Ever felt like... you see someone doing something amazing, and yet you feel that you might be able to do something good to.. You see inspiration, motivation...

or

Ever felt like when you're learning how to play the guitar, and then some friend sends you a link to a youtube video where a 7 y-o plays something way out of your league, and you feel like putting the guitar in the corner of the room, ready to gather dust...

Well...

You, good sire, make me feel both ways. Incredible work !

I just discovered your thread, so I did not have the time to go through all the pages... Just a glimpse of your work.. That's really something I want to learn. I have ideas for my work that I can't do with the typical tactical SM. Anyway... I'll keep your thread in mind...

Kudos !

Edited by masterdPm

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, masteredPm, glad to be some inspiration. :D

I'm back on my ETL vow, having assembled all the cataphractii with arms attached, chain weapons off to paint separately. It's been a while since I painted one my Crimson Sons, so I'm working on getting back into the swing of it by focusing on a single model for now.

http://i.imgur.com/UgSuPFZ.png

Still WIP and I'm not happy with everything, but it's getting there.

Someone looks very Ultramarine-y ;)

I kid, of course. I'm actually really impressed you had the bloody-mindedness to push through and convert each and every halberd as you did. Looking forward to seeing this vow complete, and secretly holding out for Horus to make a reappearance some time soon :)

Someone looks very Ultramarine-y :wink:

How dare you, sir!

Oh, the halberd teeth... the horror... don't remind me. >_<

Yes, as soon as I come up with a good idea for a helm to put on Horus, he will get done. There's some other older projects I'd like to come back to and finish up, like that large Eisenhorn figure, but now that me and Hyenas have starter our Unification project thread, I'll be focusing on actually cranking out some of my Crimson Sons. (btw, you can click the Crimson Sons icon in my sig for the project).

Edited by Brother Chaplain Kage

I start with a dark blue basecoat from a spray can, then airbrush two progressively lighter shades of blue in a mostly zenithal fashion. Then I come back in thinned down dark blue paint and washes to blend the different colors together and fill back in some of the spots I still want to have the midnight blue color.

I present Kaius Lothair Maestoros III of the IV Legion, XLIX Company.

http://i.imgur.com/GPFoWSP.png

Still having trouble photographing this guy. Might try again soon.

Thanks to Hyenas for help coming up with a suitably snobbish and aristocratic sounding name for an Olympian.

I love 'em, dude. He looks amazing, and arrogant as hell.

EDIT: Just noticed the World Eater banner hanging from his waist. Nice touch. :)

Edited by Hyaenidae

High praise from someone who has cranked out some of the best Iron Warriors I've ever seen.

I'm glad I finally got him finished, but most of all, I love that the helmet conversion held up with paint on it. I might have to do more of these Maestoros-pattern MK IV helms. :biggrin.:

EDIT: Just noticed the World Eater banner hanging from his waist. Nice touch. :smile.:

If I can ever get a decent pic to show the colors close to how they really are, the one hanging in front is a piece of a blank blue-green banner.

Edited by Brother Chaplain Kage

Yay!

So happy to finally see paint on this dude. His helm and chest plate look spot on, and I love the mismatched look his greaves and gauntlets have.

• 2 weeks later...

First is my painted Dusk Raider centurion.

http://i.imgur.com/aPK3UfY.png

As usual, my sub-par photo set up isn't picking up some of the highlights and shading.

Second, I've started work on a XIII Legion figure.

I know, I know.

Can I expect the Dark Side of the Ultramarines to be Explored? 

Will y'all have a company raised from the Deathworld Kor'Iban? Pass down teachings with Holographic Cubes?

Either way, I watch with great interest.

That's where the issue is then.

I don't use a diffuser myself. Just my two painting lamps and my wife's DSLR. One lamp from above right, and the other at desk hight front left. I use the MV backgrounds though which help.

XIII Legion? Who the hell does XIII Legion?

:wink:

"All roads bear scars, my child. Twisting trails that part from the path others have taken blindly, rough points of passage where one stumbles into the unknown, and craft their own way in life. The road less traveled may not be an easy path, but the ghosts of those who passed through them stand for others to brave the uncharted world."

-Dragoon-Captain Phelan Mahdra, IV Legion

XIII Legion? Who the hell does XIII Legion?

:wink:

"All roads bear scars, my child. Twisting trails that part from the path others have taken blindly, rough points of passage where one stumbles into the unknown, and craft their own way in life. The road less traveled may not be an easy path, but the ghosts of those who passed through them stand for others to brave the uncharted world."

-Dragoon-Captain Phelan Mahdra, IV Legion

I was making a jest at Kage for jumping on the bandwagon giving me grief over my own decision to start XIII Legion recently. :wink: They've really grown on me with some of their recent fluff, esp in Tempest.

Edited by Brother-Captain Arkhan