Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Went into my overdraft because it turns out eBay take a while to take payment. D'oh.

But I did buy 2nd ed Imperial Guard and Angels of Death, hardback Leviathan, nine books (mostly WFB including Champions of Chaos and AoS grand order Chaos), 6th Imperial Knights, Planetary Onslaught, 40k Rogue Trader for a tenner, and limited edition Codex Eldar (7th? I think) for a fiver.

Most interested in Rogue Trader of course. Completionism and all that.

Edited by DBadger

I packed up my hobby stuff and models because we are buying our first house. I'm stoked to be able to have a hobby room at last!

That is the perfect time for a bar/mini fridge to magically appear to put in the hobby room. :whistling:

Edited by MegaVolt87

TITH I finished Necropolis - really solid read, and pretty intense and emotional in places.

Given I've been travelling for work this week, and so away from my collection, I've been having a bit of a think about my New Year goals more. I've been flipping back and forth for ages with different ideas - Land Raiders, tanks but not Land Raiders, truescale Terminators, truescale Grimaldus, going against my earlier decision to use as few Phobos marines as possible etc etc etc.

Well, I think I've finally settled on a plan. The Predator I picked up cheap earlier in the week will be the last tank for a while, then I'll work on upgrading all my bases. Right now they're all a fairly basic dirt with black edges. I think I want brown grass tufts, patches of snow and some ruins on some of my larger bases. If I'm feeling motivated, I'll do all the edges in beige, too.

TITH I officially filled an entire Ikea Billy bookcase with codices.

Until I get a bigger place, they're not really in the order I'd like them, just what would fit best.

P4QN7wm.jpg?1

Shelf 1: 1st to 5th editions; Apocalypse 4th sits above them

SPOT THE ODD ONE OUT ^^

rxxs2zS.jpg?1

Shelf 2: 6th and 7th edition codices

AkxGW8r.jpg?1

Shelf 3: 6th and 7th edition rulebooks, campaigns and special editions

sjfUFSN.jpg?1

Shelf 4: 6th and 7th ed overspills, dust-covered specials like Clan Raukaan, WFB books, AoS books, and misc GW books

Y4XxfOv.jpg?1

Shelf 5: 8th edition, Imperial Armour, and some White Dwarfs (there are many more WDs on the floor...)

8th ed has the least because I refuse to pay more than a tenner including postage for them.

Edited by DBadger

TITH I finished my Brothers Christmas present.

Got to try and get round to edge highlighting bigger models but I keep messing it up and reverting to the dry.

20191219_113900.jpg

20191219_113909.jpg?width=793&height=595

20191219_113905.jpg?width=793&height=595

20191219_113920.jpg?width=793&height=595

Edited by Black_Knight

As part of my base upgrade project, I laid my whole army out so I could work through them, and it occurred to me that I haven't posted a photo of all of them together yet. Photos on one of my nice cameras, rather than on my phone will follow once complete.

7Olotwp.jpg

TITHI... Blew the dust off my repaintening thread, with some recent army pics and a new Tactical Squad.

"Repaintening" - I like it (awesome work, by the way). Maybe I'll have to rename my current project to "the rebasening" in homage.

tithi saw my nephews face when he ripped the wrapping off of his first tank (predator), then had to tell him i hadn't brought the glue or tools round, his joy turned to sorrow as fast as buying a new ferrarri and immediately crashing it, but only until i told him we could build it and paint it on boxing day:biggrin.:

TITH, I...

...Got the drybrush step done on my unfinished Raven Guard...

...Picked up some used old-school Possessed (think Dawn of War and earlier) to serve as the first full Gal Vorbak squad of my Word Bearers...

...Picked up three Flamers of Tzeentch and a solid two 5-man squads of old Plague Marines in the same lot...

...Half-finished my Primaris Vordin Krayn in Phobos Armor...

...Accidentally'd myself into a weird xenotech-using Tzeentch Warpsmith...

...Discovered my Chaos is about to pass 3500 points and that I've got about 6500 points total of stuff.

Lots of fun today, even though I had work.

EDIT: Ooh, just did some research! Yeah, I'm rocking Possessed made from Chaos Marines and the Chaos Mutation sprue - that ancient sprue that the Possessed parts in Dawn of War are off of.

Edited by Zephaniah Adriyen

TITH I finished moving, and tomorrow I'll start the long process of getting my hobby space set up.

Probably need some kind of drop cloth though as the new place is mostly carpet.

I've got a sprt of hobby challengw set up with a fellow hobbyist on Twitter for both of us to paint Mephiston and I'm jumping into this year's Everchosen a lot earlier by starting work on a Keeper of Secrets after that.

So hobby planning looka good at least.