Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Last night I finished my 12 Months of Hobby Challenge for January. Today I finished the Rapid Fire Challenge for January, writing a short story as a preface to a Space Hulk game.

Here's the Jokaero: 

Finished Jokaero Left

This is where you can find the story if you're interested:

Today in the hobby, I finished up a squad of Deathwatch Hellblasters which officially completes my 1000pts of Deathwatch. I'm really chuffed with this because it's the first time since a GT 14 years ago that I've had a fully painted army, so that's a massive milestone and personal achievement for me.

TITH...I finished another model for my slowly growing Exorcists army, a Chapter Champion in Mark 3 artificer armour, wielding twin daemonbane broadswords:

gallery_917_16615_95309.jpg

gallery_917_16615_1159280.jpg

gallery_917_16615_633060.jpg

gallery_917_16615_808373.jpg

I originally built this model for my 30k Dark Angels, but as that project is on hold/possibly abandoned, he's been recruited by the Exorcists instead. ☺

I'm seriously impressed you remembered his original name mate!

He'd been languishing in my box of unpainted models for way too long, which is why he's been repurposed. If I do ever go back to my 30k DA, I've no shortage of character models available.

I think he's got to keep the same name now though!

It's not like I have both your 30k logs favorited for reference of my own Dark Angels (totally actually do :ph34r.:)

He'd been languishing in my box of unpainted models for way too long, which is why he's been repurposed. If I do ever go back to my 30k DA, I've no shortage of character models available.

It's not like I have both your 30k logs favorited for reference of my own Dark Angels (totally actually do :ph34r:)
I'm flattered mate...and perhaps a little embarrassed that I haven't updated them in so long!

TITHI finished black lining and shading the five Kine G'namadth (Hounds of Morkai) I've been working on since before Christmas. Unfortunately it was only their bodies, still haven't gotten to the arms, power plants, or heads. :facepalm:

TITHI realised this will be my 30th year playing 40k. I feel like I need to start a new project to mark the occasion. Im thinking Squats using the Wargames Atlantic minis, but build the army using the 1st ed lists and maybe get some Rogue Trader batreps done?  Would give me something new to concentrate on during lockdown I guess. 

TITHI literally just found out Cat people are a thing in 40k... 

cocks bolt pistol

Don't even think it, Guardsman.

And stay away from my data terminal.

Its bad enough my Space Marines sniff each others butts, I dont want my Guardsmen showing theirs off whilst knocking things off the table and getting in the way of the tv. 

Tithi Totaled up all of my adeptus custodes and with the six venatari I'm planning on adding it came to five thousand and two points, I may have a custard problem :wink: .                                                                                                                                                                                                             Yithi finished adding the waylander green technical paint over the mithrril on the last necron's blade, I'm liking it good call doghouse

Edited by treadhead

TITHI received my Nightbringer and Lelith Hesperax models I managed to score off the GW website last week. Both went out of stock the following day so I was pretty happy to score them.

Also TITHI started washing both those Finecast models and the Contekar squad I got the other week.

And also TITHI started setting up a proper painting station in my new home office. Need to get an extractor fan for the airbrush now...

It's a good colour scheme @fenrykus, though it could perhaps do with a bit of contrast imo - what would you think of a red (or company colour) helmet stripe, to draw attention to the head? Perhaps make the weapon's bronze casing a bit less dark for the same reason?

It's not like I have both your 30k logs favorited for reference of my own Dark Angels (totally actually do :ph34r.:)
I'm flattered mate...and perhaps a little embarrassed that I haven't updated them in so long!