Go to solution Solved by Brother-Chaplain Kage,

Hmmm well maybe you could do variations on each one

“So it was, as the Great Crusade progressed, that each Legion fleet slowly took on the character of its master through an endless programme of refits, retrofits and base modifications.

In the case of the White Scars, only one change was ever requested and only one metric was ever improved upon.

Speed.”

Excerpt From: Wraight, Chris. “Scars: Episode VI.”

This is 30K though so the vehicles don't have "machine spirits" or individual personalities. The mounts that the marines ride are almost interchangeable. I believe that there is even mention of a White Scar exchanging his bike for another because of maintenance issues from the world they are fighting on. I believe that the individuality of the marines is more important than the bikes ultimately.

Was there no mention of machine spirits in the HH era? I could swear I've seen it mentioned in some of the novels.

There might be but it's certainly not as prolific as it is in 40K and I'm not researching it at 2:30am my time. You'll just have to take my word for it or start sculpting extra detail in every jet bike. Your choice.

OMG, I wish I could sculpt something like this to mold and cast for my Scars:

http://i.imgur.com/YV3WVK0.jpg?1

It's a modern interpretation of armor from the Yuan Dynasty - the dynasty Kublai Khan, son of Genghis, set up after the Mongols conquered large parts of China.

Chaos nurgle upgrades :wink:

If you mean the plague marines, there's not much to work with there since they're all so deformed already.

I was noticing that a long of the Mongol horsemen drawings and information seemed to indicate a lot of them had ornate saddles, or at lease, decorations added on to them. It makes sense considering how they lived in the saddle as the saying goes. I wanted to convey this somehow without being gaudy and overdoing it, but nothing seemed to directly translate. Then I was having a look at this piece of art:

http://i.imgur.com/NP3JqEl.jpg?1

Specifically, the two jetbikers on either side of the Khan. Now, these jetbikes look more what Sammael is flying rather than the FW Scimitar jetbikes, and there's something in red behind their heads, and I had a strange idea of what it is, but I now believe it's the backpack of their armor. The first thing that popped into my head was something like the back of this chair:

http://i.imgur.com/hub9a5K.jpg?1

Maybe I could use something like that to dress up the back of the "seat" on the jetbike, so I decided to give it a try. It didn't come out quite as well as I had hoped, but after gently posing the marine on the bike, quite a bit of it will be covered up, but there's enough to get the idea.

http://i.imgur.com/5Ylls2p.jpg

Y'know, if you chromed the side of a legion jetbike to look like a mirror....

They just had a discussion about using a "rub and buff" paint product that would probably work for that or you could use Alclad chrome paint on one for a mirror finish.

To here we got BC Kage and today he gonna pimp to ride!

"Now here we have a basic scimitar pattern jetbike but what's we gonna do is put massive fins on this shiz knick fo sho. Then we gonna get 100% i-talian lether seats cause that's boss! Then we gonna put spinners here here and here cause we just love shiny moving objects! And if that ain't enough ima put power armour over your power armour so you can be wearing power armour while your chilling in your power armour".....

Wait scratch the last part.

No extra power armour Kage!

It would take a LOT of work for that because the surface of the jetbike isn't smooth - the skin is covered in tiny little depressions that wouldn't really show up with a normal paint job, but it would look awful if you tried to chrome it.

Edit: Uhh.. how did we get to this point, Jasp? O_O

Edited by Brother Chaplain Kage

On my day off this week, which is Thursday, iirc, I'm going to see about cleaning up my desk and organizing all of my 40k stuff. Hopefully, when I do that, I will find Eisenhorn's left arm so I can get back to work on him.