Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

I've been travelling for work the last few days, and staying at my partner's house rather than mine... and there's nothing to paint in the evenings.

I'm mentally planning projects for next year once I've finished my Repulsor and Whirlwind, but not having some hobby to do to de-stress is... well... stressing me a bit.

TITH I played a teaching game of Kill Team for a guy who's getting into the hobby. I did a quick write up about it here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/332882-what-have-your-raven-guard-done-lately/?p=5435523

pbWDB98h.jpg

Experimented with doing a more advanced base than sand+basecoat+drybrush for the first time ever. Tried to go for a industrial sort of look, with a pipe going along the panels and a blue wire following along it. Very simple stuff, and I did not manage to get the steel/panel floor look going as well as I would have liked. I suspect I need to make bigger rivets into the card.

D481f58.jpg?1

No painting today due to being too busy getting stuff for work, but I did start planning my future Sisters project (I'm stealing 30k EC colors basically), downloading some "cold gold" NMM videos because I feel like my NMM is too bright, ordered the Scale 75 gold NMM paint set (I want to experiment with the range before I decide to go all in on their line, and they have good consistency for glazes so the paints may be up my alley).

Basically a lot was accomplished, but none of it was painting.

Yesterday in the hobby I purchased a Primaris Chaplain because I'm been neglecting 40k in exchange for Blood Bowl. My Lizardman team just require some static grass and I'm good to go. I'll paint up my Chaplain beside the next Blood Bowl team so I can swap between the two as I feel like it.

Started work on kitbashing a few items form the Sisters of Battle Box.

I alreday owned three of the old pewter Penitent Engines so I kitbashed the one in the box into a Mortifier. 

Kitbash 2

I also swapped some body parts and equipment between the Canoness and the Repentia Superior because I think they look more like the people that they should be this way.

Kitbash

TITH I’ve sort of returned after a six month hiatus due to life. I picked up a Phobos captain and been trying to catch up on what I’ve missed these last few months. I’ll probably get back fully into the hobby after Christmas and in the new year. 

Last week ITH I hosted a bunch a friends for a few days hobbying. Laid out my Imperial offering sans Custodes for a family photo;

Awesome and thank you for understanding that only painted models count in a showcase lol  Some people don't realise that waves of plastic doesn't count.  

I worked out a hold recipe I like by looking at how traditional painters do it, and then copying it.

Doombull Brown, Yriel Yellow and Skull White paired with a couple steps of mixing between each color.

WIP from my phone:

NBmUW4l.jpg

And yes, that is Celestine in royal purple power armour.

And my next step is obviously to work on blending the colors more smoothly. But the rough gives a pretty solid idea of what it looks like.

Edited by Fulkes

Tried using the Mordant Earth texture paint over a warpstone glow/moot green paint layer. It looks like it will product a suitably spooky effect. I think it might work well for Necrons. I can't discuss what it will be used for but it reminds me to look for unusual applications for paints and other stuff. As an Ork collector I should remember that and be a bit more creative. :)