Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

TITH I finished my Aradia Madellan. Planning on having her accompany some Scions for the tasty +1 to hit (if the psychic power goes off).

0fregO6.jpg

I kinda want an Aradia, because she's a neat sculpt, but the only use I'd have for a Primaris Psyker is to lead some Sisters of Silence (only makes sense from a rules standpoint, Primaris Psykers are the only HQ which shares a non-Imperium faction keyword with Sisters of Silence).

TITH I've gotten a lot of painting done on my last 6 man squad for Call of Chaos.

I also think I'm onto something for my Night Lords Berzerkers:
SMGMNHl.jpg

Because I don't like those old, goofy looking helmets at all for normal troopers. But..... On Night Lords Berzerkers.... It gives them the silhouette of the Khorne Berzerker's caedere remissum helmets.

Edited by Gederas

Kinda ironic that your yellow is one of the most bright I've seen for IF when you wanted him to look less bright. :D

The battledamage looks nice though. ;)

He's mostly Averland Sunset, with some Daemonette Hude mixed in to push some shadows and a little Yriel Yellow for the strongest light source. Whole thing was then given a thin glaze of Yriel Yellow to smooth it out.

It's definitely still unmistakably yellow, but it's not as strong as some schemes I've done in the past.

Edited by Fulkes

TITH I got some more painting done on my Night Lords squad. I also came up with an interesting idea for a themed board:

It's a Zone Mortalis board, that's the inside of a museum in the Imperium of Man, with 'scale statues' made from Adeptus Titanicus and Aeronatica Imperialis models, and 'full-sized statues' that are regular scale 40k models. So there's fighting in and amongst the statues, commemorating battles (I was thinking one area would have several AT Titans and Knights battling, recreating a battle from the Heresy) or people (like a "full-sized Primarch").

I kind of want to do this now, but the hard part will be building the board (the easy part will be the models and walls :lol:), as I don't think foam board will be good as a "base" material for what's supposed to be an indoors structure?

TITH, I did my first 'tau thing'. It's a thing... It was fun, now I gotta choose a base.

gallery_107230_14721_17839.jpg

The airbrushed parts look great but you skipped on a lot of details unfortunately.

I prefer my mecha to look clean and that means minimizing the effects of the greebles and superfluous details, SFpanzer.  Ain't nothing unfortunate about it as I'm happy with the uniform look and frankly don't care :tongue.:

Thanks Fulkes, I'll admit, a lot of this was just me toying with inks through an airbrush and seeing what I could do on an angular model. 

*it's also just the 40K version of my Frank Miller-esque Warcry Corvus warband which uses greyscale and red spot colours, so while I cheated with the slight blue tint, it's what I was going for. 

Edited by Vykes

How many times have you bought that model man? :laugh.:

Like..... Wow.

The model looks cool though!

Thanks! If it makes it any better, I didn't buy it this time - somebody gifted it to me! ^^

It does make it better.... But isn't that like your third Alpharius model? :lol:

Spent about two and a half hours last night painting a face and habit Not 100% sure if I need to go a touch darker on the shadows on the left side of her face or not.

mwxORyQ.png

Still a ways to go but I'm trying to work on capturing light in my paint jobs.

Edited by Fulkes

The Repulsor hull is taking longer than expected. Today I spent a good three hours touching up the black after getting the metalwork totally done yesterday, then blocked out all the white areas with a couple of coats of pale grey, and started drybrushing some highlights into the black.

This evening has been the turning point though. Before, it looked ugly after multiple rounds of drybrushing and washes, whereas now, those effects are confined to where they need to be, and look great, with everything else nice and neat.