Wolf_Pack's Blood Angels - Conversions and Kit Bashes

Sometimes it's an uphill struggle. You're doing a masterful piece of work with your conversions, army expansion and painting. Looks great and gives motivation to me to give conversion a go. :)

Sometimes it's an uphill struggle. You're doing a masterful piece of work with your conversions, army expansion and painting. Looks great and gives motivation to me to give conversion a go. smile.png

I always try to encourage people to experiment! Sometimes it goes wrong, but you can do no mistakes if you don't try!

I like it, something that I wanted to try but never did. Therefore I must say it is looking great. Perhaps I would try to combine 2 wings with the flat side togheter, and little of GS to make the shield bigger, more protective -OR- use the wing parallel with the hand while flat side is on the top giving the shield very agile look more of a wing like power generator.

~BT

I like it, something that I wanted to try but never did. Therefore I must say it is looking great. Perhaps I would try to combine 2 wings with the flat side togheter, and little of GS to make the shield bigger, more protective -OR- use the wing parallel with the hand while flat side is on the top giving the shield very agile look more of a wing like power generator.

~BT

I did one shield with two wings (if you look up my oversized terminator captain) and it's just as big as the rest of the model. I am not sure if it's too over the top. I'll make another and post a picture tomorrow so you fuys can give me more feedback.

I like the kitbash as well. The shield is fine as it is.

While I wouldn't mind the irregular Thunder Hammer, some people might object.

I've thought about this as well. I've asked around and the one thing I was getting is that it's not really an issue as the hammernators have no other weapon options. The bonus part is thst if I ever want to try out deathwing, they can also make knights.

I think you can make that wing more shield-like by rotating it 90 degrees (I'm thinking with the feathers pointing back toward the shoulder) and adding some auspex/techy bits so it looks like a field generator that got blinged out.

I like the spear too.  Until some other terminator unit comes along that can bring power weapon of choice with their storm shields, I think its fine as is.

Also, really enjoying your take on terminators using the death masks and SG breastplates.  They look very appropriate for Angels of Death.

Until some other terminator unit comes along that can bring power weapon of choice with their storm shields, I think its fine as is.

Wolf Guard Terminators (C:SW) already can.

Also, really enjoying your take on terminators using the death masks and SG breastplates.  They look very appropriate for Angels of Death.

QFT

Thanks for the feedback!

I am currently working on revamping the shield. I've also had feedback on the weapon itself, that the halberd head doesn't lend itself too well to blood angels. Many like my dreadnought spear, so I decided to refit it with a double edged tip carved in plasticard.:gallery_71633_8409_56630.jpg

thoughts?

Reminds me more of a greatsword-type blade, which I personally like.  Actually, having huge, blunt-ish plasticard blades on long handled swords instead of spears would be a very versatile option.  Its blunt-ish, so more like a hammer.  Its a long blade, so suited to slashing like a sword.  And its long with a long handle, so could stab like a spear (especially if the tip was sharp).

My painting skills aren't up to par for this, but yours might be--Do some glowy object-source lighting from that tau disc.  I bet if you have the disc white or black and bronze, then do some heavy blue/green glow on it, it would look pretty slick.

Also, from the angle in that last picture it looks like the terminator could swing that shield around to bash someone in the face with the wingtip on the end.  Blood effect anyone?

If it looks too large, maybe flip it over?  Use the shield on the inside and wing on the outside.  You'd still have the texture on the bit showing, but it would be inside, you'd have to make a handle for it to go onto the hand.  It would look more scavenged/reverse-engineered that way too.

The Loota Pattern Missile launcher is really cool. Are those really loota bits, or is it a drop pod restraint system? Maybe put a back pack vent over the protrusions behind the shoulder pads.

It's loota inspired. That's a drop pod harness that is filled down to actually fit the marine. I will add backback vents, very good idea!

Archived