The art of sisters

Dread

The boob-plates are a bit over-the-top on that one, and she's pretty waify for a woman that constantly fights, works out, and is currently wearing armor, haha.

I dig the colors and the angular look to the pic otherwise.

Some truly amazing work in here. Whenever Sisters get a model update (when, not if- have faith!) I hope they reflect half the character some of these pieces have.

gallery_70393_9750_52685.jpg

This one in particular jumped out at me. You seldom see properly solemn, sorrowful scenes in a world of art populated by dynamic battles and action poses. Considering the terrible place that 40k is, you would think tragic pieces would pop up more often.

Sister Neko?
http://puu.sh/5TCih.jpg

You see? Even the Sisters are not impervious to the threat of xeno psycher kittens.

Burn the witch! :furious:

Edited by Firepower

The first pic has a huge problem. The sister seems to be sad. And...sisters can't be sad !!! If their sisters in arms die, they go straight to the Emperor's heaven, so they are happy. If they stand alone in the middle of hundreds of dead xenos, tthey are happy, if they die doing their duty, they are happy.

Oh wait... Pharell Williams is a sister of battle.... :laugh.:

She doesn't look sad to me. She looks tired. Like she's been fighting desperately for her life all day, she's at the limits of human endurance, all of her sisters are dead... that moment when all you want to do is lay down your bolter and collapse until next century, but you know - you just know - that there is more work to do and you can't sleep yet.

Really? She seems legitimately sorrowful to me.

Sure, there's the "They've gone to the Emperor's side" philosophy, but even among fanatics there is mourning for fallen friends. The former is a salve for the latter, rather than the former eradicating the existence of the latter. At least for some folks. There are surely a lot of Sisters zealous enough to not even feel the remorse for fallen comrades. :biggrin.:

She's the last woman standing, and even a zealot can recognize the cost of a Pyrrhic Victory, if only briefly.

Edited by Firepower

In the U.S. we still use the Imperial system.  Made it more than a little complicated when I was in the Army, since it's switched over to the Metric system.  Having to constantly switch between the two could make me more than a little a  :confused:.

I'm not saying she can't be sad or upset. I'm saying that, as the picture displays it, she's too tired for that right now. You hit a point of exhaustion where nothing matters beyond whatever action you have to take next. Tunnel vision in the extreme because your brain is too tired to process anything except the immediate action to follow your current movement. I'm saying she looks that kind of exhausted.

The mourning, the trauma, the stress, that will all come later.

Anyway, just got linked to this. An unusual art style - looks like oils, actually.

10484509_10202570247806253_5028968789030

Ah, I misunderstood what you meant. My bad. She looks sadder than tired to me though, and she already looks very tired to begin with as far as I'm concerned. But I've never been the sole survivor of a day-long fight to the death with killer space gribblies, so what do I know?

And chaos space marines aren't Astartes wannabes. All space marines are Sororitas wannabes.

EDIT: pictures:

gallery_70393_9750_512444.jpg

gallery_70393_9750_66148.jpg

And one too big to be uploaded here.

EDIT 2 ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

I'm not even sorry.

EDIT 3 REVENGEANCE

gallery_70393_9750_109705.jpg

gallery_70393_9750_801479.png

gallery_70393_9750_53837.jpg

Edited by Knight of the Raven

The "I'm not even sorry".......BWAHAHAHA!!!

These are all great finds. Maybe would should send a link to GW so maybe they would notice how much the sisters are beloved in the 40k universe.

All space marines are Sororitas wannabes.

Hahaha you made my day ! 

The first pic you posted is wonderful. The skin seems to be kind of marble (not the colour of course), it makes the sister looks like a statue of an angel.

Or maybe i'm too devoted xD

Others are really fantastic jobs too, with unusual drawing/painting/toshoping styles. Love it all !

My favorite is the last one. I love the idea of a defeated sister being paraded about like a trophy of war.

Then again, I love seeing my favorite characters suffer or be humiliated.

Now Rainbow Dash, go impale yourself on Chrysalys' horn while she shatters all the bones in your wings with her magic.

I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM.

Raven, your fetishes should be kept off the board (although I had the same thought... >> ssh!)

Not a fan of the angular hybrid manga-realism style, I have to admit, but some of those are beautiful... and 'not even sorry' is just brilliant.