+++E Tenebrae Lux II - Dark Angels Strategium+++

Captain Semper

True words Rajden,

I've never painted a whole army in one go, the task looks so impossible at the start, but gives you such a feeling of accomplishment when your done.

Many thanks to Captain Semper for all your hard work during these months , only the totals and end write up to go then your indeed ready for a well earned rest

It's always a pleasure to participate. I really wanted to paint more, but RL decided otherwise.

Still, there's always next year :-)

Cap'n Semper, thanks for running this. I've red all the updates and stuff like this keeps me in (or at least, near) the hobby. thumbsup.gif

Jan

I am glad for these type of painting events. If not for them I might still have many unpainted figures and models laying around. Yep their everywhere, darn things always getting underfoot msn-wink.gif

Still haven't started on the THawk, darn thing scares me. Probably should make it my next MAJOR project.

Though with the addition of 60 TDA I'm going to go through the whole force (190ish), touch-up, and base the whole lot. Start the DW Knights maybe do one more Command Sqd and finish the three each remaining Libbies and Chappies. Then call it a done deal on TDA.

Eternal Glory and Honour to the chapter and yet there is no time to rest so long the traitor hide in the shadows.

As the ETL campaign has ended the Consecrators gear up for full scale war. THIS WAS JUST THE BEGINNING.

Bravo gentlemen! That was quite an impressive performance you put in. I thought we had a chance to pull off an upset, but looking at the statistics from Captain, you guys really did own this one from start to finish.

Well played and we'll see you next year.

We're still not letting you off the hook for Ophidium though.

"Duty, Honor, Chapter" — those three hallowed words reverently dictate what we strive for in our hobby, what we can build, what we will play. They are our rallying point to stretch our determination when determination seems to fail, to regain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith, to create success when chances for success become forlorn.

I salute all of you.

Well the Unforgiven fell upon their rivals with unstoppable force! A well deserved victory brothers against worthy opponents! It's been a highly enjoyable ride for me seeing the First rise to prominence and assuming its rightful place as Primus Inter Pares!

I would also like to thank you for your kind words... :blush: :thanks: It was really rewarding for me to see the Unforgiven coming together is such force and produce some fantastic results to boot! :)

@Liberame: you know how the popular song goes: "you can check out anytime you like but you can never leave!" It refers to the Rock you know... :P

Now for all those who had Terminators as part of your vow (go DW) you are invited to post them in the Hobbyist Showcase discussion that is part of the Indomitus Project. It can become an awesome collection of Terminator images of the entire B&C community!

Let's hear it for Captain Semper, whose write up and had work make this event so fun. I especially enjoy the graphs at the end of the report, they really show how much larger the event has grown.

I was amazed by the mega-vows this year with players painting 3-9 thousand points! That's larger than most armies, let along to be done in such a short time.

Also incredible was the standard of painting, I tried to check every thread to see all the cool stuff.

I know that each participation made the difference but...

Without Pbenner and Liberame respectively the DW standard bearer and the chapter champion, we would be under the BTs by 2000 pts!

Congrats ! I admire your dedication.

Congrats to the DA board for getting back the place we should never hav given up : for the 1st!

Yeah, definitely massive props and kudos to Captain Semper for organising all of this - I do have a personal question for you: What kind of fears did you have whilst organising this event?

I mean... what if no one but a handful of members contributed/participated..?

(Granted, everyone into the hobby is SUPER keen on showing off and commenting on each other's work so maybe it's the very nature of the hobby that's brought so many good people together..?)

And man, I always have to look at that large lead number again... really..? 21k points..?! REALLY..?!?!

Firstly, I know no fear! :p

My biggest concern was that the site's hiccups might drive people away. With the site offline for the best part of Week 9 and then the loss of two weeks worth of posts in Aug 4 certainly some could have understandably cooled off.

Thankfully the frater remained involved and produced this fantastic outcome! :)

Archived