The art of sisters

Dread

It's not toxic hair spray, it's backup flamer fuel.

My only problem with that pic, aside from the slightly wonky anatomy and comic book posing, is that it's got Saint Anais in it, and Saint Anais is a strange winged daemon prince that somehow ended up in the Sisters army for soulstorm with some of Celestine's gear.

It's not toxic hair spray, it's backup flamer fuel.

My only problem with that pic, aside from the slightly wonky anatomy and comic book posing, is that it's got Saint Anais in it, and Saint Anais is a strange winged daemon prince that somehow ended up in the Sisters army for soulstorm with some of Celestine's gear.

Eh, I'm perfectly fine with the grey area of "daemon princesses" of the Emperor being a possible interpretation. Of coures the whole winged thing is REALLY not helped by the C:WH depiction of Celestine (using a colored version here):

http://i.imgur.com/0OZhQLr.jpg

So yeah, let's blame GW for making people think that wings were perfectly okay to put on women and have them somehow NOT be tied to chaos. :P

That said, I know I'm in a minority but I've always been fond of the "maybe it's a real miracle or maybe it's the Emperor being a god thanks to the low level psychic presence of sixteen quadrillion souls believing he is" sort of thing that Sisters have in the fluff. I love the idea that those who channel his will (like Celestine seems to) not unlike those of chaos do when they channel their god's power. It's the sort of hypocrisy that fits the setting really well and just adds a layer of irony I enjoy.

Go find the original version. Where the wings are allegorical and translucent.

I always thought of them being similar (as in non physical, not the shape) to Unit 01's in the end of Evangelion...

Go find the original version. Where the wings are allegorical and translucent.

Uh, no they weren't. Check the partially blocked helmet in the back:

http://i.imgur.com/4mtDBbI.png

Those wings are clearly blocking the ability to see that helmet, so they are not transluscent, and seeing as this isn't fluffed as a peice of art in universe inside the book I'm going out on a limb and saying this is supposed to be a depiction of what it looks like when the Living Saint actually takes to the field of combat.

Also let's not forget out Saint doesn't have a Jump Pack and is still Jump Infantry despite being human (mortal status is questionable naturally). And you can try to argue "archeotech" but the armour of Saint Catherine is only a couple thousand years old at most, which means that it's REALLY not likely to have managed to slip some kind of techno-magic device into that thing to make it float or act like a Jump Pack.

Edited by Fulkes

I quite like winged depictions. Marines may be the Emperor's Angels of Death, but the Sisters are more fitting for the more literal interpretation. It's just that the Emperor isn't a nice god, bringing only death to unbelievers so his angels reflect that :wink:

As for Celestine in 40k belief has direct power, the Emperor must have more belief than he knows what to do with so it makes sense that he shares it around with some deserving parties :tongue.:

I quite like winged depictions. Marines may be the Emperor's Angels of Death, but the Sisters are more fitting for the more literal interpretation. It's just that the Emperor isn't a nice god, bringing only death to unbelievers so his angels reflect that :wink:

As for Celestine in 40k belief has direct power, the Emperor must have more belief than he knows what to do with so it makes sense that he shares it around with some deserving parties :tongue.:

Alternate though is that Celestine is actually an Immortal and a literal "daughter of the Emperor". That's basically the only other way I could interpret her fluff and have her not be a daemon princess of the Big Cheese.

It's nice and ambiguous with some contradictions mixed in - like 40k lore should be :laugh.:

While true, I just like to take the road of the Imperium being basically exactly the same, or worse, than the things it fights against and does the things it tells people not to do. :P

To me the end all of depictions is the gw model. No wings on the GW model, so Celestine doesn't have wings.

And she flies through the power of the emperor, the same power that makes her sword shoot fire, not some heretical mutation.

It's nice and ambiguous with some contradictions mixed in - like 40k lore should be :laugh.:

While true, I just like to take the road of the Imperium being basically exactly the same, or worse, than the things it fights against and does the things it tells people not to do. :P
Protecting humans by burning them for 10,000 years. Edited by Servant of Dante

I prefer the wings, before there was a St. Celestine model it was hard to imagine that an army with a unit named after angels in it where absolutely nobody had wings at all. If a Saint doesn't have wings, well, mine does.

med_gallery_53617_12047_40515.jpg

GW should have more Angels in there game, the natural opponent to Daemons (no Dark and Blood Angels dont count, one are fallen the other are borderline Vampire according to some).

And no Astartes dont count in general.

I prefer the wings, before there was a St. Celestine model it was hard to imagine that an army with a unit named after angels in it where absolutely nobody had wings at all. If a Saint doesn't have wings, well, mine does.

med_gallery_53617_12047_40515.jpg

seraphim jump packs are modelled to look like spread wings though.

The dove is a pigeon, and it has acid poop attacks that are auto hit, S D Apocalyptic blast assault 10

it's too powerful to use, that's why she holds onto it

I always figured it was her version of frag grenades.  The pigeon/dove/whatever distracts her opponents by fluttering in their faces and pooping on their heads.:biggrin.: