Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

YITH - Got eight of the old necron warriors pieced together. I'd have more but seems that the heads are made of flubber and are glue resistant because every, single, head kept bouncing off the table and launching itself a few feet for only an two inch drop...

At least this is a mostly vehicle army so I won't have to deal with this too much.

*looks at ghost ark sprues*

+angry machine noises+

TITH/YITH, I finished magnetizing with all options and primed 2 sabre tanks for my 1st Legion.

I also got the red basecoat for ~15 WB CSM and about 20 models for HH.

Will be continuing to work on and finish some models for my classic SM SW army this evening.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

TITH I put together a box of Inceptors and snagged the SM half of Indomitus on eBay. I made the choice to go White Scars recently and the box gets a lot of mileage out of the WS doctrine and abilities. The Inceptors took hours to build, as I'm picky about mould lines and cleaning up the plastic. I'm not quite sure how to actually paint them now - they'll get primed and painted before the flying bases get glued on, but until then there isn't a great place to stand them up or hold them while ensuring complete coverage.

Today in the Hobby I had the Warhammer equivalent of finding that awesome band T-shirt you thought you lost/a wad of money underneath your mattress. While searching for the Slaanesh half Wrath & Rapture for a friend, I found out I didn't have it. I did find out, however, that the Knight Paladin I built yesterday isn't alone. Not one, but TWO Knights were hiding beneath boxes:

EsNn4Io.jpg

Edited by Gederas

I drilled a hole into the inceptor, embedded a 2mm magnet, then glued a 3mm magnet to that.

Then built up 2mm in the flight stand socket, then a 3mm on top of that. 2mm/3mm on each side there holds them quite well, and they can be removed from the stand. I tried gluing them once and I gave up that nonsense pretty quickly.

For painting, you can probably just use a paperclip pin and place it somewhere out of sight.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

YITH I made some progress on 10 incursors. I'm not sold on the green effect on the Geordi La Forge style eye lenses. I'm open to suggestions but I'm thinking of going orange. 

Next up, ultra matte varnish, metallics and then some edge highlighting. 

20 complete

10 WIP

95 Remaining 

ALyc4ZT.jpg

Brothers wonderful work!    Wish I could paint my UM figures that nicely.

Ok this week I built and painted 5 more UM assault marines for my 4th Company.    Added ammo pouches, grenades and purity seals.     Added their shoulder pad emblems from Shapeways  shipment I got a few months ago.     Have to do some touch up paint work then they go with their squad mates off of my desk so I can do 6 tactical squads for Fourth company.    

I have not finished with part of my command squad for my UM Fifth company.    :wallbash:   For some reason it is taking forever.    

The last thing I have only the last 20 pages of HH Siege of Terror Book #4 to finish.     It took only 3 days so far to read 520 pages.    Non stop action at times.   Great book!  :thumbsup: :smile.:  :yes:  

Edited by Redrandy93

TITH I’m continuing to spam this thread. assault intercessors matte varnished in my lunch break and then golds applied this evening along with a few other tweaks. Silvers, guns EH, Purity seals and leather EH to be completed tomorrow. 

Hang on. You varnish, then paint in the golds?

This is one of those ideas so simple I feel like an idiot for not thinking of it before! Looks great.

TITH I’m continuing to spam this thread. assault intercessors matte varnished in my lunch break and then golds applied this evening along with a few other tweaks. Silvers, guns EH, Purity seals and leather EH to be completed tomorrow. 

Hang on. You varnish, then paint in the golds?

This is one of those ideas so simple I feel like an idiot for not thinking of it before! Looks great.

Exactly this. I’m enjoying using the ultra matte varnish on the body and then making a very basic TMM effect on the golds. The contrast between the two is quite striking.

Today’s effort. Sadly I think I went a bit OTT with the washes and I’ve left some staining on the pads. A little matte varnish may knock it back down, but I think I’m going to just have to live with it. 

2mAsQOv.jpg

YiTH I finished working on my first Ironstrider Ballistarii and started working on an Ork Mega Dread. Pictures likely to be following soon.

Soon. 

IMG 20200902 074051

IMG 20200902 074108

IMG 20200902 074123

IMG 20200902 074136

Fiddly plastic model.

IMG 20200902 074623

IMG 20200902 074655

Fiddly resin model.

Edited by Magos Takatus

TITH I made my break from 40k official: I'll come back to the game when the whole thing is more stable and less changes are rolling out every other month shaking up the core system. Like sometime after the new year.

In the mean time I'm working on Blood Bowl. Good way to work on painting skin and do small groups of models.

The more I dig into it the more I'd like to see GW eventually do a 40k version. Even as a one-off box between the Imperium and Orks would be cool.

TITH I made my break from 40k official: I'll come back to the game when the whole thing is more stable and less changes are rolling out every other month shaking up the core system. Like sometime after the new year.

In the mean time I'm working on Blood Bowl. Good way to work on painting skin and do small groups of models.

The more I dig into it the more I'd like to see GW eventually do a 40k version. Even as a one-off box between the Imperium and Orks would be cool.

I painted three teams for Blood Bowl recently as a break from 40k and it was a real palate cleanser. I enjoyed the small model counts and the simpler models to paint (Since Admech are fiddly and I'm a glutton for punishment that put camo on my Orks).

Have fun and we hope to see you posting 40k stuff again soon. :)

I painted three teams for Blood Bowl recently as a break from 40k and it was a real palate cleanser. I enjoyed the small model counts and the simpler models to paint (Since Admech are fiddly and I'm a glutton for punishment that put camo on my Orks).

Have fun and we hope to see you posting 40k stuff again soon. :smile.:

Thanks! I'll still be around, just less active for a while is all.

In light of the eventual release of the lion, TITH I decided to set out all my painted dark angels infantry. There's a lot and most were painted before I joined the B&C. I'm going to post squad pictures in my thread for posterity.

The army shot can be seen here.

gallery_141590_15192_243417.jpg