The art of sisters

Dread

Sadly, she never had dual pistols. She was a Battle Sister, then a Repentia, then a whatever the heck she is now. XD

They called it living Saint.

That's what they say it is, but let's be honest, she's either a Perpetual or the Imperium's version of a Daemon Princess.

EDIT:

http://i.imgur.com/5Ya8vvP.jpg

Edited by Fulkes

Sadly, she never had dual pistols. She was a Battle Sister, then a Repentia, then a whatever the heck she is now. XD

They called it living Saint.

That's what they say it is, but let's be honest, she's either a Perpetual or the Imperium's version of a Daemon Princess.

EDIT:

http://i.imgur.com/5Ya8vvP.jpg

Obligatory "HERESY" comment.

But I guess there are some commonalities, except that Celestine has a mortal form that has been repeatedly resurrected by the emperor, while daemons only manifest temporarily in realspace.

I was doing a little side reading and apparently according to one source a normal person who dies can become a Perpetual as well. Though the causes of that aren't clear from what I read.

I was doing a little side reading and apparently according to one source a normal person who dies can become a Perpetual as well. Though the causes of that aren't clear from what I read.

Huh. I don't know much about the perpetuals. Isn't that one of those people they retconned Olanius Pius into? Or am I thinking of something else? Idk, but I refuse to think of Pius as anything other than a normal human, because that's what makes him one of the most epic characters in 40K.

Off topic.

Regardless, I also refuse to think of Celestine as a perpetual. I like the whole idea that the Emperor keeps returning her to life. Is that what a perpetual is? I just feel like calling Celestine that makes her less special.

Huh. I don't know much about the perpetuals. Isn't that one of those people they retconned Olanius Pius into? Or am I thinking of something else? Idk, but I refuse to think of Pius as anything other than a normal human, because that's what makes him one of the most epic characters in 40K.

Off topic.

Regardless, I also refuse to think of Celestine as a perpetual. I like the whole idea that the Emperor keeps returning her to life. Is that what a perpetual is? I just feel like calling Celestine that makes her less special.

No, the Emp is a perpetual, Celestine's behavior doesn't really match the perpetual thing.

But I guess there are some commonalities, except that Celestine has a mortal form that has been repeatedly resurrected by the emperor, while daemons only manifest temporarily in realspace.

So she's more a divine Daemonhost than a Daemon Princess, makes sense, she is a vessel for another's power after all.

Off topic.

No, the Emp is a perpetual, Celestine's behavior doesn't really match the perpetual thing.

Ok. Like I said, I'm under informed. I thought that the emperor was unique. I guess this is really old fluff, but I understand that a bunch of Druids that would normally reincarnate when they died on super ancient earth all committed mass suicide to create the Emperor when the chaos gods stopped their reincarnation.

What's the emperor's current origin story?

On the subject of Celestine's dove. I kind of picture it as she holds onto it during the battle, when she falls the first time her hand falls open and the dove flies free of her grip and she gets back up. There's also an option for a WoW style res animation.

Perpetual are Immortals (like (presumably)the Big E, Vulkan, possibly Khârn, and a few others) who come back to life after dying. They shrug of mortal wounds and disease like you would a paper cut.

Depending on the source they either pop back to life immediately (Vulkan) or take longer to come back to life (like Khârn and Celestine do).

Without a clear lift of who is a perpetual of course we can't say for certain but it's about the only other thing I'd claim Celestine to be outside of a Daemon Princess.

The Daemonhost analogy doesn't work as that is two separate consciousness bound into a single body. Daemon Prince(esses) are imbued with power by their patron deity to become something greater than just a mere mortal (usually a Marine but Belakor pre-dates the Marines by a long time and was given power by all four Chaos Gods).

The Perpetual thing works but falls short of explaining how she appears different places exactly when she's needed. 

I like to think of Celestine as a bit like Gordon Freeman, being snatched into the warp by the Gman... Emperor at the moment of taking a nuke to the face. Then deposited where she's needed the most and snatched back into the warp when her work is done. All the while never being allowed to die. 

When thought out being cursed to eternal life and eternal battle is worthy of the grim dank 40k universe.

Especially when you consider her back ground as a repentia, for those women death is the only penance worthy of salvation.

Edited by Drider

Off topic.

Ok. Like I said, I'm under informed. I thought that the emperor was unique. I guess this is really old fluff, but I understand that a bunch of Druids that would normally reincarnate when they died on super ancient earth all committed mass suicide to create the Emperor when the chaos gods stopped their reincarnation.

What's the emperor's current origin story?

That's still current as far as I can tell, the Emp is not just a perpetual.

As for Celestine, she best fits a daemon prince(ss). Once mortal, given the power of a greater being, but never fully dying. Additionally, the warp time wibblywobbliness allows her to be in more than one place at once. (It would also explain the wings, regardless of what side of that fence you are on). Plus it fits in well with the whole firetide as daemons of the starchild/astronomicon warp entity thing. I personally ascribe to the notion that the God Emperor/Starchild is not entirely the same entity as the Emperor of Mankind, but a separate being created from the faith of humanity that coalesced around the psychic imprint of the Emperor.

That ork's head is 'sploded!

I'm not sure where she found that iron halo though. And since I'm nit picking, her Chaplet Ecclesiasticus is not attacked to the customary beads.

I like this one! It basically looks like one of the models!

Oh, and the Chaplet is a little weird. The bits to the sides of the skull should be arranged in a circle, like the points of a star, not sticking out like some weird version of the Inquisition's emblem. Anyhow, it's nice that that's the biggest issue I have with this art.

I guess I should note, I could NEVER do anything that looks even 1/1000 as good as this. I'm just pointing out little things for the sake of discussion.

http://pro.bols.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/bols-dp-0175.jpg?760540

Sorry this is a little big (and not exactly art) but it was the picture of the day thing on Bell of Lost Souls, and I found it interesting. Especially the green hair.

What on earth were they thinking? That green clashes horribly with the rest of the colour scheme.

That said, they do look pretty badass in Praetors of Orpheus colours.