The Minotaurs & also Horus (Updated August 18th)

Lorenzen

Its nice to come back to such positivity, love you all :)

As far as the gun barrels go my earlier stuff is all drilled but atm my drill bits are nowhere to be seen so ive gotta wait to do them. -_-

Small update, decided I'd bite the bullet and start on a vehicle to see how the scheme and method translated

10007068_10152057238691406_1183663916_n.

an Aiakos shaped vehicle msn-wink.gif his arms will be magnetized so that i can run him as a dual kheres mortis (in a lucius pod) when the mood strikes me.. though most of the time im hoping to leave that job to Lycos if i can.

Really happy to see you back Lorenzen, I was missing your inspiring poses :D

Love these updates, I'm especially impressed by the last marine face. Dare I say you've made awesome progress ? This flesh tone is exactly what I would like to achieve, but I'm a lightyear far from it... It's the same recipe you've explained in your Fire Angels plog ?

Cheers dude, its a variation on the method I described for the fire angels yeah, the only real difference is that I went over a few shadows with a mix of terracotta and the basic flesh colour (cadian fleshtone in this case).. most of it is just refined application.

Been sculpting something for the Taurs as an ally.. figured that access to battle brother servo skulls and imp armour 2's "legacy upgrade" that makes blasts ignore cover on a tank *cough scorpius cough* could be rather disgusting.. especially against my most hated foe... Eldar *shakes fist*

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/080/b/a/2014_03_21_16_05_54_by_typhion-d7b1pyg.jpg

So here is my Insane little Ordo Xenos Inquisitor as he currently stands.. got lots more work to do on him and then start on some form of retinue armed with lots of melty death most likely.

Inquisitor looks good, what did you use for the belt holding up the book? Spare piece of brass or an actual etch brass belt?

Never would've thought to put the ignore cover legacy on a scorpius- that certainly spells out bad days ahead for some eldar. 

its an off cut from my death guard brass etch, ill be making a buckle for it before long (out of 5amp fuse wire and greenstuff) in the same manner i did for the ones holding my death guard praetors cloak onto his armour..

i was sorely tempted to add that legacy to a caestus.. but i want to keep at least a few friends! tongue.png

its an off cut from my death guard brass etch, ill be making a buckle for it before long (out of 5amp fuse wire and greenstuff) in the same manner i did for the ones holding my death guard praetors cloak onto his armour..

i was sorely tempted to add that legacy to a caestus.. but i want to keep at least a few friends! tongue.png

Sadly, I don't think that glory applies to flyers- unless FW errata'd it? I was under the assumption that unless a legacy of glory says it can be taken by a flyer, it applied to ground vehicles only. I'll happily admit if I'm wrong, but might be something to email them and clarify.

And yes, that would not exactly be the "friendliest' thing to do; but dang if it isn't potentially devastating!

Cheers, it looks like i'll be taking part in a local tournament in the near future so i've got to crack on with the army and make some concrete desicions on the list..

decided to make one of the sternguard into a tactical sergeant (the bearded combi melta dude is getting a promotion to sternguard to make up for this)

1557619_10152075532606406_839257201_n.jp

with the current meta im feeling that melta on the tacs isnt ideal and have decided that plasma is the way forwards for me atm.. especially when combined with pref enemy with moloc.. rerolling 1's becomes rather useful.

the face isnt my best and ill be retouching it tomorrow i think along with getting a bit more contrast and tone into the armour before working on all the little bits and bobs.

thanks dude, hes a bit rough in places, but im enjoying painting him, the plasma was interesting as ive never tried for that style before.

bit more work on him and aiakos for now.

10155461_10152076504091406_2099991735_n.

im not sure on the bronze pad on aiakos atm.. i originally wanted to break up some of the red but now im thinking i should revert back to both pads being red..

most of his colours are just blocked into place atm, really need to start neatening him up.

Looking good man, I think the dual red shoulders would tie in well with his veteran status and the terminators. Not really a gripe against your modeling or painting, but the shield on the Aiakos model has always bugged me, it just feels slapped-on and the back of it is glaringly plain on model so jam-packed with detail.

only a small update today (night shifts suck.. as does having to fix broken motorcycle parts to GET to said night shifts sleep.png)

switched back to the red shoulder and started playing with pigments on his base. somewhat tempted to give him a black stripe on his head and generally unsure about what im going to do with the parchment on his shield may have to harass Dargor about greek stuff..

1966863_10152081336991406_190911028_n.jp

im working on them at the same time as this wench! the mino symbol was done with the left over gs/mp mix from your cloak!

honestly some people... tongue.png

for those who don't know.. im sculpting a praetor (or 2) for Rider..

1148818_10151658994526406_2008507439_n.j

he'll be getting a lion pelt and a bit more bling on him before long.. currently taking 3000 grit sandpaper to the cloak to make sure its pretty much flawless.

That thing is mind blowing. The cape especially. Am I right in assuming the Claw is the Ghost Razors off the Huron model?

im working on them at the same time as this wench! the mino symbol was done with the left over gs/mp mix from your cloak!

honestly some people... tongue.png

for those who don't know.. im sculpting a praetor (or 2) for Rider..

1148818_10151658994526406_2008507439_n.j

he'll be getting a lion pelt and a bit more bling on him before long.. currently taking 3000 grit sandpaper to the cloak to make sure its pretty much flawless.

That thing is mind blowing. The cape especially. Am I right in assuming the Claw is the Ghost Razors off the Huron model?

The claw IIRC is from Tyberos the red wake. As always these are looking great Lorenzen. My own Taurs are approaching completion but as I have painted them in bits I have nothing much to show for it yet. Hope to share them soon as yours have been a great inspiration to mine.

Keep up the great work! How about you do a Blood Angels army next so I can follow that to help with mine ;)

yeah its the ghost razors, he'll be finally making his way to Rider this sunday after a long wait on his behalf.

Me and blood angels dont get on, i tried it once and got annoyed with it.. after the taurs are done its back to the death guard and starting on heresy 1k sons (plan on painting them with a laquered candy coat style red.. priming gold and then tamiya clear red over it etc.)

Archived