Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

TITH I got my Assault Intercessors, I rarely gush over models but the bare heads are amazing. Beautifully scaled so they look like they fit in the helmets and full of character with two lots of ten seperate designs. The powerfist assembly is fantastic and so is are the legs doing away with the seperate parts to the front of the greeves.

Easily my favourite Primaris set to date.

TITH I got my Assault Intercessors, I rarely gush over models but the bare heads are amazing. Beautifully scaled so they look like they fit in the helmets and full of character with two lots of ten seperate designs. The powerfist assembly is fantastic and so is are the legs doing away with the seperate parts to the front of the greeves.

Easily my favourite Primaris set to date.

I picked up mine as well today; did you notice the bowl "dumb and dumber" style haircut a few of the heads have? Similar the Uriel Ventris model announced today. Those are going straight in the bits box never to be seen again!

Also YITH I got this chap finished. 

XzzVb19l.jpg

Edited by MrSpoon

I picked up mine as well today; did you notice the bowl "dumb and dumber" style haircut a few of the heads have? Similar the Uriel Ventris model announced today. Those are going straight in the bits box never to be seen again!

Not sure I know which you mean on those, the only ones I can see are the mohawk guys, the rest are bald or buzz cuts.

I will say the builds on them in general are seriously nice, I never had to look at the instructions once while making them. They are really intuitive in their build design.

Nice job on the Chaplain.

I have been having a lot of fun running a jump Sanguinary Priest to accompany my Sanguinary Guard, Attack Bikes and Inceptors. I think he will be a regular feature in my lists going forward. The only downside if that my old 3rd edition metal model was looking rather small and sorry for himself. I needed something more fitting for my Warlord.

The model is based on the Bladeguard Ancient from Indomitus. The grail comes from the BA accessory sprue while the chainsword arm and tilting shield come from the Primaris upgrade sprue. Technically there is not such thing as a Primaris Sanguinary Priest but since I plan to run him with a suit of Relic Armour anyway, I figure I can get away with.

I am pretty pleased with the way the conversion turned out. I had to fudge the wrist holding the Grail slightly. When it first tried it, he was holding the Grail almost sideways which looked wrong with the horizontal blood inside. I added a triangular wedge of plastic to straighten the wrist. Close up it looks slightly odd but from normal viewing distance it is OK. I used a Gravis shoulder pad from the Primaris upgrade sprue to match the style of the Baladeguard. This is the only thing I would change if I were doing it again as I had to pack out the inside of the pad with filler to fit on the Tacticus arm. There model doesn't actually need this size if shoulderpad since the other arm is covered by the robe and the pad is not visible. Anyone else wanting to try the same conversion, a normal size Primaris pad would be easier and look just fine.

med_gallery_82363_13858_32913.jpg

gallery_82363_13858_32913.jpg

med_gallery_82363_13858_122905.jpg

gallery_82363_13858_122905.jpg

med_gallery_82363_13858_260337.jpg

gallery_82363_13858_260337.jpg

Today i finally finished two squads of tactical marines for my UM Fourth company.    That makes two assault squads done to go with them.   Also started another tactical squad for the Fourth company.    Hopefully I will finish them alot quicker than the prior two.   VBG

Spent nearly 2 hours digging through old 20+ year old crappy models I had stored away thinking I could make space or something. Models too new to be oop treasure and too old to be viable in a current army (gen 1 plastic CSM horribly painted type stuff)

Couldn't throw it away, no time to creatively deal with it, so there it will sit another decade I guess...

TITH I finished the marines from my copy of Indomitus (my partner got the Necrons)... well, really they were finished last night, bar a tiny bit of work needing to be done on the bases in my coffee and lunch breaks once the textured base paint had dried overnight.

I've got some annual leave later this week, so will sit down and take some pretty photos of the Eradicators (the last unit) plus the whole force together.

TITHI got lucky and decided to pop into a Half-Price Books on a whim, and discovered the following....

image0.jpg

I am a very happy Daimyo-Captain. Having very briefly skimmed it so far, I am delighted to find in-universe lore, and my mind is already whirring to try and figure out a way to convert the scenario in the book to modern play.

TITH I completed my Ultramarine repaint project (well, phase 1). I managed 117 models in 118 days. 3 short of my original plan as the eliminators got bumped to phase 2. I spent some time with the proper camera to get some shots  (album here if you aren't already bored of seeing them https://imgur.com/gallery/1J7xh4d)

I wasn't expecting it, but this Lt is my stand out favourite of the lot.

dvzefGgl.jpeg

And the blade guard are my favourite squad. 

gPuvjGWl.jpeg

I've not been in that much of a painting mood the last few days - I think it's the building excitement about finally being able to play Cyberpunk 2077. I've been in a bit of a game-y mood though, so have been playing a bunch of BFG:A2  

Finished up this fellow. He came out quite nicely.

Sanguinary Priest

Sanguinary Priest (Rear)

The photo hasn't quite caught the light shining nicely in the chalice, but I went the extra mile and mixed in some red wash with some water effect stuff. Delicious blood, you must drink it!

TITH I did some trading of things I realized I didn't have any intent on really touching at all next year. So, no longer own any Custodes/Talons of the Emperor outside of Trajan and Valerian/Aleya. Ghaz&Makari, Meganobz, Nobz and a Knight Valiant.

Buuuuuuuut, I got a bunch in trades for my Emperor's Spears. So I'm happy :yes:

TITH I completed decal and basing work on 14 Intercessors. I started them on Saturday, so I’m quite happy with 14 in a week.

I’ve also made enough of a dent in my painting backlog to justify assembling my Indomitus marines. So I got the Assault Intercessors and Eradicators de-sprued, de-mouldlined and assembled. I just need to get the gun barrels drilled out now. I might even do the Outriders today as well. The HQs and Bladeguard from Indomitus are going to get some serious converting into Minotaurs so I won’t be touching those for a while.

This week in the hobby I've slowly been working on my Indomitus models for Black Templars and finally pulled the trigger for a second army to work on/play while the Marine meta largely continues in my area: Dark Eldar. I'm thinking of going with a sort of White Goth theme but splash in a different color for the left arm to give the army some visual identity (I don't know, I've just wanted an asymmetrical scheme for a little while now and this is a good way to do it). I figure white would let the army stand out on the board without doing more saturated bright colors, plus they're a Xenos army I've circled back to a few times in the past. So now I've got Drazhar, a box of Incubi, and a Talos/Chronos kit all sitting on my desk as well. 

Pictures to come, but for now it's all the less exciting assembly stuff.