I'd certainly imagine we'll see more rules for the four legions in the future. If nothing else we still lack rules for such iconic and important characters as Khârn, Lucius, Calas Typhon, etc.

The sonic screamers are more implants then actual weapons... and they only work for 1 turn.

I think "refinements" to the legions may be likely.  Considering they had photos or Catealun (spelling?) reavers for the sons of horus, but there are no rules for that unit yet.

Well, for right now the Catulan Reavers are just a type of elite Assault Squad within the First Company. IIRC, Betrayal does have an elite Assault Squad so maybe the Catulan Reavers are just a coloration idea for a Sons of Horus 1st Company Army. Maybe. There is every chance I could be wrong.

The closest thing to an "elite assault squad" would be a destroyer squad with jet packs....

the regular assault squads are troops choices.  Though I suppose the Reavers could be destroyers.... but it seems a bit of a stretch.

Man I'd love the Primarch models bases to come it duel poses. Sanguinius vs Horus. Guilliman vs Lorgar. Dorn vs Perturabo. Russ vs. Magnus.

Other ideas

Alpharius and Omegon double pack.

The Khan on a Jetbike.

The Khan on the top of a Rhino !

Does Surfin' USA play while he does that?

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be kinda bummed if they don't give the Ultramarines those sweet helmets that they had in the Collected Visions artwork.  Not only that, I think they'll be hugely missing the boat if they don't release "Praetor Pattern" armor, at least the helmet, in terms of sales.

Though it's entirely possible they just didn't take the time to update that helmet into whatever program they use to create the armor mockups for the books.

Well guys, have you seen the full Fulgrim model already?? Thoughts? And the images of all the Legions!

http://vk.com/club8995?z=photo-8995_302661202/album-8995_172431813/rev

click on the pics and get hyped

Interesting, seems like the conflict between the Iron Hands and the Emperor's Children might be a major theme in the next book judging by all the pictures. Either that or the photographer just focused on it.

Nice take on the red paint scheme of the Word Bearers. Don't think I've seen anything quite like it before. Love the Night Lords pic, it looks brutal in the Mk III armor. And the swords from those Palatine Blades.... hmmmm. And it looks like the Reavers are going to get represented. I wonder if that means I'll get clarification on the whole "squads on one page, company on another" conflict I found in Betrayal since they never responded when I asked. And they have Night Lords shoulder pads! wub.png

Okay, that's enough for me. Excuse me while I wipe the drool off my floor and keyboard.

Guessing its a safe bet that Iron Hands and Salamanders are indeed in the next book. The lack of painted models for other armies(or rather lack of those pictures if there are any painted models) if indeed the Night Lords and Word Bearers will be present as well as the rumors suggest. Or at least as far as I still know they are just rumors. But the Recon and Destroyer Marines are painted as Night Lords so I imagine that at least the VIII will be.

EDIT: I wish I could see this for myself sad.png

Guessing its a safe bet that Iron Hands and Salamanders are indeed in the next book. The lack of painted models for other armies(or rather lack of those pictures) if indeed the Night Lords and Word Bearers will be present as well as the rumors suggest. Or at least as far as I still know they are just rumors. But the Recon and Destroyer Marines are painted as Night Lords so I imagine that at least the VIII will be.

I watched a video some time ago where Alan Bligh and other guy whose name I don't remember said that the Book 2 gonna be: Night Lords, Word Bearers, Salamanders,  and Iron Hands...

So after Massacre the next book gonna be Battle of Phall (Imperial Fists and Iron Warriors)

Sweet! Probably one of the youtube videos of a Q&A session. Truth be told I gave up watching those because everyone I could find had almost no sound. Good to hear it that it was 100% confirmed though. Waiting to see what happens, but so far the hints shown are making me happy.

Sweet! Probably one of the youtube videos of a Q&A session. Truth be told I gave up watching those because everyone I could find had almost no sound. Good to hear it that it was 100% confirmed though. Waiting to see what happens, but so far the hints shown are making me happy.

Here

Ooh thank you. Definitely better quality than some of the videos I've seen. The date makes me feel a little dumb for calling them rumors though. teehee.gif C'est la vie

You're welcome!! I've been searching for info since...Betrayal was announced haha

Now I only need two things: Being insanely rich and have time travel powers!

I'll end my days sleeping under a bridge but I'll have all the Primarchs, the Big E, The characters and one or two complete legions!!

And he's supposed to be coming with Kor Phaeron? Interesting. And the EC are getting Noise Marines. So then each new book will not only carry the fluff and special units of each new Legion, but bring in new units for the old ones perhaps. Although that means I have to get Betrayal just to have the basic army list unless it is reiterated as well.

Guessing its a safe bet that Iron Hands and Salamanders are indeed in the next book. The lack of painted models for other armies(or rather lack of those pictures) if indeed the Night Lords and Word Bearers will be present as well as the rumors suggest. Or at least as far as I still know they are just rumors. But the Recon and Destroyer Marines are painted as Night Lords so I imagine that at least the VIII will be.

I watched a video some time ago where Alan Bligh and other guy whose name I don't remember said that the Book 2 gonna be: Night Lords, Word Bearers, Salamanders,  and Iron Hands...

So after Massacre the next book gonna be Battle of Phall (Imperial Fists and Iron Warriors)

So those that mean the Raven Guard, iron Warriors, Word Bearers and Alpha Legion will not appear in Massacare? Or will they just be mentioned in the story part and left for subsequent books.

It is the first part of the Dropsite Massacre. It will have Word Bearers, Night Lords, Iron Hands and Salamanders in it.

Ergo, the second part of the Dropsite Massacre will have Raven Guard, Iron Warriors, Alpha Legion.

Highly doubt they're gonna talk about space battles, as those aren't relevant to the game system. Next book might be about the battle of Calth, or the Invasion of Ultramar by the World Eaters and the Word Bearers. Pretty hard to tell, at this point.

Word Bearers would be added in Massacre, alongside Night Lords, Salamanders and Iron Hands. I guess that in the second part (with the battle of Phall), would be included: Iron Warriors, Imperial Fists, Alpha Legion and Raven Guard. Being 4 legions per book.

After that will be Signus Prime, Calth and Prospero (Thousand sons, Ultramarines, Space Wolves and Blood Angels I guess).

So the only ones who have to get a book would be the Dark Angels and the White Scars.

It is the first part of the Dropsite Massacre. It will have Word Bearers, Night Lords, Iron Hands and Salamanders in it.

Ergo, the second part of the Dropsite Massacre will have Raven Guard, Iron Warriors, Alpha Legion.

Highly doubt they're gonna talk about space battles, as those aren't relevant to the game system. Next book might be about the battle of Calth, or the Invasion of Ultramar by the World Eaters and the Word Bearers. Pretty hard to tell, at this point.

prospero should be next since it adds two new legions, custodes and sisters of silence, phall only needs rules for a zone mortalis mission, pollux and imperial fists legion, it'd help to free the schedule

white scars, dark angels and blood angels can share a book portraying the legions that are thrown to the edges of the galaxy as the heresy explodes

Archived