Dark Mechanicus project - Something binary this way comes...

Damn.....those models are mind boggling. The use of different bits and your conversion skills combined create some truly astonishing minis. And lets not forget the paint job. Everything from the dark metal to the green glow effect (you really nailed the glowing runes btw :tu: ) enhance allready superb models to another level.

I was a fan of your deathguard, but these just blow them out of the water.

Gonna jump on the band wagon of praise and say holy ducking tera they're AMAZING!!!

I demand more! Lol but seriously wonderful details and the runes really do add so much to the minis keep it up I can't wait to see your count as termi's and your first demon prince!

Thanks a lot guys, I really appreciate all the kind comments. :)

Sacred feth, those are beautiful!

It looks like you are keeping both color schemes, with the Iron Warriors for the constructs, and the red and gold for the adepts?

I'm trying it out, as an experiment. I'll have to do a few cultists, to see how it works out, and if I'm able to tie the schemes together.

Paint has really added to them a lot. The schemes shown are fantastic. The green runes are just right against the other colours thumbsup.gif

You made some amazing conversions! Especially the last helbrute on the previous page is right up my alley. And the paint jobs, you improved unbelievably since the first painted picture. So nice to see all this!

Thanks a lot for the kind comments, guys. I'm really liking the paint scheme as well - and the green glow really makes them pop on the table. One of the guys at my local 40k club actually thought they were LEDs, wieved from a distance.

I haven't done any more painting this weekend, been out to a couple of gigs with the band, and got home at 8 in the morning, but after a couple hours of sleep, I got inspired to do another take on my spawns - I'm not really a fan of the old ones, they're a bit too silly (like the "Evil bubble helbrute" which will get retired as soon as I get a better idea), and I dug out an old conversion, and did some more work on him:

spawnproto1.jpg

The idea is sort of a corrupted arcoflaggelant, pumped full of drugs and flailing wildly with his powerflails - also a bit inspired by the cyborg in the original Judge Dredd movie. I'm really liking this, although it's only a prototype, and I think I'll try to make 5 of these guys, in different action poses. Think of them as a Dark Mechanicus Biologus cult experiment.

You mean Mean Machine from Judge Dread. Your one is looking tasty. Always fun trying to work out all the bits in your creations. Funny to hear what that person thought of your runes.

Just finished skimming through this thread, and I am coloured thoroughly impressed.  I'd bandied the idea of making Dark Mechanicus from the Chaos mreen codex for some time with friends, but I never thought it could be made to look this good!  Keep up the good work, my wayward brother!

Mr Rask you ought to play baseball because you keep knocking it out of the park!!

Serious amount of talent on display here. You must have magic brushes!!

May I ask, given that you have done khorne, Nurgle and then that slaanesh warband, what next after this dark mechanicus?

I know this is just piling on with the slobber, but your modeling skills are just outstanding. It's equally enjoyable that you are an exceptional painter as it would be a shame not to honor your creations with paint jobs they deserve.

I'll have to admit that I am happy sitting on the sidelines, watching your army grow.

However, your latest "spawn" creation is something that I would love to add to an Inquisitorial retinue. What is the body made from? I think I have a enough of the other parts to actually put something like this together.

Cheers,

Thanks a lot for the praise, Honda - always appreciating the kind words, especially when I can inspire someone to do their own versions. :-)

Looks like a Vampire Count Varghist body with Dark Eldar Talos bits. Not forgetting guitar wire, green stuff, other bits, and a ton of talent.

Right on the spot. :-) The "engines" on the arms are Ravenwing accessory sprue assault cannon housings.

I'm hard at work on getting some paint on the Forgefiend - it's one of the biggest models I've got, so it's a little time consuming, but I think it'll come out great. :-)

That's it, I can't hold it in anymore...I'm soooo stealing that for my Thousand Sons! biggrin.png

Ever since I saw that first post, I knew this topic would be just indescribably awesome!

[Edit]: I keep clicking but it won't accept more than one "like"!!! :(

Archived