Go to solution Solved by Brother-Chaplain Kage,

the middle one could be a sword hilt, possibilities could include a charging cable for a power sword hooked to the scabbard or simply that the sword is behind the leads to the camera on the shoulder. Ultimately it's up to you what they could be, but I recon it's an important part of the art's silhouette so worth trying something, a generator and camera rig would be cool.

edit

also he has an ammo belt so maybe the one on the left is a rifle barrel. 

would make Rifle, Sword and camera with the cables for the camera passing between us and the other two. even if that not quite right it would looks cool and go with the well armoured inquisition Merc.  

Edited by Mechanist

SWEET MOTHER OF THE EMPEROR!!!  "EPIC"  no longer encapsulates the awe inspiring badassery that you produce kage you are seriously like my scratchbuilding role model and one of the reasons i continue to push myself is seeing the stuff you turn out on this page. So brother i say bravo this guy is coming out awesome i cant wait to see more.

Which dremel model do you use, btw?

It says 7700 on the body. 

That face... The pose... The GSfu... The only thing that does not scream Bad Mofo is the shoes- especially the left one

LOL, yeah, I know. They'll probably be the last thing to get done but I do plan on making them look better.

SWEET MOTHER OF THE EMPEROR!!!  "EPIC"  no longer encapsulates the awe inspiring badassery that you produce kage you are seriously like my scratchbuilding role model and one of the reasons i continue to push myself is seeing the stuff you turn out on this page. So brother i say bravo this guy is coming out awesome i cant wait to see more.

Thanks! You've definitely got the right attitude to improve. The best advice I can give anyone is to practice everyday if you can, even if it's something small, be patient, and spend some time planning out what you want to do so you don't waste time and greenstuff.

Thanks! Think I've found it. One step closer to making models as awesome as yours! (Although it was never the removing material that was the big issue for me, it's sculpting it back up after...)

I never thought I'd be saying this on a 40k forum, but those pants look amazing. Your GS work and attention to detail is amazing.

In the artwork, the guy's pants look extremely baggy or loose and I was trying to capture that feel. I think my ability to do folds in cloth is the best thing that's happened to my sculpting ability since I discovered clay shapers.

Thanks! Think I've found it. One step closer to making models as awesome as yours! (Although it was never the removing material that was the big issue for me, it's sculpting it back up after...)

If you ever have questions about something specific, shoot me a PM, but what I'd suggest is try to find all the tutorials out there that you can - videos especially - and start practicing what you learn from them.

Whatever the greebles are supposed to be - please don't leave them out! They make the model look more grimdark for sure.

Excellent work all around, BCK. I caught up n three pages and spent my remaining likes for the day.

I'll do something with the greebles, don't worry, and thanks. :D

The GS is superb, but I find rather disturbing the odd proportions of the power fist arm, something looks weird there.

If you can figure out what looks off, lemme know.

Similarly to Maximvs, I'm put off by the power fist. I think it is due to the length of the arm; currently there doesn't appear to be enough room inside the fist to accommodate the man's elbow, forearm and hand. I would recommend moving the fist down the arm a couple of millimetres so that there is realistically room for the hand and wrist, then sculpt in the elbow/elbow armour above it.

Haven't had much time to work on my figures this week, but I did build a new gun and a better holster for the gunslinger (the previous one unrealistically wrapped around his hip) while I puzzle out what to do for the greebles on his back.

http://i.imgur.com/LOTAAxu.png

Dang, man. Your sculpting skills with cloth have really, really improved. The work you did on those legs is incredible, dude.

I must admit, though, something feels off about the PF arm; I can't quite put my finger on it, though. It almost seems too... stiff? I might be off base there, though

Still, stunning work, man. That is one of the coolest pieces of art in the old =][= book, and you're really doing it justice.  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Aside from the boots, which I have worked in preparation for sculpting, all that's left to do now is the cloak.

http://i.imgur.com/FoG2Tyu.png

I tried a few things over the past week for the drug injectors on his back and I just wasn't happy with any of it, then I remembered I have an incomplete Inquisitor arco-flagellant figure and snipped a few neat looking bits off the drug injectors for him to put on this guy.