The art of sisters

Dread

Yeah, the hair was the first thing I noticed, too, Miko-sama.

Either a light orange or blonde hair would work better as a compliment, depending on where that blue is on the color wheel. If the player was sold on green, a lighter green is a perfect split-complement with that blue and gold depending on what feature he's trying to draw attention to. That or a light purple for a triadic color scheme.

Oh, by the way, that's close to the scheme Kirsten Williams of 'Eavy Metal fame used for her own Sisters of Battle when Witch Hunters came out in the early 2000's (minus the green hair). These colors might come from there more than from Praetors of Orpheus.

EDIT: after trudging through filthy, disgusting male fanservice, I bring you two pictures.

gallery_70393_9750_63066.jpg

gallery_70393_9750_217265.jpg

Edited by Knight of the Raven

Inquisitorial I! In the second picture! :tongue.: And it's definitely on the end of a chain, so it's in place of a proper Chaplet Ecclesiasticus (sp?)

I like the second one.

Edited by Servant of Dante

Male fanservice? Some of us call that female fanservice. :P

Joking aside....

http://orig08.deviantart.net/a780/f/2014/238/1/a/timterrenal_adepta_sororitas_by_timterrenal-d7wpzjs.jpg

http://orig02.deviantart.net/9033/f/2014/037/b/0/adeptus_sororitas_by_feloniusmonk-d5w9nwx.jpg

http://img03.deviantart.net/de94/i/2014/316/9/a/saint_of_battle_by_lordhannu-d867a1v.jpg

That 1st picture might be my favorite piece of SoB art, except that NOBODY GETS THE CHAPLET RIGHT! GAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Edit: That first one IS beautiful. BUT WHYYYYYYYY! It's like an upside-down cross with a necron head on top!

Edit 2: Aren't I an idiot! The chaplet is right there, at her neck. Which would be fine, except that she has the wierd necron crucifix thing attacked to her beads instead of her chaplet. I don't know anymore. I want it to be perfect so badly, but . . .

I don't normally like the kind of stuff the 2nd picture is, but this one definitely made me chuckle. Eh.

With the coloring and bulk of the armour in the 3rd pic my mind immediately went to 'Grey Knight', but then I realized it was far superior . . . :happy.:

Edit 3: HA I found the sneaky Inquisitorial I on her right leg!

I like the fleur de lys-shaped flail.

I despise the terminator armor though. :tongue.:

Male fanservice? Some of us call that female fanservice. :tongue.:

I'm not sure tire-sized breasts count as lesbian fanservice since they should have an idea of how such a huge chest would feel like.

I like the second one.

Me too, though that's more me thinking of all the straight guys hitting on the cosplayer only for her to remove her helmet and turn out to be a (preferably heavily bearded) man. :laugh.: The many advantages of crafting a cosplay helmet! :wink:

I like the fleur de lys-shaped flail.

I despise the terminator armor though. :tongue.:

Male fanservice? Some of us call that female fanservice. :tongue.:

I'm not sure tire-sized breasts count as lesbian fanservice since they should have an idea of how such a huge chest would feel like.

I like the second one.

Me too, though that's more me thinking of all the straight guys hitting on the cosplayer only for her to remove her helmet and turn out to be a (preferably heavily bearded) man. :laugh.: The many advantages of crafting a cosplay helmet! :wink:

Impersonating I member of one of the Orders Militant? HERESY!!!

Shhh. Don't tell the Black Templars I did that. They might get jealous.

That 1st picture might be my favorite piece of SoB art, except that NOBODY GETS THE CHAPLET RIGHT! GAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Edit: That first one IS beautiful. BUT WHYYYYYYYY! It's like an upside-down cross with a necron head on top!

Edit 2: Aren't I an idiot! The chaplet is right there, at her neck. Which would be fine, except that she has the wierd necron crucifix thing attacked to her beads instead of her chaplet. I don't know anymore. I want it to be perfect so badly, but . . .

I don't normally like the kind of stuff the 2nd picture is, but this one definitely made me chuckle. Eh.

With the coloring and bulk of the armour in the 3rd pic my mind immediately went to 'Grey Knight', but then I realized it was far superior . . . :happy.:

Clearly she's either part of an Inquisitorial task force or a Canoness who became an Inquistor. :P

Clearly she's either part of an Inquisitorial task force or a Canoness who became an Inquistor. :tongue.:

I know . . . It's just that over half of the art we see on this thread seems to fall under the "something to do with the Inquisition" category.

But an Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor Canoness . . . that'll show those radicals. Besmirching the name of the Emperor through their "service" :happy.:

You know, at this point I basically just procrastinating on my painting. (Insert obligatory comment about heresy and penance).

that'll show those radicals. Besmirching the name of the Emperor through their "service" :happy.:

Until she becomes one. You know the saying about inquisitors: you either die a puritan or live long enough to see yourself become radical.

Eh, she's a Sister, she'll die a martyr.

that'll show those radicals. Besmirching the name of the Emperor through their "service" :happy.:

Until she becomes one. You know the saying about inquisitors: you either die a puritan or live long enough to see yourself become radical.

Heresy! You dare insinuate that a leader of an Order Militant, who has spent over a century fighting the worst enemies of humanity, would lose her faith? Sacrifice everything she believes in and has fought to protect to gain some advantage over the enemy?

Also, Saying "You either die a puritan or live long enough to see yourself become radical." is rather nonsensical. If you never fall to the temptation of radicalism, you will die a puritan, be it from old age, disease, or (Emperor forbid) at the hand of an enemy (although I get the sentiment).

Don't battle sisters see just as much as an Inquisitor anyway? Radicals are the weak ones, from their point of view.

Also, Saying "You either die a puritan or live long enough to see yourself become radical." is rather nonsensical.

It's a fanon extension of a line of Gav fluff. You really aught to go back to the original texts to form your own interpretation of it. Debating vague texts is one of the parts of the hobby I miss most from the pre-heresy book series era.

Anyway, becoming a radical isn't some sort of binary switch. The characters don't wake up one day and decide to sell out to the dark (gods) side. It's a result of thousands of little actions along the way. It's not purging that 'art society' you found because they keep finding new 'dealers' whose contacts they'll share with you as a 'fellow enthusiast'. It's looking the other way when the local Arbites get just a bit too trigger happy with their riot suppression and not looking into their service records about wasting the Emperor's munitions and squandering his currency (the blood of his subjects). It's not taking some of the rioters alive so you can figure out what instigated it and extirpate that. It's looking back upon all the works you've done in His name and regretting some of them. It's reflecting on your career and not seeing lessons that you can learn and grow from.

Even all that isn't quite right, but it's a part of it. There's also being tainted by much of the knowledge you've gleaned to combat The adversaries. Hexagrammic wards are sorcerous constructs, sorcery is heresy, but you'd've been dammed trying to purge that witch if you hadn't had them with you. So, you find a new witch. So you study a bit more and modify your wards. Maybe you bring some Battle Sisters with you 'cause you've studied how their faith interacts with the warp and sorcery. Is arranging their presence a form of warp manipulating artifice, that being the core of sorcery.

In short, everything can be heresy if you look back on it to hard and think about it. And what do Inquisitors do but investigate and think about things. Just like winning the Game, it's hard not to ever think about the things you've done. When you do, you may just realise you're a radical.

Also, Saying "You either die a puritan or live long enough to see yourself become radical." is rather nonsensical.

It's a fanon extension of a line of Gav fluff. You really aught to go back to the original texts to form your own interpretation of it. Debating vague texts is one of the parts of the hobby I miss most from the pre-heresy book series era.

Anyway, becoming a radical isn't some sort of binary switch. The characters don't wake up one day and decide to sell out to the dark (gods) side. It's a result of thousands of little actions along the way. It's not purging that 'art society' you found because they keep finding new 'dealers' whose contacts they'll share with you as a 'fellow enthusiast'. It's looking the other way when the local Arbites get just a bit too trigger happy with their riot suppression and not looking into their service records about wasting the Emperor's munitions and squandering his currency (the blood of his subjects). It's not taking some of the rioters alive so you can figure out what instigated it and extirpate that. It's looking back upon all the works you've done in His name and regretting some of them. It's reflecting on your career and not seeing lessons that you can learn and grow from.

Even all that isn't quite right, but it's a part of it. There's also being tainted by much of the knowledge you've gleaned to combat The adversaries. Hexagrammic wards are sorcerous constructs, sorcery is heresy, but you'd've been dammed trying to purge that witch if you hadn't had them with you. So, you find a new witch. So you study a bit more and modify your wards. Maybe you bring some Battle Sisters with you 'cause you've studied how their faith interacts with the warp and sorcery. Is arranging their presence a form of warp manipulating artifice, that being the core of sorcery.

In short, everything can be heresy if you look back on it to hard and think about it. And what do Inquisitors do but investigate and think about things. Just like winning the Game, it's hard not to ever think about the things you've done. When you do, you may just realise you're a radical.

Ok, but I'm just saying I don't think a canoness would ever fall anywhere except the far end of the Puritan side of the spectrum

Also, I know that line is something from the fluff, it's just that as it was quoted here, it doesn't mean a whole lot.

The vast majority of 40k quotes don't mean a lot even in context. They're pop wisdom - they sound profound, but actually have little content.

As for criticising other peoples' artwork, it's a fallacy that only people with better skills can criticise... and I learned that in art school (sort of) :tongue.:

The vast majority of 40k quotes don't mean a lot even in context. They're pop wisdom - they sound profound, but actually have little content.

As for criticising other peoples' artwork, it's a fallacy that only people with better skills can criticise... and I learned that in art school (sort of) :tongue.:

I just don't want to sound like a jerk or anything. Most of the art in this thread is fantastic! I'm just pointing out minor things that I think are flaws.

This is probably my favorite thread on the forum. Huh. I almost spelled "favorite" as "favourite" I have no idea why. The extra 'u's are seeping into my language (I've already officially stopped spelling armour without a u).

Post 999! curse you Tzeentch!