I'm definitely going 'gotta catch em all' on the Primarchs. I've one completed Angron and two more W.I.P. To that end, anyone fortunate enough to be heading to the Weekener willing to pick up a Fulgrim for me? P.M. if you're willing/able.

Cheers,

Jono

I agree that his features aren't really 100% accurate with the fluff, but then again, if it is during his duel with Ferrus (which means Mr. Daemon Prince is in him), it makes sense. In any case, I'm sure that it's a magnificent model :tu:

Not keen on the Davinite Priest at all. I much prefer them as seen in the Collected Visions artwork.

See I thought he looked pretty good, much as Lorenzen has mentioned elsewhere, he shares some visual similarities with Angron in appearance, which makes sense as it is stated in more than one of the books that the primarchs share certain visual similarities in facial features at least. Colouration is different in them, some have a different 'aspect' due to their upbringing or general demeanor. But they similarity is there, and looks good. 

Also due to the 'action' pose he seems to have, it wouldn't have made so much sense for him to have such a calm perfect expression, this almost angry one fits considering the impression he's in combat (where just about every primarch is described as being quite scary to witness)

I can't wait to see the complete model. The pose seems correct to me, Fulgrim is in combat so he won't be calm at all. I like the painting too, better than Angron's. I've seen the Angron mini painted by other people and it looks better than the "official", so I expect Fulgrim to be even better with a cool paint job. 

Man I'd love the Primarch models bases to come it duel poses. Sanguinius vs Horus. Guilliman vs Lorgar. Dorn vs Perturabo. Russ vs. Magnus.

Other ideas

Alpharius and Omegon double pack.

The Khan on a Jetbike.

Man I'd love the Primarch models bases to come it duel poses. Sanguinius vs Horus. Guilliman vs Lorgar. Dorn vs Perturabo. Russ vs. Magnus.

Other ideas

The Khan on a Jetbike.

I'm wondering how will FW make the twins so they don't look different from a regular astartes but at the same time they look like primarchs. That's gonna be a lot of design work. 

I'm a fan of it so far, i think a lot of people are missing the fact that the model is essentially meant to represent fulgrim in a battle with one of his closest brothers in a duel to the death.. he would not look serene or smug..

Maybe He looks a little ugly because of the Daemon, or because they got to downgrade the beauty of the other primarchs to make Sangunius look so much more beautiful? I personally am not very impressed with the primarch models shown so far.  They feel like comic book character busts.

Maybe He looks a little ugly because of the Daemon, or because they got to downgrade the beauty of the other primarchs to make Sangunius look so much more beautiful? I personally am not very impressed with the primarch models shown so far. They feel like comic book character busts.

Don't forget the primarchs are not unlike their sons; Sanguinius might have a more noble outlook inline with the golden proportion, giving him a visual appeal and awe that of a marble statue or an angel of myth realised, but neither he nor Fulgrim is handsome or attractive in the full human extent. Plenty of men down in the Army trenches would have more success swooning women based on looks alone.

I'm certainly... surprised at the skin tone they've given Fulgrim, although ill be blaming the mud for now. EDIT: The mud it was! Poor lighting in the teaser shot, newsletter is much more acceptable if I may.

Other ideas

The Khan on a Jetbike.

The Khan on the top of a Rhino !

Sorry Vesper,

But that is the signature move of a certain ultramarine captain....

The Khan on top of an ultramarines captain on top of a rhino! Erhm...maybe?

F

Other ideas

The Khan on a Jetbike.

I thought it was a Landraider in the old diorama? 

as to the idea of having traitor versions and such of the different legions, do you think that they will say that you can use a legion's rules with the lists in previous books, or will each new legion be entirely contained within a book, like, will they redo the list from betrayal, or have something new that the new legions will be entirely beholden to?

for instance the UM , do you think they will be able to use the pre-heresy list from betrayal to represent a great crusade force once they are introduced?

The list in betrayal is the basic legion list.  The other legion books should only have annexes for legion specific rules/variations to the list found in betrayal.

Now, the other books might contain other army lists though (Imperial Army and Mechanicum being the two most likely)

Do you guys think that the four pre existing legions might get some more new units or rules?

I mean background and 2or 3 units for the four new legions can't take up more than 200 pages. It sounds like they might make some rules for davinite priests unless I'm completely off my kilter here. And I would think that they would include some other (in)famous heroes such as Khârn, garro, and typhon. According to Fulgrim, EC had proto noise marines.

Could we see some possible new units?

Well, the Palatine Guard are able to be equipped with Sonic Weaponry so I guess those are Forgeworld's "proto-Noise Marines." My guess is that it is certainly a possibility, but it is more likely we will start to see something like the "Cult" armies like the Brotherhood of the Knife, since they are including a Davinite Priest. Not saying they will or won't, just going off of what I've seen. Either that or they really plan on putting a serious amount of background into this book.

Archived