Dark Mechanicus project - Something binary this way comes...

Alternative idea:rp.jpg

This. While it's got ties with Khorne, red and gold/brass have always been traditional 'chaos' colours, even more so in a mechanicus context. I'd be really interested in hearing how you achieved that red, it looks stunning.

It's pretty easy actually (all my paint-recipes are - I'm a VERY lazy painter :D )

Start out with GW Dark flesh basecoat.

Stipple with same paint, with a little cadian flesh mixed in.

Stipple with 50/50 Dark Flesh/Cadian

Wash with Devlan.

Badab black in the recesses.

This is the paint scheme ive been thinking about for my new marine bike army! I know you mentioned what colours were used but is there any chance we could get a step by step process with pics??

Alternative idea:rp.jpg

This. While it's got ties with Khorne, red and gold/brass have always been traditional 'chaos' colours, even more so in a mechanicus context. I'd be really interested in hearing how you achieved that red, it looks stunning.

It's pretty easy actually (all my paint-recipes are - I'm a VERY lazy painter biggrin.png )

Start out with GW Dark flesh basecoat.

Stipple with same paint, with a little cadian flesh mixed in.

Stipple with 50/50 Dark Flesh/Cadian

Wash with Devlan.

Badab black in the recesses.

This is the paint scheme ive been thinking about for my new marine bike army! I know you mentioned what colours were used but is there any chance we could get a step by step process with pics??

While I would like to help you, it would be very involved for me to do a tutorial, since the light in my apartment only permits taking pictures in natural daylight, and I mostly paint at night, working days. I encourage you to just try out the recipe - it's really not hard. :)

Pfft as if that will stop him :P

Right on! While I think it's mindboggling that a Tau or Dark Eldar army is more likely to use a Knight than chaos, I've already ordered one, and am looking forward to converting it - luckily my gaming club is pretty much the only place I play, and they're pretty large about the "rule of cool" - as in, "this looks awesome and seems fluffy, go on and use it".

I've made a little buddy for my runaway servitor objective marker, this guy:

objective.jpg

This one is reknowned for running off, staying out way too late, and bringing home all sorts of junk, which he proudly hands over to Arch Heretek Karulek:

objective2.jpg

What has he found THIS time?

objective2_1.jpg

OMG! °_°

This is the best thread of the year so far..maybe even since a couple..

Your work is so inspiring and creepy and innovative..

My congratulations for your amazing vision of the dark mechanicus theme and tools..

For what it worths this come from some (not so much anymore) proud owner of 5th edition DIY Adeptus Mechanicus Army

p.s. You make me strongly reconsider my more than decennial statement "I despise chaos in all his ways and will never turn to the dark gods..."

objective.jpg

I see this, and all I hear is:

http://karmajello.com/postcont/2014/02/anigif_enhanced-buzz-27568-1366689754-5.gif

You need an objective marker?

Why not Zoidberg?

Thanks guys! I go "Awwww" when I look at him too. ;)

objective.jpg

http://karmajello.com/postcont/2014/02/anigif_enhanced-buzz-27568-1366689754-5.gif

Why not Zoidberg?

I didn't understand a word of that post. :D

Thanks guys! I go "Awwww" when I look at him too. msn-wink.gif

objective.jpg

Why not Zoidberg?

I didn't understand a word of that post. biggrin.png

The image has anti-hotlinking:

What he means is:

Thanks guys! I go "Awwww" when I look at him too. msn-wink.gif

objective.jpg

Why not Zoidberg?

I didn't understand a word of that post. biggrin.png

The image has anti-hotlinking:

What he means is:

Yep, my bad.

Right, inspired by ectofiend, I'm gonna have to make my own copy of that. Though not sure I want 3 ectoplasma's, it is a beautiful model.

The rest of your stuff is truely amazing, I love looking at your models and figuring out where the bits come from :D

*Subtle opens his mouth in an effort to say something... and nothing comes out. He sits in stunned silence for a moment.*

I love to hate you GuitaRasmus. There's just no other way to put it. You have a blend of vision, style, execution, and efficiency that is envy inducing; and I try very hard not to be truly envious of people. It's usually a massive waste of energy, but when it's this inspiring it can serve a motivating purpose.

I know we spoke many moons ago, but someday when I have the time I would really like to do some kind of collaboration. I have no clue what, or on what level/scope, but something, someday. For now, just keep doing what you do, your instinct is bang-on.

I know we spoke many moons ago, but someday when I have the time I would really like to do some kind of collaboration. I have no clue what, or on what level/scope, but something, someday. For now, just keep doing what you do, your instinct is bang-on.

I just got chills! (in a good way!) A collaboration project from you both would possibly be the best thing ever!

Thanks guys. :) Someone on Dakka coined the term "Forgelings" about the objective markers, which I LOVE. :D

*Subtle opens his mouth in an effort to say something... and nothing comes out. He sits in stunned silence for a moment.*

I love to hate you GuitaRasmus. There's just no other way to put it. You have a blend of vision, style, execution, and efficiency that is envy inducing; and I try very hard not to be truly envious of people. It's usually a massive waste of energy, but when it's this inspiring it can serve a motivating purpose.

You can rest assured the envious feeling is mutual. Your plasticcard work is above and beyond anything I've seen, and if I used transport vehicles in this army, they'd no doubt use your kits. They are THE BEST chaos kits on the web. Clean, crisp, detailed and you GET the chaos aesthetic, something many people seem to miss.

I would love to collaborate on something, or just do some kind of mutual favour. If you have an idea, let's talk! I love to do big monsters, so if you're still interested in a Daemon Prince, maybe we can figure out something. :)

Archived