Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

TITH I failed my mini hobby goal. I made some good progress on the Custodes terminators but didn’t complete them in the week timeframe I set. Leather, gems, grenade launcher casing and gold highlights still remain. Spent a little while on the power weapons tonight, pretty happy with them given I sketched these and didn’t do any real blending.

eoPWHt6l.jpg

tbeSs23.jpgl

They look great, why did you want to give yourself just a week?

YITH I played the last of four games in 24 hours - three combat patrols against Ultramarines on Friday night, and then a full 2000 points versus Grey Knights on Saturday.

Based on all that, I'm enjoying the new missions - the mission format, terrain and the new army selection constraints seem to be the thing that makes the biggest difference in 9th. The rules changes around combat and so on feel less important.

TITH I failed my mini hobby goal. I made some good progress on the Custodes terminators but didn’t complete them in the week timeframe I set. Leather, gems, grenade launcher casing and gold highlights still remain. Spent a little while on the power weapons tonight, pretty happy with them given I sketched these and didn’t do any real blending.

eoPWHt6l.jpg

tbeSs23.jpgl

They look great, why did you want to give yourself just a week?

My wife is pregnant with our second. Approx 6 - 8 weeks until painting time is a non starter so I wanted to get my custodies repaint project completed before D-Day. I still have 12 bikes and 6 FW terminators to do after these are completed. Wish me luck!

Edit: And thank you by the way! I Really find these custodies come together quickly when I set my mind to it. 

Edited by MrSpoon

TITH I mucked about with painting yellow using purple to underpaint. I actually think this is the most natural I've managed to make shading on yellow look.

E6FCi5w.png

And just for fun, here's a B&W that I took as a value check:

LrGJROm.png

After taking the second one, I actually went back again and added some more glazes of the lighter yellow to the top of his thigh to help pop the color some more.

I'm joining a lot of you in making the first steps assembling and doing a little light conversion work on the Indomitus stuff. As per regulations, anyone who wants to take their helmet off in my army has to wear their face covering!

Indomitus A

Indomitus B

Indomitus C

I decided to fuse the Chaplain and Judiciar into one cooler Chaplain, so he fits the aesthetic of the Trenchcoat Primaris Chaplain a little more closely. It's a bit of a hassle modifying these ETB kits, and it took a fair bit of cutting and filing to make them mesh together; but I don't think either of them were going to find their way into my lists much anyway, so I figured it wasn't a big loss if I screwed up.

Built a bunch of Assault Intercessors tonight, and they're probably my new favourite model. I've become adept at swapping guns, because I wanted the plasma pistol pose with a bolt pistol on the model.

I also finally put my finger on something that has been nagging me for a while- The original Intercessors and Hellblasters I have from Dark Imperium look way cooler than the multi-part Intercessors I got later, somehow. And I just realised why: Tassets.

It's a very subtle distinction but somehow makes all the difference. All the Assault Intercessors have them, and it looks great.

TITH I finished the Walls and Columns finished of one of the two Zone Mortalis Columns and Walls I picked up on Friday. Just need to do the doors of it, and then the other kit.

I also managed to be one of the lucky thousand to get the Night Lords Collector's Edition set. :yes:

Finally finished assembling, converting, partially basing and priming my Indomitus box set.

Yesterday I spend all day getting the Necrons together until late at night- I completely was "in the zone" and did not even realize how the time flew past.

I separated the miniatures into three groups-

I have them now neatly arranged in my display cabinet- Bladeguard, characters and Primaris gunners went up on my "loyalist" shelf,

converted bikes and assault marines went on my "traitor shelf"

and well, for the Necrons I am making up a new "Xenos shelf".

:p

Now I need to get all these guys painted.... :p

My resolution is not to buy anything else until I get the majority of these ready... let's see how that one goes.... :p

Necron-assembled.jpg

Loyalist-shelf.jpg

Traitor-Shelf.jpg

Today in the hobby I returned. From a short break. Almost 2 years

Say, I remember you, though I can’t exactly remember from where. Welcome back, brother deathspectersgt7!

Edited by Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

TITH I got the first set of bases for my outriders ready to prime:

dJALFYWh.jpg

I'm assuming that is DAS clay with a GSW roller? May I ask how you got the edge so smooth? Mine always come out a bit more "rustic" even using the GSW cookie cutter thing.