Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Today i finally finished my apothecary for the Fourth UM Company.     

Also working on Librarian I bought on ebay touching up the paint and using a nicer gold IMHO  (Tamiya Gold leaf X-12) for the Fourth UM Company.    I look at videos on how the great folks on this forum and GW site paint and wish I could get a result like many of you folks do.   Oh well I do the best i can.   :yes: :HQ: .    

Edited by Redrandy93

• 2 weeks later...

Today i finally put the tracks and some small details on a Razorback for one of my UM companies.    Now to do some final touch up,  decals and light weathering on the tracks and it is done.   also finished a Chaplain ( plastic one) for one of the UM companies I am doing.      I even put the red paint on a Tech Marine!       Still trying to finish  other chaplain and two company champions.    I worked about 90 minutes on my UM today.   This is alot for me.  :biggrin.: :yes:

TITH I took John Blanches advice he gave me about 5 years ago, add a slice of Lemon to black Earl Grey tea and it wont taste like a hobos foot... Finally tried it and damn it tastes good. :D 

While looking through all my spare parts and figures I am going to try to convert a plastic Chaplain I have by swapping a power fist in stead of the bolt pistol it came with.     That will give me my third chaplain to add to a Command squad of one of my tactical UM Companies.     I also found i have the plastic Cassius Chaplain  in my pile of shame.    :biggrin.: :yes: :facepalm:

TITH I finally got my hands on the new Primaris Crusader kit. 

It is incredible. The Emperor's Tax upgrade sprue back in the day was good, but this is something else. GW have really outdone themselves and I for one will be sure to reward their efforts with cold hard cash! :laugh.:

TITH I chased a merchant to see if they had received my order back. My local postal services sent it back because of an allegedly incorrect adress ... which was complete and correct when leaving the UK ... also my local postal services informed me by email they would deliver the package and sent me updates ... would have it been much to ask for clarification on the delivery adress if indeed it was incomplete ... especially with them having my name, a partial adress, and my email ... Not happy ...

Anyway, in the meantime I received some bits that allowed me to finish a couple extra necrons and I am awaiting some more bits that will allow to finish a few cataphractii terminators.

Today in the hobby I decided to ready something to paint for when I didn't feel like working on my Blood Bowl Nobles team so I did a zenithal undercoat of my Mega Armoured Warboss and a random plastic Mek. I decided to do this long after Orktober ended. My timing is terrible but it was Kriegtober for me this year. :p

Edited by Magos Takatus

• 2 weeks later...

TITHI finished this Imperial Knight, after week of touch ups, some weeks of work earlier this year, building and priming sometime summer 2020 and having this since the first release of the "Imperial Knights: Renegade" Boxed Game.

IMG_20211229_131446_006.jpg

Before anyone asks: The Sword is by the brilliant Taromodelmaker!

(This model is no longer available, but he has much better and more varied designs by now!)

TITH I spent money. With how out-of-the-hobby I've been, my paints are old, mostly dried up, and not suitable for painting the marine chapter I've chosen for my Primaris army. Well, I had a GW gift voucher and some Christmas money burning a hole in my pocket, so I bought sufficient hobby supplies and paint to do most of what I need. I didn't buy any flesh tones, but only one guy I've assembled so far (my Librarian) has any exposed skin, so that can wait.

Today (well, technically yesterday now) in the hobby I finished working on my Mega Armoured Warboss. Fantastic model and I'm pleased I painted it. My photos look a bit odd though. Apart from the close-up they seem to have an outline and are a bit more saturated than I expected. I think I stuck a filter or setting on by accident.

MEGAFACE

WBfront

WBside

WBside

Not sure what I'll be working on next.

TITH I came closer to achieving my goal of completing an army before posting pictures. I have been quietly gathering and assembling models for an insanely fun project dream army for the last few months and I am so nearly there now. Kind of feels like the Emperor working on Terra in secret on the Webway thinking smugly to himself "I can't wait for Horus and my boys to see what I have been working on to help them unite humanity, they will be so proud of me and absolutely nothing can go wrong..."

Hopefully a shouty one eyed man with big hair won't break into my house in the middle of the night and smash everything up while attempting to tattle on his brother this time...

After sitting on most of these models for 18 months or so, I decided to get the stripped and ready to paint. 

vRDXRCd.jpg

I plan to paint them up in my custom scheme that I had a go at briefly 2 or so years ago. 

OIEs4Ma.jpg

2 questions for you all:

- What are folks thoughts on keeping the scheme consistent and not altering it for aspect houses? 

- I'm planning on trying alclad 2 primer on these. (Recently had some very bad experiences with a stynelrez and mig primer going bad on me and crackling). Any tips? I have my respirator at the ready. 

TITH I rummaged around in my bits boxes and produced two firstborn minis that I can use for testing paint schemes on.  I tried to build them fairly close to a couple primaris minis I have to paint in terms of wargear and everything, so that I have a more direct comparison for how what I'm doing will look, and I don't think this is the first time I've stood a primaris next to a firstborn, but the height difference between them is just staggering.

After sitting on most of these models for 18 months or so, I decided to get the stripped and ready to paint.

I plan to paint them up in my custom scheme that I had a go at briefly 2 or so years ago.

2 questions for you all:

- What are folks thoughts on keeping the scheme consistent and not altering it for aspect houses?

- I'm planning on trying alclad 2 primer on these. (Recently had some very bad experiences with a stynelrez and mig primer going bad on me and crackling). Any tips? I have my respirator at the ready.

That's a cool colour scheme :tu: can't say anything for the primer, but you can absolutely stick to the same colour scheme for the different aspects - Biel-Tan is noted to do so for example. As The Blood Raven says, I'd recommend keeping the aspect's colour as a spot colour, because I feel that eldar work best when they're a riot of colour, but you have no obligation to do so: the aspect armours and weapons are visually distinct enough that you needn't worry about it :)

2 questions for you all:- What are folks thoughts on keeping the scheme consistent and not altering it for aspect houses? - I'm planning on trying alclad 2 primer on these. (Recently had some very bad experiences with a stynelrez and mig primer going bad on me and crackling). Any tips? I have my respirator at the ready.

Cracking scheme. I had the same thought when starting mine. I went for a Mymeara scheme and have done the blue/green scheme on tabards to keep consistency then picked my favourite aspect scheme. I have also included a bit of red in there to tie them into Ynarri. Edited by Dwango