+++E Tenebrae Lux II - Imperial Guard Strategium+++

Well the Wednesday deadline is a no go for me as those two missing models are still the property of the cat.  Today was also a busy errand day so I didn't get to the airbrush either, but I did paint other things.  The three Servitors are finished and I have started the two Psykers so I only need to finish the tanks and four infantry (of which two I will have to go buy) models to complete the vow.  Painting tanks is quick and fun and I am really glad I have saved them for last as a reward. 

Also, five of the six Librarians I started were finished today, leaving only he Space Hulk Blood Angels one.  I set my Red Scorpion transfer sheet somewhere I knew would be safe where I could not possibly lose it not two weeks ago, yet now that I want to slap some water slides on these four Librarians I cannot find it.  I'd lose my head if it wasn't screwed on tight, not necessarily right. 

http://s12.postimg.org/5nvvo20il/Librarians_and_Servitors.jpg

Heh, it seems like most of Fasha's posts can be summed up as: "I didn't get much done on my vow but I did paint all these other models" laugh.png At this stage have you painted more non-vow models? Maybe it's not uber but you that needs investigating for heretical time warping powers? tongue.png

I wish I left my tanks until last because I'm not very quick with infantry, plus these are fancier models with all the extra little details. I'm plugging away though, all but the Enginseer can be safely described as "mostly done" now smile.png

Are those Librarians ready for the Apoc formation?

don't you worry warriorfish, i'll be on time for the deadline. i did update my thread a while ago but thanks to the roll back i'll have to update my album again, but i'll do so when all of the minis are finished (only tanks now). its all good my friend. 

Excellent! Now we just need to find Obscura, he still hasn't logged on since I last checked. Maybe we should send him a message to see if he's alright?

Out of curiosity does anyone know the emergency contact frequency for the commissariat? I need to contact them quite urgently... uh, the Lord Commissar's birthday is coming up or something? Yeah, that's totally it. It's his birthday and I need to know if he's already got a bolt pistol. Nothing to be worried about leinmann... you just... uh... you just sit right here and don't make any sounds or go outside laugh.png

Who needs the comissariat when you've got Medu-- I mean those big cannons you find in the circus that fire guys into nets?

Just stay right there leinmann... The Manticores, Minotaurs, and Basilisks are primed and waiting to send you party invitations if you don't finish the ETL. (Note: the artillery crews are cheering you on as we speak, they want you to finish in a spectacular fashion!)

I've never been to the circus, do they actually do that? Must be a devil to get past the Adeptus Eldar 'n' Safety.

I've just got the faces and camouflage to do before along with the bases (which I prefer to leave until last). Then just a few little gems and skulls and I'm all done :) So far all has gone to plan and I'm able to make good progress at a nice pace. They don't even look that bad either :P

At this stage have you painted more non-vow models? Maybe it's not uber but you that needs investigating for heretical time warping powers? tongue.png

Haha.

Or since it is his cat who's preventing him to finish his vow, we should contact the Inquisitions Meow Department for a possible hereticlaugh.png

Today I bought replacements for the missing Servitors.  I also did a little work on the two Psykers and should finish them this evening.  However, I also changed my 8,000 ppoint list for Saturday's Apocalypse game and needed to paint five Deathwing Terminators, two guys with missile launchers, a Company Master with a combi-plasma, and a Rhino.  I am also almost done with those too as I have been productive today and if I work through the evening, those will also be completed.  Those two and and the tanks, weather permitting, are on tomorrow's agenda.  Here is the Servitor blister for the before picture:

http://s7.postimg.org/w0eo45m8b/Servitors_WIP.jpg

+++EDIT+++

As for total non-vow points  (thus far):

[260] 10 Red Scorpion Assault Marines: Power Claw, 3 Plasma Pistols

[245] 10 Red Scorpion Assault Marines: Power Claw, 2 Plasma Pistols

[465] 4 Red Scorpion Librarians: 1 in Terminator Armor, 1 w/ Jump Pack, 1 w/ Plasma Pistol

[245] 5 Deathwing Terminators: Assault Cannon, Chainfist

[230] 5 Deathwing Terminators: 3 Lightning Claws, 2 Thunder Hammer/Storm Shields

[35] Rhino

[185] 10 Dark Angels Tactical Marines: Plasma Pistol, Plasma Gun, Plasma Cannon

[156] 9 Dark Angels: 2 Missile Launchers

[100] Company Master: Combi-plasma

[130] Company Master: Terminator Armor

[120] Company Master: Power Sword, Storm Shield

[65] 1 Dark Angel Librarian

[27] 1 Ravenwing Biker

[120] 4 Angrier Marines: 1 w/ Power Claw

[62] 1 Angrier Sergeant: Pair of Power Weapons

[100] 4 Angry Marines: 1 w/ Power Claw

[16] 2 Krieg Combat Engineers

[5] 1 Extra Guardsman because I lost count while painting the plastic guys

Total: 2,566.  So not yet, I have still vowed more points than what I've painted otherwise.

don't you worry gents, my traitor guard are shuffling and shambling and sneaking their way up to your position, should be done by monday/tuesday latest, 2 days before the finish. tomorrow i'll reload my album and update my WIP thread so you can all have a look see (although i apologise in advance now, i took the pics when i was in a hurry so may seem rushed and not at their peek but they aren't blurry or anything).

The Regiment will certainly not be found lacking in the more...unscrupulous areas tongue.png

Were getting close. I think I can get one more vow in. what do you all think. I have a demolisher.

So I will vow the Demolisher with plasma cannon, and a heavy flamer. 1 ADL painted to mach my bastion. And now that I know what it should look like, easy enough. I will drop the points here shortly. But that will put me over the 240 points I need to brake 4K.

So a pic or two and I will drop the points here as well tomorrow. 

And I will edit it so it looks all official too..

Only Fasha could say something like that and nobody gets worried tongue.png Looking forward to seeing your stuff smile.png Same to uber, the man who produces tanks so fast he should be a forge world... laugh.png

I'll send Obscura a PM later today to try and find out what's going on. It's likely something has cropped up that will/has prevented him from working on his vow but either way it's our duty to find out and offer our support if we can smile.png

Keep up the outstanding work everyone, let none say their faction rivalled the Guard in devotion! biggrin.png

Will do Cap.

I found a demolisher turret I had been missing a few days ago. The new Russ Kits have a smaller neck and key the the older kits. 

I was worried i would have to do something more difficult to work it out. It occurs to me I did just get a punisher cannon in.

I will try to get a weapon swap to work. will report back tonight with vow and first pic's.

And to make it official.

I uberwolve do swear  to answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX once again And vow to complete 

1 leman Russ Demolisher with heavy flamer and plasma cannon sponsons  220 points

and 1 ADL with quad gun. 100 points. a total of 320 points.

before 15 August 2013.

Success will bring eternal glory to the Imperial Guard and failure will doom me to bear the badge of shame until the year-end.

I will drop this in my wip thread and get to it.

Alright, all the infantry is done.  I threw in all six vowed Servitors, including the three I posted earlier.  I also painted a Company Master in Terminator armor and one with a storm shield and power sword.  It rained most of the day and the became unbearably humid so the tanks will have to wait for Sunday when the weatherman says we will have little humidity and nice weather.  Then I will be done with this vow.  I'll probably vow something else as I'll have until Thursday which means I can paint a bunch of stuff.  I think the Dark Vengeance Cultists, a Rogue Trade medic, and a Genestealer hybrid could be called a Veteran Squad with a shotgun and power sword armed sarge and flamer, a Company HQ with a medic and an officer armed with a bolt pistol and power weapon (rending claws), and another Company HQ with a power axe armed officer and bodyguard.  I could also throw in that Icarus Lascannon I have floating around and the old multi-melta tarantula as well to pass Monday afternoon.  I'll make the formal vow after the tanks are done.

http://s11.postimg.org/sem7j0sar/Last_of_Vow.jpg

Well, there are Guard in almost all my pictures and I did challenge myself to paint them and the the infantry in time for today's Apocalypse game.  Just think of those Space Marines as window dressing.  The bone and green offset the red and purple quite nicely in that last picture, if I do say so myself.  Really, all the fashion conscious Guardsmen are modeling in front of Dark Angels backdrops now; it's the latest trend!  Also, I painted that Icarus Lascannon this morning for the game as well, not that it killed anything despite hitting every turn...making me want to spray it black and give it to that cat (when dry) out of spite.

Well done uber, doing us proud once again smile.png I have some good news and bad. The good news is my Guard just need their bases painted which I will do over the next couple of evenings, the bad news is I've not heard back from Obscura sad.png

For whatever reason he seems to be on a break from the B&C at the least, so all we can do is pray to the Emperor that this is not due to some horrible real life concerns. Hopefully he can return to the fold soon smile.png

Well I have next year's vow already under planning and preparation for painting (all that cleaning, converting, and priming) and let me tell you it is going to be something to behold for the Ruinous Powers.  Mega vows are for mewling sycophants; mine shall be a Black Crusade sized vow!

http://s14.postimg.org/666ilsstd/Chaos_logo.jpg

Archived