Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

After many years, painting and stripping different colour schemes, I'm finally painting my renegade chapter in a colour scheme I'm pleased with. Here are some WIP shots for my War Wolves

med_gallery_77459_15292_304864.jpg

med_gallery_77459_15292_1030355.jpg

YITH, I wrapped up a terrain project started about 9 months ago.

Mechanicus terrain footprint.
gallery_2133_14865_1547374.jpg
Mechanicus terrain detail example. The item on the left does a plasma ball when it has batteries. :smile.:
gallery_2133_14865_516700.jpg
And a photo of some terrain that was finished in a week earlier this summer.
gallery_2133_14865_212998.jpg

TITH, I got pics of the terrain I started yesterday. Wish I could take credit for everything past the first 2 colors. Not the mat they're designed for.

Eldritch Terrain

gallery_2133_14865_128313.jpg

Eldritch Terrain

gallery_2133_14865_14397.jpg

Eldritch Terrain

gallery_2133_14865_60410.jpg

Ruined Grave

gallery_2133_14865_112188.jpg

Mushrooms or trees?

gallery_2133_14865_101071.jpg

Edited by The Blood Raven

TITHI received the last bitz order from Poland that I needed to properly convert my bladeguard to be a bit more Samurai-ish. Looking forward to finally being able to assemble them the way I envisioned.

I finally got out of my painting funk and completed the second Devastor squad for my Fourth UM Company.    Worked on the Chaplain for the UM Fifth company and Fourth company.    Also working on the rest of Fourth UM Command squad ( Uriel ventras, Apothecary, plasma gunner and veteran sargeant)..     Will probably take a month to do all of this.   I am a very slow painter.    VBG

TITH I'm kitbashing

Xo2xVGR.png

Now that is a wicked (mean it both ways) looking beastie, Fulkes!  Very nice job!

Thanks! Still a ways to go before she's done and I just found out my super glue is dead so I'll need to get more before I can wire her up with some guitar string.

Starting a hard rock band Fulkes? :biggrin.:

Nah, the inks are mostly for use as glazes, but I've heard REALLY good things about the white ink as a way to do thin lines of white on models for highlights that don't end up chalky, and the guitar strings will be gutted and used as some of the cables for the Forgemother. 

Those look fantastic, andes!  I’m not sure I would necessarily decide on one color scheme for the squigs, I think the way you have them multi-colored, but together, makes them look great as a group - they aren’t all exactly the same thing, but it still looks really good.

Those look fantastic, andes!  I’m not sure I would necessarily decide on one color scheme for the squigs, I think the way you have them multi-colored, but together, makes them look great as a group - they aren’t all exactly the same thing, but it still looks really good.

Thanks! That's really good advice, too...

Edited by andes

Wow I haven’t posted in 12 years but here I am finally back in the hobby haha. Peep what I got done today :smile.: C&C welcome.

Hadr-Kileser, Brother of an assault squad of the Iron Saints chapter.

Forgeworld iron warrior head, spear from conversionworld.de, assault intercessor arms and backpack, mix of Mk II and SoH reaver squad shoulderpads, greenstuff shoulder chainmail, Mk III Tortugabay body.

jAtPMyA.jpg
FspaXFL.jpg
Edited by White Crusader

Today in the hobby I ordered the Joy Toy UM figures and ordered book 6 of the Siege of Terror series and a another chaplain so I can get the special figure.    

Last week finally got out of my painting funk and finished the second devastor squad for my UM Fourth company.    Last few days working on the command squad for the Fourth company.  

I found I have enough figures to do the Third Company command squad.    I even have parts to sell off on another site for a full command squad.    When I finish my project I will have 4 full UM companies and then I can do a full Primaris company.     maybe I do all the armor first........  

Some more progress on my Iron Saints assault squad (assault intercessors? Don't know too much about Primaris, not sure if they're interchangeable. I should really pick up the codex :tongue.:).

Brother Sar-Tuda - second spear, 4th Company.

Qp0PTeV.jpg

XyFMqiD.jpg

Edited by White Crusader

Been working on Grey Knights lately but my proudest bit of hobby progress has to be getting the Forgemother wired up and ready for priming. Left the a couple parts off and didn't glue her to the base for painting. She uses parts from the Lord Discordant, Mini-Morathi, Zombie Dragon, Syll'Eske and Sisters of Slaughter kits.

q822Z5M.jpg

8PwNqu4.jpg

Wl77h6Y.jpg

8KY9vSD.jpg