Wolf_Pack's Blood Angels - Conversions and Kit Bashes

Artificer-style armor + 40mm base + storm bolter and power fist arms = Terminator?  Just make sure you've got a crux on the shoulder and call it a day.  With the beef-up from the launcher bits, you should be about terminator profile too.

Artificer-style armor + 40mm base + storm bolter and power fist arms = Terminator?  Just make sure you've got a crux on the shoulder and call it a day.  With the beef-up from the launcher bits, you should be about terminator profile too.

I am actually thinking of making Centurion based on this. Thoughts guys?

That would also be good, but you'd need to craft a 50mm base (not terribly hard since you make all your bases anyway, just have to measure it out), and probably use a Terminator for the base model to build off of.

I was looking around for Centurion conversions actually, and Dave Taylor (has a very nifty blog for his adeptus mechanicus work) just posted his version, where he put worked the existing model a bit, moving the grav cannon to the shoulder.  That sounds about the same as you're thinking of, but with the base kit, so could be useful to look at for ideas.

Afraid your biggest issue will be bulking up the power armor/TDA to make it centurion size.  Those armors are BIG.

That would also be good, but you'd need to craft a 50mm base (not terribly hard since you make all your bases anyway, just have to measure it out), and probably use a Terminator for the base model to build off of.

I was looking around for Centurion conversions actually, and Dave Taylor (has a very nifty blog for his adeptus mechanicus work) just posted his version, where he put worked the existing model a bit, moving the grav cannon to the shoulder.  That sounds about the same as you're thinking of, but with the base kit, so could be useful to look at for ideas.

Afraid your biggest issue will be bulking up the power armor/TDA to make it centurion size.  Those armors are BIG.

We'll see. My buddy is buying some, so I will be able to study the kit a bit before it puts it together.

• 3 weeks later...

Little Timmy's background should be that he was a former Captain who used dual hammers, and when he got interred in a dreadnought, was all like "Finally got some artificer armor!"  Then when he fell to the black rage, changed that up to "TIMMY SMASH!"

That thing is epic in all kind of ways.  Totally legit for a Blood Angel to have something so completely over the top.

Very nice dreadnought conversions, certainly catering to my tastes for dreads, best I ever managed was a dual ghazkul handed dread with some armoured bits :)

Please excuse me for a dumb question if it is, but where did you get such perfectly sized hands and hammers for your dread conversion there ?

This is a black reach dread, who comes with a left power fist and right assault cannon. I cut oout the left power from my rifleman dread and glued it onto the evened out bottom of the assault cannon arm. It some cutting and file.work to get the surfaces smooth is all it it took.

Archived