I do finally get them?

November, Update 1: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...p;#entry3228121

Right, first Call of Chaos V post. Here's my entire pledge.

Full squad of 12 Chaos Space Marines (CC dioramas)

Full squad of 12 Chaos Raptors

8 Bolter Marines for a plasma squad

8 other Bolter Marines and 1 Icon Bearer for another squad

So 41 models total. Here they all are, primed:

gallery_39401_2771_6542.jpg

The Icon Bearer in the middle-right squad actually had a coat of red on him from months ago. I've since repainted him black (the red was old-Citadel anyway so it wouldn't have been consistent with the rest of the army). If my pledge needs to be amended to drop him that's cool, but I'll be painting him alongside everyone else regardless. Anyway, will be getting started on these guys tomorrow.

Archived