Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

TiTHI finished working on my Skitarii Raider cavalry. Praise the Omnissiah, I haven't snapped anything off them while painting.

IMG 20200820 181359

IMG 20200820 181416

IMG 20200820 181430

IMG 20200820 181529

IMG 20200820 181546

IMG 20200820 181559

Youtube video of the models on a turntable for funsies. 

Let me know what you think. :)

TITH my Typhon was delivered, very nice sculpt I rate it 8.5/10, considering its sister chassis the Spartan was a nudged 7/10 in overal quality I had prior. Mabye even 9/10 as the gap filling I predict to be minimal with liquid greenstuff.

I'm planning on getting one of those for my Dark Angels (along with the Spartan and Cerberus).

Hopefully it goes together smoothly :lol:

If you don't have a glaive already, I would get that instead of a Cerberus for DA. Glaive in DA colours + heraldry would look gorgeous.

TITH my Typhon was delivered, very nice sculpt I rate it 8.5/10, considering its sister chassis the Spartan was a nudged 7/10 in overal quality I had prior. Mabye even 9/10 as the gap filling I predict to be minimal with liquid greenstuff.

I'm planning on getting one of those for my Dark Angels (along with the Spartan and Cerberus).

Hopefully it goes together smoothly :laugh.:

If you don't have a glaive already, I would get that instead of a Cerberus for DA. Glaive in DA colours + heraldry would look gorgeous.

That requires the Glaive to be in stock.... :lol:

TITH I'm spending a bit of time painting, but more of my time was spent working out a backstory for my army for Crusade. And now I've got a thread for them in the Sisters subforum (Order of Our Weeping Lady).

Spend a small fortune on new paints at the local Games Workshop because some of the paints I had been keeping for the past 15 years appear to have dried out / transformed into lumpy unmanageable goo and desperately needed replacing.

Now the supplies are restocked, I really hope I can motivate myself to actually get some more painting done.

No more excuses.

And no more models to be bought before more progress has been made on what is sitting on my shelves. 

Today I assembled Typhus without those flies to make it possible to paint! Ordered basing supplies online; Stirland Mud, flock, stones and tuft. That should be everything to get my armies completed!

Today I spent two hours looking through my different bits boxes and parts containers to find the parts to finally do my UM Techmarine,  I could not find the master crafted power sword for my metal terminator Captain so I jury rigged a plastic arm with power sword from spare Captain plastic partsI also  fixed the terminator chaplain.  VBG   I also found some metal melta blasters and plasma guns that I am looking to sell on Ebay.   I will sell 20 of my metal terminators too.     I still have at least 15 plastic terminators on the sprue in their boxes.    Need to finish my UM Fifth company and then work on the Fourth company.   I have a lot of plastic stuff to do before I start on the Primaris figures.    I am a very slow painter.      :wallbash:

TITH, I finished building the wolf guard pack, finishing all assembly for my current SW. I did some cutting and gluing to make sure my TWC could all have TH/SS as well.

I was planning on priming some, but it was too humid. I did manage to prime something for AoS, as well as some Dark Vengeance deathwing terminators and some Hellblasters for some Angels of Absolution.

TITH I finished a three day job of building sub assemblies for the Triumph of Saint Katherine.

Still mulling over color choices to go with the lore (and thinking I may shift my color choices a bit to match the Order of the Weeping Lady backstory I thunk up). The first 50PL is the other thing I'm trying to narrow down for my Crusade but it all fills up fast and with wargear changes coming in October there is a lot of waffling on wargear on my part.

Finished the conversion of the three boring Easy to Build Intercessors into vicious sadistic space pirates. I just LOVE doing these, it adds character and I enjoy making up cool background stories for them

Flayers-new.jpg

Plus did some more work on my Indomitus Necrons

Necrons-WIP-1.jpg

TITH I took inventory of my pile of shame. Split up into the groups it'll be batched in:

• 5 Assault Intercessors PAINTING WIP
  • 5 Assault Intercessors
  • Marshal
  • Predator
  • 3 Bladeguard, Ancient, Castellan
  • 3 Outriders
  • 3 Eradicators
  • 6 Sisters with storm bolters
  • 3 Sisters Superior, Sister, Cherub
  • Imagifier TO BUILD
  • Exorcist BUILDING
  • 5 Terminators TO STRIP
  • 5 Terminators TO STRIP
  • 5 Assault Terminators TO STRIP

TITH I took inventory of my pile of shame. Split up into the groups it'll be batched in:

• 5 Assault Intercessors PAINTING WIP
  • 5 Assault Intercessors
  • Marshal
  • Predator
  • 3 Bladeguard, Ancient, Castellan
  • 3 Outriders
  • 3 Eradicators
  • 6 Sisters with storm bolters
  • 3 Sisters Superior, Sister, Cherub
  • Imagifier TO BUILD
  • Exorcist BUILDING
  • 5 Terminators TO STRIP
  • 5 Terminators TO STRIP
  • 5 Assault Terminators TO STRIP

That isn't bad, your doing good keeping that pile low. I have about that in just basic marines, let's not talk about the wolves, tau, eldar, tyranids and sweet Emperor, the terrain, I have to paint.