+++E Tenebrae Lux II - Dark Angels Strategium+++

Captain Semper

Ok, as my deathwing portion of my

Vow is nearing completion (just champion and standard bearer left) I've decided to put the gunslinger vets up to a vote. I have 5 mk II models, 10 mk III models and 5 mk IV models. What should I use for the gunslingers? All iron,or a mix of Maximus and crusade.

I would always choose crusade or iron armour over maximus. I just prefer the medieval/WW1 aesthetic of overlapping plates, rivets and grilles.

Captain Semper

I did message you about it, as with the picture I'll see if the servitors can correct it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for progress, I finished the librarian earlier

• 4 weeks later...

finally, fifth vow completed

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h222/caalsigo/deathwing/P1010037_zpscff57ab1.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h222/caalsigo/deathwing/P1010039_zps20754760.jpgeventualy i will have to go back and touch up those scenic bases, paint some of the stone green and glue flock on top so they match more with the rest of the army. as they are they stand like a sore thumbgeek.gif

but that can wait. now, to enjoy some rest yes.gif

a final word, i would like to make a special mention to Pbenner, for firmly planting his power armored boot on my power armored backside when i tought about abandoning the event, and reminding me that it takes more than a mere flesh wound to stop a dark angel thanks.gif

semper fidelis

glory to the first

I Tanhausen answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one Chapter Master with artificer armour, power field generator and plasma pistol from  Codex Dark angels of total value 155pts on or before August 15th.

Success will bring eternal glory to The Dark Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end

Let it not be said that I didn't try to help my Brothers. A humble vow which I hope will only increase the significance of the First Legion's crushing victory.

Do I need to post a pic of the dude in sprues before June 15th or can it be added later?

One day I shall break a vow.

One day I shall commit to help my brothers and I shall fail.

One day I will not be able to perform my Holy Duties.

But that day is not today.

Vow completed

@ Aradiel: It's great to see you completing your fifth vow and contributing more than 2k pts to the DA cause! And all that while suffering real life hand injury! Congratulations Brother - now go to recuperate and watch the end of the event in the knowledge that you have done your duty to the Lion! :)

@ Tanhausen: I knew it brother. The day Tanhausen will let us down has not yet come. I think it will never come! ;) Congratulations for completing!

Finally I am able to report success! Vow Complete!  Full pictures and close ups are in the WIP blog.

Captain Semper, I made an error in the vow.  I was off on the points total for the Landspeeder Vengeance, it should be 160 points not 140, so the overall points total for the vow is 1284 points.

WP_20130803_021.jpg

I'm so excited, I get to post my final completion tonight.  I can't wait to get out of work to finish getting models attached to their bases.  Then it's waiting time for the last of the bits I need to round of my Rank and File 1st company.  

Cap'n - I did my math badly on my Final Vow, over costing the one terminator by a point, under costing the Combi-Plasmas by a point each, and missing a Chainfist.

The actual total for my 5th vow will be 1,627 points, for a grand total across the ETL of 5,027 points.  

I'll throw all the pictures up tonight before bed, and I can wipe my hands and sit back to watch the show.  

Glory to the First Legion, my Brethren!

Paul

The actual total for my 5th vow will be 1,627 points, for a grand total across the ETL of 5,027 points.  

And I'm happy because I did 155 points...lol!

Vows, custom dice...everything in big serving, huh? ;)

Well,

I've always been a believer in "Go big or go home."

This was close to my original vow totals, but no where near what I originally planned.  Painting the Mortis Contemptors threw me for a loop, as I had never painted one before and didn't know exactly what I was getting into.  Once I got past the head game there things went much smoother.  

I ended up skipping large models that were small in points, like my Lucius Pattern Dreadnought Drop Pods - Lots of Surface area for not many more points than a single Terminator made them not efficient vows.  The Chaplain Dreadnoughts that go in them were a possibility for the competition, but ended up being skipped in favor of doing them at the same time as their drop pods.  

Grotsmasha was a big push in points, and is responsible for about 400 points on my vow.  His Librarian Conversion challenge made me take a look at what I could do, and after doing two there, I did two more for giggles to round out a total of 5 Terminator Librarians for my Librarius.

I think the biggest help was actually having the models.  I'd been collecting Terminators since last ETL, saying "I'll paint them eventually".  The ETL was a big push towards that, and all said and done, I painted 66 Terminators (5 in a Command Squad) with a good mixture of weapons, and 8 Characters (4 Librarians and 4 Chaplains in Terminator Armor), plus the three Dreadnoughts.  

77 total models for an average point per model of just over 65 points isn't too bad all things considered.  I still have plenty left to paint, but my steam is kind of spent, and I know if will be pretty much for good once the last 17 are painted.  

Keep those brushes going, Brothers.  The might of the Lion will NOT be denied!

Paul

Well I was the lucky recipient of a concussion last week, which is making painting a tad difficult :(

I've got my final vow about halfway done however and as soon as the shakes and disorientation cease I will continue to completion.

Congrats to everyone who has managed to get a completion, first or fifth it all good ;)

Brothers,

Is anyone else having issues with uploading photos to their personal gallery? I've completed 58 terminators one Dreadnought 7 assault marines 4 characters two landspeeders and a Predator (and god am I tired) however I can't show you all because the damn gallery wont let me upload the photos. Not to worry I will get them posted come hell or highwater. I do have 9 Bikers to finish and one Nephilim and then my eyes can stop bleeding. If anyone knows of a trick or has any picture uploading info please let me know. I think it maybe because the site went down before and we had to backtrack? No idea but my photos don't like it. Any help would be appreciated.

DoC

Right, try uploading them to photobucket or equivalent. Then copy the direct link and paste it in the appropriate field that appears when you click the "image" icon in the toolbar of your editor here... It should work no problem. Can't wait to see it!

Here they are:

http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss129/pbenner2250/20130729_133825_zpsafa0b665.jpg

http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss129/pbenner2250/20130729_181712_zps47e5b153.jpg

http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss129/pbenner2250/20130801_211810_zps7f88d38e.jpg

And finished:

http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss129/pbenner2250/20130805_181323_zps637cd9ba.jpg

Just in time for the next weekly update (if we get one) another 1,672 points put up for the cause.  

Fifth and Final vow is finished, and I'm 17 Terminators from done with Normal Deathwing - woot woot!

Paul

Awesome stuff Paul!

Not only do you have a fantastic army now, nicely painted too, not only did you encourage and inspire others to keep going, but now you got how many white pearls? smile.png

A character will be named in your honour HQ.gif

Oh if only I was in your position and able to sit back and relax.

thumbsup.gif

Cod

RL just gets in the way too much, someone should beat RL down with a big stick, a power stick! Boom!

Yeah, I need to get another project log going. Tonight i prepped 40 bases for cork, but I need to go buy another roll of cork before I get started on them. Working my way through building my 35 Deathwing Knights to prep them for priming, and sacrificed the last GK torso back for one more Librarian, so that should be good.

Productive night, the only painting that got done was priming my last 17 terminators though.

Paul

Great job Paul! :tU:

Your completion is registered and you 5,027pts are indeed a huge achievement! Right now you're leading the effort in the DA camp - although some of our brothers are still to report... I'm glad the ETL motivated you to paint a large portion of your stash and you are now able to field a fully painted DW army for any 40k-sized game! Once again congratulations!

And yes there will be a weekly update tomorrow as normal! So any of you who are able, you'd better complete your vows today or early tomorrow the latest so you'll be included there!

Hey Captain,

Due to the server crash I'm not showing complete again.

I know you have me on your personal spreadsheet but it makes me feel better to have post #1 updated.

Great work running this comp mate, cudos to you so get it sorted tongue.png.

This may affect others too...

Crazy Stobz

Stobz.... Stobz... Ah, here you are: Completed 185pts - a Chaplain Dread was it? Yes we got you in our files brother, as a loyal servant of the Lion.

Seriously though, I'm not going to be updating the front page in the odd chance that it will be restored. If that will be the case I will then edit last week's completions and we got everything intact. Besides as your completion post is deleted I will not be able to provide a link for it  -the real purpose of the first page list...

No need to worry though, I got your completion in the private records of the Book of the Righteous in my cell in the Rock. Everything is safe and your name will be shown in the list of completions in the Final report. Just wait for a week... it's the price we got to pay for the site's implosion.

AND THEY SHALL KNOW NO INSECURITY!!!

Archived