Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

YITH I finally found an easy, great looking way to paint skin. Only took me about 15 years. I don't even know who I am anymore :tongue.:

How rude. Recipe, dude. And I JUST bought three paints for skin, so your recipe better consist of Ratskin Flesh, Reikland Fleshshade and Kislev Flesh. You are allowed to throw in Pallid Wych Flesh and/or Screaming Skull and white, of course. 

Or just tell me what you actually did before I paint all my Deathwatch dudes. I'm so used to pale Raven Guard skin at this point I've lost touch. 

Unfortunately my mate doesn't have time. And it's just shy of ten vows. If I ever run out of models in my collection I'll start in on his.

Dragonlover

Utter mental block :lol: Good plan that... Or mine for that matter!!

Today, I've been re-organising my hobby space... Feeling good!

TITH finished my Dominion squad so now I have 2 complete sisters squads for Killteam and finished my 8 man Scions squad for another kill-team.  Going to work on some Terrain for the rest of today and maybe move on into something else later tonight.

TITH I used my new airbrush for the first time and was amazed at how fast a huge pile of grey soldiers received a base coat and highlights.  Then I managed to break off the microscopic threaded tip on my .35 tip and narrowly avoided a rage by swapping to my alternate .5 tip.  

A day of great highs and lows!

Today, I finally finished the green edging for my Laernean Terminators for my HH Alphas, so I can continue on to cleaning them up and starting the metals. Who had the bright idea to edge in two separate green colors? Oh, right, that'd be me. Carry on.

TITH I realized that my love for the metal Scouts models are tempered by the PAIN IN THE :censored: it takes to paint all that detail. So, one demi-squad for each type (Bolter, Shotgun, Sniper, Ninja ... and that's because I actually own all that metal).  Any more models goes to plastic.

I also decided to magnetize the LS Storm.

Hmm.  Maybe I also realized I just *need* to punish myself for the hobby.

YITH I finished a second 10 man squad of city fighting catachans and 4/5 of their platoon command squad. I also assembled melta vets with berets (from the MT kit) and began dry brushing their chimera.

I also settled on my first of 3 ETL projects: praetorian rough riders. Pictures to follow (they're in my gallery, but posting from phone is a pain).

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_11843/med_gallery_69131_11843_61069.jpeg

Edited by Cap'm Heckus

TITHI... signed up for my first tournament. Only 750 points and need to decide which army to take.

Choices are:

Grey Knights

Space Wolves

Deathwing

Blood Angels (but not too many of these)

Imperial Knight + padding from the above.

Decisions decisions....

Take them all!! Allied detachments, you know you want to ;)

TItHI am back offshore and trying to get my half-done Wolves finished. They got pretty banged up, so while waiting for glue to arrive, I made a quick start on this bad boy!!

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb456/dantay_xv/20160331_090844.jpg

He has been intimidating me for ages and I keep promising to buy the FW paints, but never getting to it. 

I have 3 weeks on this tub, so thought, why not make a start?

Every Horus I have seen is pale grey of the Luna Wolves or Black because he has turned. I thought I would try something different. In False Gods, when Horus is considered to be arond the zenith of his powers, he goes to Davin to put down the insurrection there. He presents himself in the sea green plate of his legion with a regal purple cloak.

So that is what I am shooting for. Hopefully I can do the model justice.

My idea is that if I he can be both loyalist Horus or traitor Horus (early heresy, before putting on the black terminator suit gifted to him by the dark mechanicum).

TITH I realized that my love for the metal Scouts models are tempered by the PAIN IN THE :censored: it takes to paint all that detail. So, one demi-squad for each type (Bolter, Shotgun, Sniper, Ninja ... and that's because I actually own all that metal).  Any more models goes to plastic.

Having just painted a bunch of the plastics, in addition to the metals, I can tell you that I prefer the metals. Both are a pain in the ass, but the plastics are fugly as hell. Ugly heads, arms fit poorly, poor moulding on the arms etc, and they have just as much detail. The scout bikers were much nicer.

I swapped out all the heads on mine which made them more acceptable, but painting scouts of all varieties is still pennance.

A bit late to the party on this one, but, today in the hobby I finally purchased the Terminator Chaplain. Thankfully in metal and not finecast.

YITH I finally found an easy, great looking way to paint skin. Only took me about 15 years. I don't even know who I am anymore :tongue.:

How rude. Recipe, dude. And I JUST bought three paints for skin, so your recipe better consist of Ratskin Flesh, Reikland Fleshshade and Kislev Flesh. You are allowed to throw in Pallid Wych Flesh and/or Screaming Skull and white, of course. 

Or just tell me what you actually did before I paint all my Deathwatch dudes. I'm so used to pale Raven Guard skin at this point I've lost touch. 

You're in luck! I used to base flesh with Bugman's Glow, wash with Fleshshade and highlight up, but hated how dark the recesses look. So I just based with Cadian Fleshtone instead. You do need a few coats, but washing that with Fleshwash, re-highlighting with Cadian and then a final highlight with Kislev works so nicely I can't believe I didn't try it before. It's the simple solutions that work the best! If you base with Kislev it'll be a bit lighter, but you can highlight with Pallid Wych for a paler tone.