Here there be Monsters-Blood and Brass

Component shots!

Spoiler

rCC1xTM.png
9Jic4Ww.png
YQYefLH.png

The kitbashing/sculpting, in addition to general reposing and hoof sculpting to create spikes for unspiked hooves, has the following sections:

1. The flamer, piping, and reservoir on the right of the juggernaut from  havoc and imperial guard pieces as well as wire and sculpting.

Spoiler

TezkZ2E.png

2. The double right arm and spear/banner from a combination of invocatus/juggerlord and bloodletter pieces with an index card banner.

Spoiler

yJX1Cbc.jpg
OrK77Aj.jpg

3. The venomcrawler piece replacement for the tail.

Spoiler

tX9Nniu.png

4. The helmet modification with a tank sprue accessory.

Spoiler

nft9u2s.png

Let me know if there's any other close ups wanted!

red: khorne, nuln, evil suns, carrionburg, evil suns dry
brass: balthazar, nuln, brass scorpion, auric dry (ish????)
black: abbadon, probably should have done nuln and a half abbadon/eshin dry, or eshin then nuln
blue: macragge, nuln, teclis
green: macragge->caliban, nuln, teclis->moot  (skipping the macragge/teclis where possible)
fire: a mix of white, lamenter, and bloodletter
mouth: extra carrionburg and reikland fleshshade
bone: averland, ushtabi, agrax, pallid wych dry
skin: ratskin, reikland, cadian, reikland, pallid wych dry
gold on banner includeded a layer of gehenna over the brass

Tried to keep things simplish and quick.

Thanks! And yeah, I was waffling back and forth on bftbg, it's always a risk of too much and where? Bftbg footprints and on the feet as well as in the jaw might make sense if I revisit the model down the line (some bits bug me, the freehand mostly, also the metal might want another wash or the black pipe more visual interest), but it's done for now. The spear was fun, but very fiddly. Fun story on assembly on this, apart from the greenstuff bits (right arms, pipe, base) the only superglue used was in the left rear pastern. Everything else was plastic glue, which getting the surface area for the sword bit to become a speartip was a mess.

Edited by Teetengee

yeah, I thought the flock would be really fun! I haven't played in a few editions now, and I'm sort of working on a soft return to the hobby, meanwhile that sort of basing was common when I first was getting into the hobby, so it felt like a coming together of a lot of different streams, especially with a pretty classic red and brass color scheme. Also, I think it's a little fun, a little silly.

• 3 months later...

5SCnAzc.png

More juggercav on the way. Gonna try to make a retinue of 7 for a lord riding a maulerfiend/juggernaut hybrid for the big old 8. Probably gonna run counts as space wolves, with thunderwolf cav, attached wolfguard, and logan, unless someone lets me come up with khorne rules for them.