If what Durfast and I are talking about isn't wishful thinking or Alpha Legion misinformation, the survivors of Isstvan 5 will be covered, with full Legion profiles for the ones not covered in book 2 released in later books.

I doubt Imperial Fists will be covered at all during the Isstavan book series at all. The Iron warriors make sense, but the Imperial Fists did not play a substantial role at that engagement.

If I had to guess, The Imperial Fists may not be covered in depth until the Siege on Terra along with the White Scars and possibly Blood Angels (assuming that they have not been covered earlier)

I suspect Forgeworld will also do a prospero burns/thousand sons book as well.

The two legions that I wonder about are the Ultramarines and the Dark Angels.  Those two legions operated seperately from the rest during this time frame and would not easily be captured in a single narrative of a book.

Yes possibly.

I also wonder about the Dark Angels, have a feeling they will get pushed back, way back!

It will be a long hard wait for me with so many cool and uniques figures coming out for the heresy before then (before da's come out)

There is always the possibility that, in order to cover all the legions quickly to encourage sales, they might include rules and appendices not relating to the campaign covered in the book.

For instance, Prospero is a big deal, but only has two legions present. It would behoove them to cover the Dark Angels as well since the Dark Angels only have the Thramas Crusade during the AoD and didn't do much else. Or include the Raven Guard in the Calth book since that's another battle with two Legions.

Massacre will cover the Dropsite, but it makes sense for extermination to cover the survivors and a broader picture of what is going on at the same time as Isstvan. It would make sense for Extermination to cover the Ultramarines too, since the Word Bearers will be in book two, no?

They were supposed to be doing Daemon Primarch versions at least at some point in the probable far future.

From the open day Fulgrim is apparently all completed and ready to go now so will hopefully be up for sale soon. There were no new FW updates on their site last week so Id expect something decent this week/friday.

My memory of the istvaan events is a bit blurry, but didnt rogal send a few ships that way to see what was happening, I think I remember this from flight of the Einstein, or was I the fleet that followed the loyalists and got stuck at phall?

If it was the former then hey could have a small contingence at istvaan, and an excuse to give them legion rules, just like they did with the ad mech.

I remember talk that they will do daemon primarchs and their rules, but It makes sense to me that those rules come out as part of the siege of terra book lines. If Istavann III and V are 3 books, then the siege will be at least two if not three books itself. The Traitor legions looked remarkably different at the siege then at the beginning, so it might be feasible to do a seperate army list for traitor legions as part of the Siege of Terra books. This would also be a logical point to do the rules for the WS, BL, and IF

I suspect the book on calth will have the Ultramarines and rules for the Imperial Army (as opposed to the Imperial Guard). I have a hard time seeing a chaos cultist/traitor army, as that can just be covered with just one or two units.  I can also see a book on Calth to have updated rules for Zone Mortalis/boarding actions.

I agree that the dark angels are the most isolated of all the legions during this timeline, but I can only make wild guesses on when/where they will be included.

Yes possibly.

I also wonder about the Dark Angels, have a feeling they will get pushed back, way back!

-insert mandatory fanrage here-

Yeah... although it would be a bit biblical. The first shall be the last and the last shall be the first. Except the last bit isn't true.

Oh well, they're probably saving the best for last.

I assume the series will culminate with a series of release about the Siege.

1 to cover the Fists and three traitor legions. 1 to cover the Blood Angels and three traitor legions. And 1 to cover the White Scars and three traitor legions. The books about the Siege will probobaly have the 'corrupted' versions of the legion list. It will also probobaly arc to cover the walls, eternity gate, and space port, with the final book covering assault on the Vengeful Spirit.

I'm gonna theorize that they will cover all the legions over the next couple of years, with army list appendices for each one, the branches of the mechanicum, different types of the Imperial Army, and the Custodes and Sisters of Silence.

People like PreHeresy, Heresy, and Post Heresy, so it makes sense to give each legion a normal, semi-corrupted, and all the way corrupted view for the traitors and a normal, beaten up, and decimated view for the loyalists with special units for the different stages.

I suspect all will depend on HH turnover and that plans as to later books, such as beyond Extermination, are still quite tentative.

At the moment, they are shifting a fair amount of stock and it makes sense to go run with it. Hence they have dedicated resource to this project and keeping the releases coming.

If sales start to dry up then things are likely to slow down and we all know how flighty we wargamers can be whistlingW.gif

Well if they get the basics out in volume right from the get go, and every time they put out a book they do models for the special characters, the book and the occasional primarch and the sales from those alone can let them sit pretty while they do Warhammer Forge and the Imperial Armor series. In theory, if they can do 1 release every 3 months we could see 2 Heresy books a year, 1 IA and 1 WHF release every year

With regards to the Siege of Terra they don't just have to re-cover all the Legions equally. AL and Night Lords for example don't get that corrupted and thus presumably won't change that much, meaning they can be covered with a page or two. Death Guard or Emperors Children on the other hand need a completely new list.

They also need to cover the non-Astartes forces; here's how I imagine it:

Mechanicum loyalist and Dark: Battle for Mars book*

Sisters of Silence: Fall of Prospero

Custodians: Siege of Terra

Imperial Army tank regiments: Battle of Tallarn**

Chaos Cultists/Traitor Army: Battle for Calth***

*might also cover Imperial Fists

**Also covering Chaosified Iron Warriors

***Along with Ultramarines.

I wouldn't expect Forge World to move mountains for the Imperial Army since Codex Imperial Guard already does a good job of representing any type of non-space marine force.

Except Weapons Platoons... You hear me GW!?!?!? I WANT WEAPONS PLATOONS!

• 3 weeks later...

Yup it's that time again.

Holy cow have any of you guys gotten the forge world news letter about the Horus heresy weekender?

1) that partial shot of Fulgrim looks amazing. Simon Egan made a great job of making him look less of a pansy, unless we really can't see the rest of the picture and it's actually just Fulgrim aggressively painting a picture ;)

2) how bout that davinite priest? He looks really gross but in a cool way. What do you guys think?

Yup it's that time again.

Holy cow have any of you guys gotten the forge world news letter about the Horus heresy weekender?

1) that partial shot of Fulgrim looks amazing. Simon Egan made a great job of making him look less of a pansy, unless we really can't see the rest of the picture and it's actually just Fulgrim aggressively painting a picture msn-wink.gif

2) how bout that davinite priest? He looks really gross but in a cool way. What do you guys think?

I saw it. I'm resisting the urge to go "gotta catch em all" with the Primarchs.

After closer inspection, I feel that Fulgrim and Angron have similiar features (as befitting brothers) but feel that Fulgrims savage face is a little odd. I thought he was supposed to have a calm complexion with a slight dash of a sneer

Ha from the picture it also looks like Fulgrim is going super saiyan XD

Archived