The art of sisters

Dread

• 4 weeks later...

HERESY

HERESY

ALL HANDS ON DECK

I REPEAT ALL HANDS ON DECK

I DON'T CARE THAT YOU'RE SO WRAPPED UP IN MY LITTLE PONY: THE EMPEROR PROTECTS THAT YOU THINK YOU HAVE HOOVES I WANT THEM ON DECK

I'm less annoyed with this because it's the one god I could Sisters falling too by accident. Imagine Sisters becoming so consumed with purging Heresy and the anger and hate they feel for Heretics.

At least it's not another Sister getting the smutty Slaanesh treatment again.

Having a Sisters of Bitter day, I guess (to paraphrase another forum).

It's a sad fact that pretty much nobody really gets the Sisters as a faction. They see the boob plate and slinky thighs and write us off as another latex fetish gimp army, and heaven forbid we try to support our disagreements with fluff information because we're just wrong.

I will admit that, in the past, I had viewed the sisters thusly the only modern interaction with them had been the few sisters in Helsreach who really didn't last that long. Then I listened to Red and Black and was overcome with how wrong I had been. Miriya + heavy flamer... need I say more? They really do need some more page time or, like someone else said, give them some more fluff victories.

I'm not sure entirely why, and apologies if its not relevent, but whenever I see this picture my first thought isn't Alliance Navy its Battle Sister; http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=HN.608021460592691209&pid=15.1 someone with more photoshop talent than I posess should really draw some power armour over her.

I love Femshep, I love Adepta Sororitas, and I never made the connection?

I'M NOT WORTHY! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

If Games Workshop modeled the plastic Sisters of Battle after Commander Shepard... I think I just may have a heart attack of sheer bubbly happiness.

I love Femshep, I love Adepta Sororitas, and I never made the connection?

I'M NOT WORTHY! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

If Games Workshop modeled the plastic Sisters of Battle after Commander Shepard... I think I just may have a heart attack of sheer bubbly happiness.

Whenever I watch the FemShep trailer for ME3 where her and Ashley (finatical religious solider, just saying ;) ) are leading a charge against husks etc I just think they need swords, bolters and power armour.

I have the sudden urge to start a piece of fan fiction about The Order of Normandy and have them facing off against Necrons.

Shepard would have been an excellent Sororitas. So much so that Jennifer Hale is at the very tip top of my list of desirable voice actors for a Sororitas-focussed Space Marine style game, even edging out Audrey Tautou.

As for the khornate Sister, Greyall's art is good, I just wish he hadn't felt the need to use the word sister on it. IT doesn't look anything like a Sister of Battle. I would totally dig it as a female champion of Khorne in power armour, but because it has the words "fallen Sister" on it, I'm contractually obligated to hate it. :(

Shepard would have been an excellent Sororitas. So much so that Jennifer Hale is at the very tip top of my list of desirable voice actors for a Sororitas-focussed Space Marine style game, even edging out Audrey Tautou.

As for the khornate Sister, Greyall's art is good, I just wish he hadn't felt the need to use the word sister on it. IT doesn't look anything like a Sister of Battle. I would totally dig it as a female champion of Khorne in power armour, but because it has the words "fallen Sister" on it, I'm contractually obligated to hate it. :sad.:

I don't know, I see some obvious influences from the Sister's design in the piece. Like the shoulder pads.

As for the khornate Sister, Greyall's art is good, I just wish he hadn't felt the need to use the word sister on it. IT doesn't look anything like a Sister of Battle. I would totally dig it as a female champion of Khorne in power armour, but because it has the words "fallen Sister" on it, I'm contractually obligated to hate it. :sad.:

Would love to see the scene when renegade FemShep punches the reporter in the face recreated with Sororitas. I agree she's such a good voice actor she could clearly convey the range of emotions needed. Also the woman who voiced Miriya in the audio book she did such a good job.

I'm confused you don't like the Celestian Eloheim?

Continuing in the vein of characters who could/should be turned into battle sisters... http://sequart.org/images/Judge-Anderson-in-Dredd-660x371.jpg

Continuing in the vein of characters who could/should be turned into battle sisters... http://sequart.org/images/Judge-Anderson-in-Dredd-660x371.jpg

... but she's psychic!

I am not saying she should be inducted into the Sororitas rather than if someone were to photoshop her into a suit of power armour I think it would fit.

No, I don't like Miriya. I think she's a loose cannon with no self discipline or respect for the lawful nature of her station, who gets away with outright treachery at the low cost of a demotion and her pick of assignments.

As a flagship character for the Adepta Sororitas, she leaves a lot to be desired.

No, I don't like Miriya. I think she's a loose cannon with no self discipline or respect for the lawful nature of her station, who gets away with outright treachery at the low cost of a demotion and her pick of assignments.

As a flagship character for the Adepta Sororitas, she leaves a lot to be desired.

Brilliant! I can't really defend her there I've not read either of her books only the Audio Drama and the assignment there required her to be a little independant. Sister Shephard would be a much better choice :p

I like her name but she was kinda going against ererthing she was told. Great books BTW, love the many different twists and turns they have.

Unfortunately a common problem. Writers have this bad habit of writing characters who a "loose cannons" to try and make them interesting, instead of just making them interesting.

I've given up on us seeing a good Sisters novel until I write it myself... and my writing is around the level of 'acceptable fanfic', so nowhere near good enough to publish.

Same here. I really should get around to going back to mine :sad.:

I've given up on us seeing a good Sisters novel until I write it myself... and my writing is around the level of 'acceptable fanfic', so nowhere near good enough to publish.

We all have to start somewhere sister keep honing it I'm sure there are plenty of writers/editors on here who could give you feed back pointers etc after all weren't Nick Kymes Salamanders books first thought up in these hallowed halls? Or is that a myth?

I like her name but she was kinda going against ererthing she was told. Great books BTW, love the many different twists and turns they have.

Unfortunately a common problem. Writers have this bad habit of writing characters who a "loose cannons" to try and make them interesting, instead of just making them interesting.

Agreed, that or they have a rebelious veteran sargent or the equilivant to question/break orders etc I always found it a little weak as a plot device. The problem, to my mind, is with an army like the Sisters who are so devout and obediant that without a little rebellion they would struggle to be interesting to write though as I say this I can feel Miko's bolt pistol aiming at my face so I could be wrong.

We all have to start somewhere sister keep honing it I'm sure there are plenty of writers/editors on here who could give you feed back pointers

http://prowritingaid.com/

This is sort of a pre-editor polisher.

The free web version on the home page is limited and removes all formating but is free and finds most common problems.  I don't know how many words it will take at once but I think it is a few thousand. Enough to parse a scene at a time at least. 

To be fair I would read a fanfic by you, you have always seemed to know what you are talking about. I have read your Order's fluff and really liked it. But that is just me.