+++E Tenebrae Lux II - Imperial Guard Strategium+++

I truly am sorry for the lack of updates on my part, but I kinda blame those minotaurs of mine. Painting those up in ways I haven't even tried on any tanks yet-- weathering. Other than that, I got some ideas for my next vow, albeit it will definitely be smaller...

Emperor's biscuits, we really need to get our first vow out the door it's starting to look bad! Guardsmen, the God-Emperor needs you! Will you fail him and your sacred duty or rise up to victory and glory?

I'll be completing my first vow soon, only the Vendetta needs any real amount of work. Like Argun I've ideas for my second vow but it will be small, I won't have much time and don't have many unpainted models to work on. Unless I buy some more tanks which is always a temptation...

I am ready to add 3x Basilisk 125X3 375

2X Manticore 160X2 320

1X Medusa with an enclosed crew compartment and Bastion breacher shell 135+15+5 155

1X Leman Russ battle tank with Heavy bolters and a lasscannon 158+15+20 185

1X Leman Russ Executioner with plasma cannons and a lasscannon 190+15+40 245

total 1280 points.

This will be added to my WIP thread along with pictures. 

Not a lot to paint should go fairly quickly and finish along with the first Vow.

Now I had best go get some pictures and get painting.

@uberwolve don't vow it till you've done your first vow, otherwise it won't count, but good luck nonetheless. save that for down the line. 

@warriorfish no need to panic, we're doing it true guard style and mobilising at the last minute. with highest average vows, we're in a good place imho, just need to get them finished lol

we'll do it peeps, i've a feeling the guard sub-forum will be the most 'done at once' sub-forum out of all of us 

Yes Uberwolve, you cannot alter your vow once made - not in a significant way anyway. Adding a powerfist here and krak grenade there will not be a problem but adding essentially another mega-vow is not allowed... You have to complete your existing vow and then make a new vow with whatever it is you want to add... The reason is, I don't want people to bypass the 5-vow limit by amending existing ones.

So once you declare completion you'll be free to add another vow of whatever size you feel like - just remember that failing one vow is failing all. So be extra confident if you want to up the stakes! ;)

Starting to finish the minotaurs. Just one question: anybody have any ideas on what to color the interior? I'm kinda stumped on it so far.

How about a cream colour? That seems to be pretty common and inoffensive so should work?

Cream color is always a safe option. An alternative would be just bear metal. It has a more desperate feel about it  - a straight from the factory kind of situation. It's also faster to do, if that is a consideration.

I painted an Inquisitorial Land Raider up a few years ago, went as far as to make the side doors open and spent many hours on it. The inside was carefully painted and I was quite pleased with it until I realised the internal grey was very similar to the the grey of plastic...

Are you planning on doing a second vow Sviar, or do you not have the time? Not that we're desperate or anything.

Glory to the first man to die pledge a second! :P

Thanks you smile.png

Are you planning on doing a second vow Sviar, or do you not have the time? Not that we're desperate or anything.

Glory to the first man to die pledge a second! tongue.png

Well I do have a couple of weeks before my vacation starts(most of it will be spent away), and it ends after the ETL had ended. But I will however make a second vow.

I pledge to paint a Scout Sentinel with Autocannon and Searchlight before 15th of August, this amounts to 41 points.

The faith in my fellow Guards is so strong that I think I'm going to make a penance vow if we don't reach 100% completions. But I will get back to you on that. If I decide to make one is it OK with you Captain Semper.

Hah, I was going to make a comment about ETL II not even being finished yet but then I realised I was already musing on what I could be doing for it myself... I don't want to sound crazy or anything but maybe we'd finally have our missing artillery models by then..? My artillery stands at a miserable 2 Basilisks and 1 Manticore and this simply won't do.

Well, so far I've got 3 artillery pieces in the works. Hopefully for my second vow I'll be adding another 3 basilisks (real ones this time!) to the mix, along with some lord commissars and Yarrick.

Captain Sempter advised me that out of competition vows are still allowed, even though I missed the 15 June deadline. Therefore, in the interests of solidarity with my Imperial Guard comrades, and to offer moral support, I undertake the following vow:

I, Nicodemus Dolorosus answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 Penal Legion Squad, and 1 Company Command Squad (containing and officer with power fist, 2 flamers, 2 meltaguns, 1 Astropath,1 Officer of the Fleet) from Codex: Imperial Guard, on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Inquisition and the inducted regiments under Lord Inquisitor Soulis (namely the XVIII Green Devils for this vow), and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Garbled transmission decoded.

Yes Uberwolve, you cannot alter your vow once made - not in a significant way anyway. Adding a powerfist here and krak grenade there will not be a problem but adding essentially another mega-vow is not allowed... You have to complete your existing vow and then make a new vow with whatever it is you want to add... The reason is, I don't want people to bypass the 5-vow limit by amending existing ones

So, following your guidance I have completed my first vow.

if anything is out of order please let me know and I will do my best to set them right.

Sending massage form forward reads

Orders as follows. launch Phase 2 of vow. nothing follows.

And so I now Vow to complete this list of models on or before  August 15th

I am ready to add 3x Basilisk 125X3 375

2X Manticore 160X2 320

1X Medusa with an enclosed crew compartment and Bastion breacher shell 135+15+5 155

1X Leman Russ battle tank with Heavy bolters and a lasscannon 158+15+20 185

1X Leman Russ Executioner with plasma cannons and a lasscannon 190+15+40 245

total 1280 points.

in addition to that.

1 griffon 75 + enclosed crew compartment +15 = 90 points

2 standard issue commissars unit upgrades 35+35=70

1 commissar with power weapon 35+10=45

and 1 DKoK commissar on Horseback, he will count as a lord Commissar with plasma pistol and power sword

Neither are drawn. 70+10+10=90

a total of  295+1280 = 1575

@ Nicodemus: Welcome aboard! I look forward to see your vow done and to proudly wear the Custos Fidei! Keep in mind that you can display the point value of your vow even if it will not count to the total. You know just for refernece. Good luck! :)

@ uberwolve: Wow! The big guns have finally arrived! The IG is now getting into the thick of it! Impressive second vow too... If only the other elements of the Vive were to follow the IG example things would have been easier for you guys. Be that as it may, uberwolve is showing the way! ;)

Huzzah! Now the Captain can stop telling us off in the ETL updates! laugh.png I'm working hard whenever I get free time, I swear!

Will you be creating a WIP topic Nico? Since it's more or less an ETL vow it would be nice to join in as much as you can, plus I'd get to see more Guard being painted smile.png

Keep up the good work everyone! I've "politely declined" all invites for this weekend so I can dedicate it to my Vendetta :) I've also ordered some models in anticipation of my second vow ideas since I was ordering some Apoc stuff anyway.

Archived