Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Been finally working on some painting, using an Imagifier I bought sometime last year to do some color testing:

UsZfj7u.jpg

rmEeKvi.jpg

Been mucking with oil paints, which I still love for doing things like white and yellow, but I think I'll stick to some acrylics in the future for robes and the like just for the quicker drying time and the faster drying time. Also sub assemblies feel like a must for the inside of the robes.

Today in the hobby I tag teamed with a friend to dry brush yellow on the bodies and painted all the heads for

• 3 screamer killers
  • 32 hormagaunts
  • 27 spine fists
  • 12 termagants

• the spine fists got their base coat
  • the hormagaunts got their back plates done as well as the front claws

• 3 weeks later...

TITH I got back on the horse and got some heavy intercessors complete, the heavy captain and uriel sans heads (they are currently in the stripping goo due to a bodged attempt).

I’ve been away from the hobby for a few months due to some mental headspace issues, the cycle of being tired from work, and then too tired to paint, and the hating myself for not doing it, hit me quite hard. Thankfully real life is easing up a little which should give more time to hobby. 
so, they aren’t anything special, but I’m damn proud and happy they are nearly complete. 
7jGcYn6.jpg

Edited by MrSpoon

Today my Brothers I worked on assembling my standard bearers  for the UM Fifth and Fourth company's command squads.     Now to add ammo pouches, holsters and grenades  and purity seals.      Then  finish the veteran Sgt and Chaplain for each command squad.     It has been a month since I last did anything with my UM figures.     Been reading WH40K books and just lazy.

VBG  :biggrin.: :yes: :smile.: :HQ:

Edited by Redrandy93

Today in The Hobby I didn't get any painting done, instead I made this ridiculous fake old 'eavy Metal mini showcase page for our Warhammer Store's WhatsApp group:

gallery_57329_13636_132394.png

Things are scaled bigger because it'll probably be seen on phones. I just thought it was hilarious. Orc Boy on the top right is the dude's 1st painted mini, he'll probably be embarrassed I included it.

Finally, I finished my 2000 point Necron army.

Even with a limited colour scheme and speed painting, this took literally ages (I have been working on this since Indomitus came out last year and even took part in the Necron painting challenge to motivate myself).

I am neither a good nor a fast painter.

Now I am eagerly awaiting the opening of the games club as well as the start of local tournaments. :D

Armee.jpg

Love the body horror of the Flayed ones

Albtr-ume.jpg

TITH I did a bit of soul searching and decided that I am going to get Deathspectre's Captain done for him then take a couple of years off from the hobby.

I've come to the conclusion I'm just really not enjoying it anymore and feeling a bit burnt out on FOMO, release schedules, the direction of the game, pricing and what ended up being a surprisingly long list of other things when I sat down and actually thought about it.

I think the most sensible path for me personally is to take a long break rather than just grow bitter and punish myself trying to force myself to enjoy it.

TITH I did a bit of soul searching and decided that I am going to get Deathspectre's Captain done for him then take a couple of years off from the hobby.

I've come to the conclusion I'm just really not enjoying it anymore and feeling a bit burnt out on FOMO, release schedules, the direction of the game, pricing and what ended up being a surprisingly long list of other things when I sat down and actually thought about it.

I think the most sensible path for me personally is to take a long break rather than just grow bitter and punish myself trying to force myself to enjoy it.

:cry:

I mean, I get it, but still....

Haven't built anything yet today, but in the last week, I've assembled 5 chaos cultists, a Master of Possession and two Obliterators.

Painting is still really hard for me, but I've made the decision that I shouldn't let it stop me from assembling my stuff.

Today's plan is to build 10 chaos marines and/ or the Venomcrawler.

TITH I took some pretty photos of the Titans I've been working on recently. I was originally planning on just doing the Arcus Maniple before I moved house, but I made good time and managed to get the Reaver "Maleficarum Malleo" and some of its alternative weapon options done as well. Non-standard weapon options and nameplates from BattleBling, crotch banners from Winterdyne.

kvakiW7.jpg

7RmS35M.jpg

ZrgWssj.jpg

NKmn678.jpg

uzWpvoq.jpg

As I desperately needed to get back into the hobby and finally make use of my new hobby space, I needed to do something else than tackling my Primaris backlog after I saw it...

KPgZlXO.jpg
142 Primaris Models + 3 Wolves + 2 Ambots + 3 Mines
...two tanks not pictured.

So I did these instead:
20210721_164157.jpg

These were quick and fun to do and something completely different to regular 40k models! So... today I started to prepare these:

20210722_113245.jpg