Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

TITHI picked up the Volkite Culverin and NL etched brass from my local store after the manager brought it from Nottingham for me, and started typing up some of the notes I had for 'deviant' armies for the HH.

Today in the hobby, I finally broke my analysis paralysis on Betrayal at Calth by purchasing another set of Veteran Tac Marines from ebay to serve as extra Heavy/Special weapon bearers.

Hopefully this weekend I'll be picking up a second BaC box, fully boarding the Heresy Train and starting a 30k Word Bearers army... Then to just decide between Salamanders or Ultramarines (shocking, I know :ohmy.: ) as my next 30k project.

EDIT: I also went ahead and bought the Age of Darkness Army List book today.

Edited by Reldn

Today I have begun to dismantle and strip some more of the older minis that I have owned or acquired in the past.  

Today's chosen for the Stripping Chamber are: a metal Cypher (minus the plasma arm), a space marine 'Chaplain on Bike' chaplain, and a Tallarn Sergeant. 

The last components to get stripped where the 5 Deathwatch Helmets and Bolters from the 2001 Deathwatch minis.  Which sadly I cant include in an ETL as I just couldnt wait to paint them up.

Today in the hobby, I did manage to purchase another Betrayal at Calth box. First box will be assembled as per the game itself: Ultramarines vs Word Bearers. The second box will be pure Word Bearers. I also finally have all of the Marines from Deathwatch: Overkill assembled, and almost have the 6th, and final, Tac squad done for my Blood Drinkers.

TITH i got round to laying out my newly arrived epic bits. Instant SM army sans-painting. It is awesome epic.

given these technically are GW plastic and technically are codex eq marines reckon they'd count for ETL?

edit: teeteng i knew that list of yours was going to come in handy one day ;)

i was more than half joking anyway... 1st vow 3,000 points to the Imp Fist !!

Edited by paulJam

TITH i got round to laying out my newly arrived epic bits. Instant SM army sans-painting. It is awesome epic.

given these technically are GW plastic and technically are codex eq marines reckon they'd count for ETL?

epic didnt count last year, although I tracked the few that were painted in my model tracking

Just finished building the Volkite Culverin for my Contemptor. The Choom, it is real! Opened the NL etched brass and bent into shape some of the damaged pieces, had to tug apart some of the lightning templates since they hadn't been fully cut out, but they're okay now.

Dabbling with my work on updating the Battlescribe catalogue for the Age of the Emperor fandex and possibly doing 'historic inclusions' for the old Daemonhunter/Witchhunter codexes if that'd entertain anyone else as prone to armylisting syndrome as much as I am.

Edited by Viridia

I was notified of the arrival of a large package with "books". I thought it might be the Eisenhorn hardback collection I ordered last Friday but when I saw the packet it looked too flat to hold the case that comes with the three books. Opened up the box and remembered that I had ordered these little beauties:

gallery_45765_5904_384848.png

gallery_45765_5904_390694.png

I got two posters with the bundle, both double-sided: the first one has a huge inked map of the Badab Sector and on the other it has the colours of all Chapters involved in the Badab War. The other poster has Ancient Kleitor (by Karl Kopinski) on one side and a star map of the Badab Sector on the other.

All of that cost me

Today in the hobby, I worked out how many Sisters models I have to vow for ETL. It's a lot more than I thought. Of course, there's the time leading up to and during the event where I'll no doubt buy more. I think (assuming that I don't burn out or have real life issues like I did last year) it'll be my biggest vow yet (not quite on par with totals from previous ETL's though, but if I recall, my Rainbow Warriors from ETL II or III, totalled 1.8K! :laugh.: )

It will also be the start of my 1K per official GW Sisters Order project, not to mention the start of my second DIY Order...

Today, I forgot to bring my current project with me to work so I couldn't continue on my second Heresy tactical squad, but instead I began the sad yet necessary task of selling my IG. Trying my local group first, then I'll try a little further out, and then eBay, I guess. Would love to keep them, but my resin addiction needs more monies, yo.

TITHI continued the great despruing. I thought the end was in sight, but then I remembered the remains of my Betrayal at Calth box. That is gonna be dull as hell to sort. At least it'll be easy I guess.

Dragonlover

TITH I wrote my first (very)short story. I hope to keep adding to it as it will really explain a lot about the mindset and inner turmoil of the Dark Swords.

I was notified of the arrival of a large package with "books". I thought it might be the Eisenhorn hardback collection I ordered last Friday but when I saw the packet it looked too flat to hold the case that comes with the three books. Opened up the box and remembered that I had ordered these little beauties:

gallery_45765_5904_384848.png

gallery_45765_5904_390694.png

I got two posters with the bundle, both double-sided: the first one has a huge inked map of the Badab Sector and on the other it has the colours of all Chapters involved in the Badab War. The other poster has Ancient Kleitor (by Karl Kopinski) on one side and a star map of the Badab Sector on the other.

All of that cost me

Today in the hobby, I am preparing to order my first ever bits from Forge World. Thinking about getting some Mk. IV Pauldrons for my BaC Word Bearers and Ultramarines as well as some Phobos, and Umbra Ferrox pattern bolters to spruce up my squads a bit...Or, Go really crazy and purchase some Gal Vorbak or Ashen Circle instead. *laughs*

Today in the hobby, I am preparing to order my first ever bits from Forge World. Thinking about getting some Mk. IV Pauldrons for my BaC Word Bearers and Ultramarines as well as some Phobos, and Umbra Ferrox pattern bolters to spruce up my squads a bit...Or, Go really crazy and purchase some Gal Vorbak or Ashen Circle instead. *laughs*

And that's how they get you. Proof that BaC is the best gateway drug to pure FW resin.

And that's how they get you. Proof that BaC is the best gateway drug to pure FW resin.

*laughs* Well, they have me now it seems. 30 Word Bearer pauldrons and 1 10-pack each of Phobos and Umbra Ferrox pattern Bolters are heading my way!