Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

YITH I kept working on Kill-Team Cassius. Currently working on the Blood Angel, Space Wolf, Librarian and Ultramarine painting the silver arms. It's incredibly striking even at this early stage!

Nice! I can't wait to get started on mine... I want to make the rest as dark as possible to really make them pop. There's too much bling on these guys for my taste, so I'm looking at options to reduce the color palette and keep as much black and silver as I can. I don't really care for all the little bits of chapter iconography. 

I'm the other way, I'm going blingy as all hell with them! If they were an army i'd be more inclined to go starker, but as they are a small bunch of individuals I think it'll be fine :) Also, I always enjoy having more chances to paint gold now I've started using Kizzdoug's method - it looks amazing when done!

YITH I did some airbrush work on my Librarius Conclave force weapons, power packs and did some OSL on two Lascannon devastators. I am pretty happy with the Devastators but the force weapons could be better.

TITHI - Created an Ebay account and purchased a painted Iron Hands Ironclad, the Deathwatch Iron Hand and put in a bid on a pair of painted (Black) Ironclads.

I also worked on my army list for the London Wargaming 40K Tournament.

Today in the hobby, I was given a second chance on a failed ebay bid. Needless to say I took up on it. That's now about forty or fifty additional Sisters to paint, not including the vehicles etc from a while back... :blink.:

Today in the hobby, I was given a second chance on a failed ebay bid. Needless to say I took up on it. That's now about forty or fifty additional Sisters to paint, not including the vehicles etc from a while back... :blink.:

Your house must be a shrine to the Ecclesiarchy and the Adeptus Sororitas. Do we need to stage an intervention, frater? :tongue.:

Your house must be a shrine to the Ecclesiarchy and the Adeptus Sororitas. Do we need to stage an intervention, frater? :tongue.:

Not yet. I won't consider my Sisters kick finished with until I get 1K points for every GW offical Order on top of my two (soon to be three DIY Orders)... :laugh.:

Don't worry, the more Sisters Aquilanus buys, the more I have to shoot ;)

I actually got back to 40K for the first time in almost a year. Deathwatch: Overkill has me super excited, even if, heretically, it's for the Genestealer Cultists. I have no use for another ten overly ornate, monopose midget Space Marines. Sadly, I can't post anything about them on the project log here, but the article (and pictures) is up on my blog.

I might be tempted to convert some Counts-As Marines to represent all the different characters, though.

TITH I started primering/base coating some Myrmidon Destructors to use as counts-as Kataphron Breachers/Destroyers (they just look more appealing to me).

Okay TodayITH, I scrapped my previous painting idea - red primer with brush-painted metals - as wwaayy too time consuming, and reversed it - red primer, brushed nickel base spray on everything, then hand painting the red bits. Much faster - I got 4 models almost fully base coated in the time it took me to barely start doing it the other way.

Tith I worked on filthy xenos because I ended up with so many...

Also posted pics of my sword brethren terminators in the bt forum finally. I have 5 more to build from another death wing box plus the 11 from space hulk. ... so many terminators...

TITH my mostly refined but incomplete Emperor's Champion stared at me like "What the hell dude?"  Again.

To which I had no answer.  Again.

are you sure he didn't say "Where's the zeal dude?"

TITH i got a couple of Epic Warhounds... finally my mini-marines have backup!

Today in the hobby I received my second pack of mk iv assault marines from FW. BOTH packs (bought years apart) had 6 left arms and 4 right arms! What are the chances? Hoping maybe some other unlucky frater out there has 12 right arms and 8 left arms...:no:

Today in the hobby, I worked some more on assembling the Deathwatch: Overkill minis. Also, reading some more through Horus Heresy: Massacre...and I am really starting to consider a 30k era Salamanders army.

Edited by Reldn

TITH I threw together a proof of concept for the flamers used by my Imperial Fists Support Squads. Pretty sure I saw someone do this before somewhere (Veteran Sergeant maybe?) but I don't remember who.

http://i.imgur.com/eD5jpmW.jpg

Also tried to prime some. Then it started to rain. Oh, Seattle, how I love thee, but thy weather patterns really piss me off sometimes.