The Minotaurs & also Horus (Updated August 18th)

Lorenzen

Wowsers awesome work dude; especially on the characters (I include sergeants in this bracket) and you newly promoted Sgt. is the pick. He looks brutal as a Minotaur should; cold, hard and with an air of "I am better than you".

Great stuff :)

EDIT spelling

Okay so I totally haven't got distracted by a recent purchase..

10170974_10152090590621406_1017505263_n.

open day was great, got to spend a decent amount of time talking to the sculptors about technique and little tricks of the trade.. im feeling the need to embark on a pretty heavy sculpting challenge soon..

i also picked up Hamath Kraatos and the collectors ed of book 3.. Kraatos is a lovely model with a lot of hidden detail, ill be picking up a 2nd to convert at the weekender (and most likely a few more for backups/bits) currently primed and ready to be basecoated bronze.

i also picked up Hamath Kraatos and the collectors ed of book 3.. Kraatos is a lovely model with a lot of hidden detail, ill be picking up a 2nd to convert at the weekender (and most likely a few more for backups/bits) currently primed and ready to be basecoated bronze.

Oh God Emperor, please post some pics of Kraatos soon!  It's criminal they made that character into an event only mini, I want to see him in all his glory! 

Oh God Emperor, please post some pics of Kraatos soon!  It's criminal they made that character into an event only mini, I want to see him in all his glory! 

I would like to see that "event only" Minotaur as well and I'm extremely reluctant to pay $50 for him on ebay.  I'll have to be satisfied to enjoy him vicariously through your work Lorenzen.

My only problem with kraatos is he doesnt have two blades chained to his arms, running round threatening to kill someone called zeus :p man you paint fast, and I see you may be attempting horus' glowing features? Or you going to keep his face, face coloured?

My only problem with kraatos is he doesnt have two blades chained to his arms, running round threatening to kill someone called zeus tongue.png man you paint fast, and I see you may be attempting horus' glowing features? Or you going to keep his face, face coloured?

Helter- imagine putting a forgeworld chain bayonet onto the heavy bolter Kraatos comes with- suddenly that model gets about 100X more badass.

I too want to know if you're doing the iconic face glow though; because I'd be very much interested in a tutorial if you did.

Ill post some pics of kraatos tonight when I get home from work, the heavy bolter covers a lot of very cool detail which is a shame.. and is why ill be picking up a 2nd to make a captain model with I think.

Ill be doing the glowing cowl on horus.. it's too much a part of how I see him to not do it, though currently its just a single coat of vmc flat red I plan on making his face very much the focal point of the model.. (and ill try and post some step by step stuff)

okay update time..

10168058_10152092190561406_520990901_n.j

got a few of kraatos's colours blocked in.. looks pretty messy atm but that will change as i work on him further..

The glow on Horus is coming along.. since the initial stage of vmc flat red ive given it a layer of vmc vermillion and gone over the pipes with biel tan green just to pick out a few bits.. they'll be cleaned up with vmc vermillion before i go any further.. the brass areas are just the start hence why they look pretty pants atm.. ignore those.

10001417_10152092194696406_935710676_n.j

extra angles.. noticed the mold lines on the legs... 40 lashes it is sleep.png

10153035_10152092304911406_1953453694_n.

1002653_10152092305191406_1805754482_n.j

1477443_10152092305366406_669774908_n.jp

he has cool pteruges between his legs (blowing in the wind and visible from the rear) and a bit of parchment/loincloth under his heavy bolter that is pretty much 100% covered..

Can I ask which bits did you use to make Kraatos or did you do all the little minotaur heads and greek flare? questions a side its all very tantalizing smile.png especially Horus!

yeah its the ghost razors, he'll be finally making his way to Rider this sunday after a long wait on his behalf.

Yay! Can't wait to see how he has turned out. He's made it as far as Drew's, so I know he's close (all of about 20-odd miles). Need to organise picking him up now.....

Horus is looking like a good start and I'm liking the way your Minos and Inq are going too :)

Can I ask which bits did you use to make Kraatos or did you do all the little minotaur heads and greek flare? question a side all for tantalizing smile.png especially Horus!

Kraatos is a Forge World Open Day exclusive, I believe. Which is a shame, because I can see him becoming a beautiful Emperor's Child.

The Minotaur is coming along nicely, and I'm already impressed with the shroud lighting in Horus. Top job!

Thanks Dragon skin, but that is a shame I do wish they would sell open day figures on the website I know it defeats the objective getting time off work is a pain..

Also surprised forge world haven't made head or part swaps out of this guy :)

Yeah as noted in the extra angles post im aware of the mould lines and shall rectify.

I think originally kraatos was planned for a general release but has ended up as a show only model due to various circumstances which is a shame.. id love to see more fw loving for the taurs and Alan Bligh seems passionate about them.. so who knows we may see "Codex Supplement: Minotaurs" one of these days.

10012575_10152093624351406_1076332105_n.

sloooooooow progress, but progress all the same. brass areas look a little better.. but are still a little messy from adding a bit more contrast to the black.. this is going to be a long project.

extra angles.. noticed the mold lines on the legs... 40 lashes it is sleep.png

10153035_10152092304911406_1953453694_n.

1002653_10152092305191406_1805754482_n.j

1477443_10152092305366406_669774908_n.jp

he has cool pteruges between his legs (blowing in the wind and visible from the rear) and a bit of parchment/loincloth under his heavy bolter that is pretty much 100% covered..

Ouch. Those ML look painful and on some nice detail too. Better use a sexy paint job as a distraction.

Archived