+++E Tenebrae Lux II - Imperial Guard Strategium+++

Heh, good to hear but considering all you've painted just over the ETL it's not much of a surprise to find out you've plenty of other models loafing around waiting to be done tongue.png

I did the black base coat for the bases last night which is always a pain in the arse and very tedious making sure I don't get any on the model so I will be completing the bases and my vow tonight biggrin.png For some reason I really enjoy painting bases, I think it's a mixture of it being a relatively slow but simple process without any details to worry about and the fact it's the last bit before a model is done! smile.png

In more good news I've managed to put the boot up my gaming circle to get the ball rolling again as we've not had any games for a bit. Maybe it was the constant rabbiting about the new Space Marine models and the progress on my ETL painting projects? tongue.png I can't wait to get my new units on the table!

I hereby report that my second vow is complete! biggrin.png

Well done everyone, I think we've put in a bloody good show for the newest forum so I'm proud to have done my bit smile.png Come what may, I might just have to re-vow for the Guard again next year out of loyalty - models be damned! I'm sure I can bring myself to buy more Guard models for it if I must laugh.png

Thanks Captain, I'm sure everyone is glad that I won't be posting so much about it any more laugh.png My planned break from painting is rapidly disappearing as I start scheming my next projects so the ETL definitely worked for me smile.png

I think that's everyone reporting in now right? Just got to wait for the results biggrin.png

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/277060-leinmanns-etl-ii-wip-thread/

finally i can declare VOW COMPLETE! i do apologise for not posting up on tuesday but i've either developed an abscess or i'm being rewarded by the dark gods, although if i as a betting man i'd put money on the former. but with hours to spare, my points are finally added to the Vive total. and i agree with you warriorfish, at least the guard have done their bit.

can i just take this moment good chaps, as we enter the final hours of the ETL II, it has been an honour and a privilage to serve with you.  

Well done! biggrin.png Another glorious completion to add to our roster smile.png

A salute to the Captain too for organising the ETL and all the effort that must have taken. You'll understand if we don't make that a gun salute, as once the Guard start shooting there's no telling how much devastation it'd cause laugh.png

Right:

@ leinmann: Your completion is registered - well done, litterally in the eleventh hour! hahahaha!!! Bravo! :tu:

@ Fasha: Use a mobile phone, use and iPad, use I don;t know - anything... If pictures are not provided within the next hour I will not be able to accept the completion. It's not I don;t beleive you, it's that with 350 participants in the event trying to get everrything by the deadline I have to keep things strict on this front. Can you use a firend's or neighbour's mobile phone? C'mon - it's this next hour that matters!!!

=][= ETL II IS OFFICIALLY OVER =][=

http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/ETL_2013_Poster_00.jpg

+++ NO COMPLETIONS WILL BE REGISTERED PAST THIS POINT +++

Brave brothers and sisters, it’s time to remove your Oath of Moment for the moment has passed. It will soon be replaced with either the Custos Fidei or the dreaded Oath Breaker badge! Thank you all for participating - it's been a fantastic ride !

In the next couple of days I'll be compiling the data of the ETL II, cross-checking everything making sure there are no loose ends. During that time, you are welcome to post here anything that you feel requires my attention, be that an old completion that I did not explicitly acknowledge or anything else you may like to comment on. I will NOT accept any more completions though. None whatsoever!

Come this weekend, (most likely Saturday, August 19th) a full detailed report will be released and all the details of the ETL will be analyzed and be open for discussion. All participants will be awarded their badges and the faction to become ETL II Champion, the Primus Inter Pares, will be officially announced. So until then keep your breath for who know what really happened?

+++THE DOORS OF ETL II ARE CLOSED FOREVER+++

gallery_27176_8461_79162.jpg

Driving challenge complete:

http://s17.postimg.org/vaxduyzfj/Tanks.jpg

+++EDIT+++

Here is a group shot of what I hope is all the stuff I vowed as these guys have seen games since painted and it is hard to keep track of all the little buggers.  I noticed there are a couple Guardsmen and a spare Servitor in there and I left out the distractions I painted as well. 

http://s17.postimg.org/f8qpu7ra7/Final.jpg

+++EDIT+++

Almost forgot the interior of the luxury Chimera with the hardwood floor and fireplace!

http://s15.postimg.org/461iiiexn/Chimera_interior.jpg

Haha! Well done Fasha (I think...) :P Good to see all your models in one picture too, or rather all the valid vow ones at least! You should put the images in the initial completion post though for completenesses sake.

Congratulations to everyone who took part, The Emperor must be proud of His righteous hammer this day :)

I look forward to seeing the result - in particular our individual Guard forum's tally :D

No, that went a while ago. Obscura is presumably quite busy in real space as he's not even logged in for some time. Or at least that's what I hope, given the alternatives.

Even so that's only a single failure if I am correct? A damn fine showing for such a new forum biggrin.png We bring not only the bayonets but the guts behind them too! Would that I could say the same of the Sisters forum, the ranks of the Repentia will surely swell this day...

Obscura should be declared Excommunicate Traitoris.  In fact I say if he alone is the reason this forum does not have 100% completion, he should get a special oath breaker banner.

Something like this:

http://s24.postimg.org/7d6fncd79/Oath_Breaker.jpg

Seems a little harsh Fasha, especially coming from one who so nearly joined him in oath breaking! laugh.png

Since he's not logged in for about a month and hasn't responded to my PM (he may be an oath breaker, but he's not rude) I figured that something pretty important must have happened. Without any news we've just got to hope his reasons aren't too serious and that he can return soon.

We're the Imperial Guard, we don't turn on our own - leave that to the traitorous dogs of Chaos msn-wink.gif

See, I subscribe to that Thought of the Day: "The difference between failure and betrayal is one of semantics."

No seriously, Guard oath breakers should have a Guardsman or Commissar instead of a Chaplain and the Excommunicate Traitoris stamp is just cool.

Ya know, I almost want to make the ruling for everyone who vowed, but never showed anything for it be DQ'ed for end totals. (Not just Ob, but everyone in all participating sub-forums)

Semper, if ya read this post, would it be against the rules to do /\?

Hehe, well without testimony from the man himself we will never know! This is my first ETL, so I don't quite know how the badges work. I'm assuming the member must take responsibility for amending their signature? In which case given Obscura's MIA status it might be a moot point...

Like Argun said, as Obscura is our only failure (going from memory as the initial post is out of date due to the Great Loss) and has vanished from the forum entirely rather than quitting the vow or just not bothering any more it doesn't really feel like we failed in our quest for 100%.

So whether we get the actual 100% feels academic, Hollywood should make an underdog film about us where we defy all expectations but fall at the last hurdle. I'd be played by Sir Patrick Stuart. He doesn't look or sound anything like me, but it feels appropriate.

Archived