Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

YITH I packed up my original UM army after selling it in pieces on ebay. It was the first time I have ever sold models with absolutely no feeling of regret. 

I was really surprised how much people will pay for mediocre paint jobs (they were my first ever minis and I am no artist). 

Yesterday in the hobby I managed to buy 2 boxes of genestealer cult dice on a 40K loot page on Facebook. Should be here Wednesday. TITH I ordered some mechanicus grey spray paint and my deathwatch dice, cards and codex supplement turned up. 

Plague Surgery with pin vices, microbeads and LGS. I want to diversify the Blightlords a bit, because you get a lot of duplication otherwise. I plan to do up a whole batch of plain Mk.IV pauldrons with rust-holes and buboes to be sure I have enough for all my plaguemarines even if I decide to skip the more outlandish ones in the kit. Magnetizing combi-weapons while I have the drill bits out.

Desk pic:

14rA6J5.jpg

TiTHI received my copy of Blood Bowl from the courier (He arrived while I was brushing my teeth, how inconvenient!)

BBseason2

Sadly this means the 40k side of the hobby might end up on the backburner. I haven't undercoated my Pteraxii because I'm terrified I'm going to break them. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_idMHfHfyT4

I've got such a love/hate relationship with Adeptus Mechanicus models. They look astounding when finished but the painting stage can be painful...

Today in the hobby I finished a five and a half month journey painting this heldrake!

gallery_62155_11151_281514.jpg

It was dark when I finished which is why the photo isn't the best, I'll have to wait until next weekend to take better photos, so keep an eye out for it in the Hall of Honours over in the forge!

So I'm kind of back. Finally starting to get back into the swing of things now that I've worked out some of my strange hang ups (I honestly think I've adopted too much of a competetive mindset which has pushed me to worry too much about optimizing things and picking armies with decent to good rules that I'd have fun playing, while trying to pair them with paint schemes I like. Basically I was being a dolt).

So I'm dipping my toe back in and trying to pick something I like the look of and the lore of and work out how to put that on the table.

Edited by Fulkes

Friday, I trimmed a resin Karamazov off the sprue, but I got a little paranoid and overwhelmed with all the flash. 

Then I went out and got a new knife kit, and actually found my files. Still thought it would be a good idea to work my way up to it, so on Saturday, I built Kyria Draxus and a Zoat and started building five Deathwatch marines- the four regular marines are legs, torsos and bases; the sergeant's torso is still separate so I can paint the inside of the cape more easily. Today I built Greyfax, and then I felt ready.

So the throne's legs are together; the throne torso is mostly assembled; Karamazov himself just needs his arms. He needs to be painted in sub-assemblies, so I dont want to go too much further. Sorry no pics- background is kind of an issue. Will have pics soon.

This morning I dug out the Marine half of the Indomitus box and I'll be assembling it after work while watching Helsreach.

I sometimes hate collecting DW, it took me two days to finish just the Outriders, Dam you solid shoulder pads!